High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > Off Topic Discussion > Sports Forum
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Sports Forum Talk about sports! RSS - Sports Forum

2017 College Football

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 AM   #16
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrosco View Post
I am so upset tonight as I was planning on watching Colorado vs Colorado State at 8 p.m. Our time in Cincinnati because I just got rid of my DirecTV week ago and got this new Cincinnati Bell fioptics TV and they give me the sports package free for a year and it had Fox Sports Pacific in it and I thought for sure the game would be on there but it's Colorado versus Oklahoma volleyball or something like that what a drag LOL

Guess I'll watch Washington beat Rutgers see if they can score a 100 on them.

Would love to get the pac-12 channel here but can't complain I get a few different areas of Fox Sports that shows a lot of football plus Big Ten Network and SEC network
I switched to SlingTV so I could get some sports without paying a small fortune. I get my Pac-12, all of the ESPN and SEC but don't get the FS1 or FS2 unless I pay more than it's worth for just a couple of channels. I can't get the Big 10 either so I missed the first Minnesota game. But, overall it beats cable or satellite. I would like to see the day we can get just sports for a fair price. I do get all of the locals with an antenna and my computers so I can record all of the games and watch at leisure.
lsilvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:49 AM   #17
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,844
Default

Congrats to WarEagle for whopping us on the first week. That Texas A&M pick just buried the rest of us. That was the wildest game of the season so far with UCLA coming back from 34 points down and winning the game by 1 point scoring 5 touchdowns. The WVA/VT game was also a good one. Sorry for not being here for the weekend but my Son was down here visiting so I had a lot to do here. But, looks like it's going to be a fun year.
lsilvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:10 AM   #18
been lost
 
Wareagle34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrosco View Post
Did you see this Wareagle?
Cam Newton's little brother led Junior College team he plays for, Howard University, to biggest upset in CFB history.
They were 45 point underdogs & beat UNLV 48-45.

If he keeps playing like that all year imagine Auburn is going to be offering him a scholarship to move up and play for them and knowing that he is Cam Newton's little brother I would love to see Ohio State go after him also because this is Barrett's last year but no doubt if he keeps it up all year and with the Heritage she has of his brother before him there's going to be a lot of FBS schools after him.
I'm surprised a bigger school didn't offer him just on his name alone and take a chance.
Wareagle34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:13 AM   #19
been lost
 
Wareagle34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,110
Default

I'll remember this day; I'm in first.
I went to bed at halftime last night and of course missed a crazy second half in the Tennessee / Georgia Tech game.
Wareagle34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:07 AM   #20
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wareagle34 View Post
I'll remember this day; I'm in first.
I went to bed at halftime last night and of course missed a crazy second half in the Tennessee / Georgia Tech game.
That game could have gone either way but was really a great finish and I give Ga Tech credit for going after 2 points for the win. If GT had anything resembling a field goal kicker it wouldn't have gotten to that point. But, really good first week with a lot of interesting games.
lsilvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #21
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,844
Default

Just saw our sheet and we have one game that was cancelled (Florida vs Northern Colorado) and 2 that were postponed (South Florida and Florida State). Anyone know how this should be handled regarding our picks?

I wasn't able to find the rules yet but will keep looking.
lsilvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:26 AM   #22
been lost
 
Wareagle34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsilvest View Post
Just saw our sheet and we have one game that was cancelled (Florida vs Northern Colorado) and 2 that were postponed (South Florida and Florida State). Anyone know how this should be handled regarding our picks?

I wasn't able to find the rules yet but will keep looking.
I was hoping they'd be removed by now, but I just made them my 3 lowest confidence games.
Wareagle34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:43 PM   #23
My Precious!!!
 
drbrosco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SW Ohio
Age: 49
Posts: 5,013
Default

I did the same thing as WarEagle I just put my 1, 2 & 3 on those three games.
Those postponed games may not be played for weeks as I seriously doubt they get played Sunday or Monday so like I said I just went with the same idea is War Eagle because I've never seen no rules on that before.

If I had to guess I would imagine they will treat those games as a push with no points going either way.
drbrosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #24
My Precious!!!
 
drbrosco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SW Ohio
Age: 49
Posts: 5,013
Default

I know NFL is Big Time Entertainment now in the United States but I was still shocked that there was no in a college games on last night other than a game with two teams that I don't even think are in the FBS. I wish they would have put at least one good game on cuz I know I would have watched it I didn't even watch the NFL game.

I was a huge Steelers fan since I was a kid in the 70s and I never wavered even though I live in the Cincinnati area I stayed a PITT fan in their bad years and good years but the NFL just doesn't excite me anymore I think I watched maybe three NFL games last year and that was only because of Ezekiel Elliott in his first year out of Ohio State running all over the NFL with the Cowboys as I believe I seen two cowboy games and one Steeler game.

I like to keep my focus on college football and that's it because normally we get at least three days of college football Thursday night Friday night and about 13 or 14 hours on Saturday. Much more exciting and I believe the guys in college play with their heart. I'm sure there's NFL players that play with their heart but I believe a whole lot of them play for nothing but the paycheck and could care less whether they win or lose. That's just my 2 cents on the NFL.....give me college any day
drbrosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #25
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrosco View Post
I know NFL is Big Time Entertainment now in the United States but I was still shocked that there was no in a college games on last night other than a game with two teams that I don't even think are in the FBS. I wish they would have put at least one good game on cuz I know I would have watched it I didn't even watch the NFL game.

I was a huge Steelers fan since I was a kid in the 70s and I never wavered even though I live in the Cincinnati area I stayed a PITT fan in their bad years and good years but the NFL just doesn't excite me anymore I think I watched maybe three NFL games last year and that was only because of Ezekiel Elliott in his first year out of Ohio State running all over the NFL with the Cowboys as I believe I seen two cowboy games and one Steeler game.

I like to keep my focus on college football and that's it because normally we get at least three days of college football Thursday night Friday night and about 13 or 14 hours on Saturday. Much more exciting and I believe the guys in college play with their heart. I'm sure there's NFL players that play with their heart but I believe a whole lot of them play for nothing but the paycheck and could care less whether they win or lose. That's just my 2 cents on the NFL.....give me college any day
I completely agree with you. I've been a Packers fan since about 1950 because they used to come up and train in my neck of the woods in northern Minnesota. I will still watch their games but none of the others. I think the College games are a lot more fun.
lsilvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:35 PM   #26
My Precious!!!
 
drbrosco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SW Ohio
Age: 49
Posts: 5,013
Default

I am getting destroyed in the college pics LOL. But there is still plenty of time.

As far as our teams Wareagle me and you need teams that can get their offense together Auburn only scored 6 & I thought they would beat Clemson and Ohio State was absolutely pathetic at home against Oklahoma on offense and Oklahoma defense is nothing to write home about.

Something happened and I didn't get to watch Georgia versus Notre Dame but that's pathetic Notre Dame losing to a lousy team like Georgia but I know they're going to say well we got a freshman quarterback I don't care if you're a freshman or senior when you play for Notre Dame you should be able to produce in when you're home games.

lsivest your Buffalo's and Gophers had no trouble scoring points yesterday Colorado played a terrible team but Minnesota Played a Pac-12 team and blew them off the field that can be a good sign I think.
drbrosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:33 PM   #27
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrosco View Post
I am getting destroyed in the college pics LOL. But there is still plenty of time.

As far as our teams Wareagle me and you need teams that can get their offense together Auburn only scored 6 & I thought they would beat Clemson and Ohio State was absolutely pathetic at home against Oklahoma on offense and Oklahoma defense is nothing to write home about.

Something happened and I didn't get to watch Georgia versus Notre Dame but that's pathetic Notre Dame losing to a lousy team like Georgia but I know they're going to say well we got a freshman quarterback I don't care if you're a freshman or senior when you play for Notre Dame you should be able to produce in when you're home games.

lsivest your Buffalo's and Gophers had no trouble scoring points yesterday Colorado played a terrible team but Minnesota Played a Pac-12 team and blew them off the field that can be a good sign I think.
Actually, the team CU played wasn't very good but the one Minnesota played is really pathetic. They won't win a game in the Pac-12. Colorado needs an offense. Their defense is really stellar.

I would say I was sorry about your Ohio State, but they played a weak team their first game and didn't get past them until the 4th quarter. You guys better look for a long year as the whole Big 10 really looks weak. I haven't seen anyone anywhere that can hold a candle to Bama.

You're right in that Georgia is nothing to crow about but Notre Dame was really bad. There have been some good games this year but overall it looks like a lot of mediocre teams out there, which is a blessing to my Buffs and Gophers.
lsilvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:59 PM   #28
been lost
 
Wareagle34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,110
Default

Bad start so far, back to reality for me.
Wareagle34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #29
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wareagle34 View Post
Bad start so far, back to reality for me.
Well, you are still in front. Our main problem in picking these games is we try to think too much when it is really just a guessing game. We can all pick winners most of the time but these spreads are really mind boggling.

I really couldn't figure out a lot of these teams this week. Bama not covering the spread was like they just took the week off which happens when they are so superior to another team or did they get a wake-up call. Stanford losing to SDS was a real shock but the one that really was fun was watching Cal pull the plug on Ole Miss. UCLA and Memphis were fun to watch if you didn't like seeing any defense. The whole Pac-12 was running in circles all day.

Maybe the week was just getting ready for the real season for some of them.
lsilvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:04 AM   #30
My Precious!!!
 
drbrosco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SW Ohio
Age: 49
Posts: 5,013
Default

Well I am digging that last place hole a little deeper each week but I'm just saving it up for a big run in the second half of the season LOL

I agree lsivest about Bama I thought what the heck is Saban doing but then I guess he just thinks they're so good they don't need to run up the score.

And the team that I absolutely hate that I thought was going to be very good this year, LSU, doesn't look like they're going to be much, of course one week can just be bad week and any team can have that and if you're going to have it September Is when to have it, but I just from everything I had seen about them and I really like that new coach that took over in the middle of last year I thought LSU was going to be Alabama's toughest contender along with Auburn
drbrosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > Off Topic Discussion > Sports Forum
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:24 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum