High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Speakers & Surround Sound A place to learn more about speakers, their functionality and how they can complement your entertainment experience.

Klipsch Quintet III Speakers (Mounting?)

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #1  
High on Definition
Thread Starter
 
BiggNewt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,609
Default Klipsch Quintet III Speakers (Mounting?)

I'm thinking about getting this system and noticed the speakers come with stands attached. How can this be mounted to a wall? I currently have speakers attached to the wall with brackets that swivel. Can I use these?
BiggNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:04 AM   #2  
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggNewt View Post
I'm thinking about getting this system and noticed the speakers come with stands attached. How can this be mounted to a wall? I currently have speakers attached to the wall with brackets that swivel. Can I use these?
Yes the stands swivel they can be mounted to the wall or anywhere you would like them to be ..FYI the bottom of the stand has a metal plate that can be removed an used as a template makes mounting a breeze
patrickf0345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:50 AM   #3  
High on Definition
Thread Starter
 
BiggNewt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,609
Default

Okay well that being cool and all, the only thing is I currently have two hole for each bracket as it is, wanting to avoid putting more holes in the wood paneling. Suppose it's a sacrifice I might have to make for better sound. Anyone have this set?
BiggNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #4  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
gamebred's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggNewt View Post
Okay well that being cool and all, the only thing is I currently have two hole for each bracket as it is, wanting to avoid putting more holes in the wood paneling. Suppose it's a sacrifice I might have to make for better sound. Anyone have this set?

I don't have the Quintet IIIs but i do have the Quintet SLs in the bedroom. After comparing them both, the SLs have a "fuller" sound due to the extra woofer. I found the Quintet IIIs to be too bright for my tastes. I paid the same for the SLs at Vanns as BB was charging for the III's. I don't know what your planning to pay for the IIIs, but it may be worth looking into the SLs if you go that route.

Honestly, if I were to do it all over again especially spending many nights with these speakers in my bedroom, I would have probably looked into the Energy line, as they have some deals going on for a small setup suitable for a bedroom. The entry level Klipsch speakers can be harsh at times, in my own experiences. You may disagree. I do like the sound of there reference line but I haven't lived with a pair yet. I've actually started looking into other lines that have a "warmer" feel to them. The best thing to do is actually listen to them for yourself ...preferably with your receiver of choice.

Hope this helps some.
gamebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #5  
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggNewt View Post
Okay well that being cool and all, the only thing is I currently have two hole for each bracket as it is, wanting to avoid putting more holes in the wood paneling. Suppose it's a sacrifice I might have to make for better sound. Anyone have this set?
I have them in my den in a 7.3 system for them being a small satellite speakers the sound is very impressive pair them up with a good receiver and sub the sound is quite nice .I'm not sure if gamebred ment the Synergy line i've never heard of the energy line at klipsch but the Quintet III system is apart of the synergy line I also own the Klipsch synergy f-3 5.2 system in my living room so if you have any more questions i might be able to help .but in my opinion you should find a klipsch dealer in your area and demo them first before you buy the taste of sound differs from person to person
patrickf0345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #6  
High on Definition
Thread Starter
 
BiggNewt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,609
Default

Okay, slight change of plan.

I might just a good center from Klipsch (I'm in desperate need of a center, I have HTIB one right now).

Which of the centers from Klipsch would best suit my speakers? They are 8ohms, 160W Max, with Wooden Enclosures.

Was checking out the RC-52, RC-25, RC-35, C-1, and RCX-4..I'm trying to stay under $200 if at all possible.
BiggNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #7  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
gamebred's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickf0345 View Post
I'm not sure if gamebred ment the Synergy line i've never heard of the energy line at klipsch but the Quintet III system is apart of the synergy line I also own the Klipsch synergy f-3

No, I meant Energy speakers...a completely different brand of speakers with a completely different sound. I'm just not a big fan of Klipsch's synergy line after spending some time with them. I just think you can do better for the price. Don't get me wrong, I do like Klipsch's reference series speakers but anything below that sounds too "tinny" for my liking.

BiggNewt, if you don't match your center to the rest of your speakers, you're going to be dissappointed. The idea is to match all speakers in a system so they perform seamlessly. Each brand of speaker has a different timbre and tone. It won't sound too good if you go mixing and matching different speakers....unless you can find similiar sounding speakers that share the same tone as one another, which is possible but more trouble than it's worth, IMO. Your best bet would be to purchase your mains and center at the same time. You could start with a 3.0 system, later on...add a sub and make it a 3.1 setup. You could always add the surrounds down the road.

Last edited by gamebred; 10-22-2009 at 07:28 AM..
gamebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #8  
I'm Gonna Get You Sucka.
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebred View Post

BiggNewt, if you don't match your center to the rest of your speakers, you're going to be dissappointed. The idea is to match all speakers in a system so they perform seamlessly. Each brand of speaker has a different timbre and tone. It won't sound too good if you go mixing and matching different speakers.....
This applies to L/C/R only for the most part. Mixing brands between front and back really yields no negative impact.
eiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #9  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
gamebred's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiger View Post
This applies to L/C/R only for the most part. Mixing brands between front and back really yields no negative impact.
I didn't see where the OP said anything about buying the Klipsch mains along with their center channel. This is why I reccomended buying the fronts and center at the same time. It seemed as though BigNewt was going to get a Klipsch center to pair with his/her HTIB... which wouldn't sound right. Actually, it would sound like sh*t. I know from firsthand experience what a Klipsch center channel sounds like with HTIB speakers, as I used my Klipsch SL speaker as a center for a week or so. The HTIB center sounded okay with the Klipsch fronts after some tweaking with crossover settings and treble on the receiver but it still doesn't sound as good as when matched correctly. It did take away that harshness from the dialog. I only did this for aesthetic reasons. The HTIB center fit in the empty top drawer of my chest of drawers perfectly. It was a small sacrifice for a bedroom setup that looks clean.

It would just be wiser to get a matching set of less expensive speakers than to have a nice center channel with inferior speakers, IMO.
gamebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #10  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 7,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggNewt View Post
Okay well that being cool and all, the only thing is I currently have two hole for each bracket as it is, wanting to avoid putting more holes in the wood paneling. Suppose it's a sacrifice I might have to make for better sound. Anyone have this set?

I think it is going to depend on how much money you are willing to spend. For the price of what the Quintet III speakers cost, I am not sure if you will find anything out there that sounds better. The sound quality is darn impressive for such small bookshelf speakers, and I am now considering buying another set to put in the living room since it is very small.

Nice bright sound, and even better if you pair it with a good subwoofer. I have mine paired to a Klipsch RSW 10.
junehhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #11  
High on Definition
Thread Starter
 
BiggNewt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebred View Post
I didn't see where the OP said anything about buying the Klipsch mains along with their center channel. This is why I reccomended buying the fronts and center at the same time. It seemed as though BigNewt was going to get a Klipsch center to pair with his/her HTIB... which wouldn't sound right. Actually, it would sound like sh*t. I know from firsthand experience what a Klipsch center channel sounds like with HTIB speakers, as I used my Klipsch SL speaker as a center for a week or so. The HTIB center sounded okay with the Klipsch fronts after some tweaking with crossover settings and treble on the receiver but it still doesn't sound as good as when matched correctly. It did take away that harshness from the dialog. I only did this for aesthetic reasons. The HTIB center fit in the empty top drawer of my chest of drawers perfectly. It was a small sacrifice for a bedroom setup that looks clean.

It would just be wiser to get a matching set of less expensive speakers than to have a nice center channel with inferior speakers, IMO.
Actually I already have some decent fronts, they are getting up there in age but they still put out some good quality. The only thing left in my sound system that is HTIB is the Surrounds and the Center. I do plan on going to all Klipsch at some point. Just NEED a center ASAP, and while looking at just centers I came across the Quintet III. So my dilemma is...should I get a good center from Klipsch and add fronts then surrounds later. Or get a decent speaker system all in one like the Quintet III and not have a good as center as I would get now?
BiggNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #12  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
gamebred's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 298
Default

Okay, I gotcha. If your fronts are just temporary, I'd personally go with the RC-62. I would check e-bay as you might find a good deal on one. It is a good speaker for the price and it would pair nicely with some R5, R7s, RF 62s or 82s later on. It is the little brother of the RC64...which is one badassed center. In medium sized rooms, the RC62 is no slouch. It would make a nice first upgrade. Have you decided on which Klipsch fronts you are looking to upgrade to later?
gamebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #13  
Former Super Moderator
 
Loves2Watch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: In Flux
Posts: 20,283
Default

The center channel speaker in a surround sound system is the absolute most important speaker in the chain and must be tonally and timbre matched to the front speakers if things are to sound correct. If not you will have terrible problems with dialog and things sounding muddied.

I would suggest getting the quintet system to make sure your fronts (all 3) are matched.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:27 AM   #14  
High on Definition
Thread Starter
 
BiggNewt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,609
Default

I've been looking at the following C-2, RC-35, RC-52, RCX-4. The 64 seems to be out of my price range.

And in Systems Quintet III, HD 500 System and to throw a monkey wrench in the equation a few Polk systems and Inifinity systems...

Also looked at the QuintetSL, what is the big difference between that and the Quintet III, all I can see is a lower frequency response with the fronts.

And on the mounting with the Quintets, can I take the stands off and use the keyhole in the back to mount them to the stands I already have in place?

Last edited by BiggNewt; 10-23-2009 at 06:32 AM..
BiggNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:39 AM   #15  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
gamebred's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggNewt View Post

Also looked at the QuintetSL, what is the big difference between that and the Quintet III, all I can see is a lower frequency response with the fronts.

....and that's a good thing. I have mine crossed at 80hz instead of 100-120 that should be applied to the III's. If you like the brighter sound of the Quintet III's....go for it. Your sub will pull low feq. duty anyways.

As far as centers yeah, the RC64 will run you $750-1000. That's why I reccomended looking into the RC62 instead. Unless you had a big room and plenty of power, the RC64 would just be overkill. You should be able to find a RC62 anywhere from $250-$380. If that's more than you are willing to spend try looking into the RC52, another nice center channel. I only recommend this because you say you are looking to upgrade to all Klipsch later on but depending on how much later...an all in one setup such as the IIIs or the SLs, might suit your needs better.
gamebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


to Klipsch Quintet III Speakers (Mounting?)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Athena .5 Or Klipsch Quintet Iii section8joe Speakers & Surround Sound 9 12-19-2007 10:04 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:54 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands