High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Rear-Projection TVs CRT, DLP, LCD, LCOS

Like Tree6Likes

"Blinking Green Light of Death" - a frequent prob. w/Mitsubishi rear-proj widescreens

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 06:08 AM   #151  
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
Default

Paul, thanks so much for your help and knowledge. I have a WS-65869 model which is about 6-7 years old. Our street had a Brown Out and it spiked the line voltage when the AC came back on. I did have the continuous green blinking light and it stopped me from turning on my TV. I went through the procedure for removing the DM PCB and the capacitors, even though they did not bubble up. I was then concerned as to whether or not I should replace the capacitors. Since I had the board out, I felt it would be best to replace them anyway. I replaced all 7 with 1000 uF/25v capacitors and after plugging in the system again. The blinking green light came on for about 45 seconds and then turned off. I was so excited to have the TV turn back on again. I just wanted to inform others that even if the capacitors look great without bulging, just replace them. It definitely worked for me.

Paul your awesome..
timeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:27 AM   #152  
My plasma is High Def.
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
Default Help

I'm having the same issue. I bought 2 of these things last year the Y-57 and Y-65 both of which are blinking the green light of death.

I bought them at Circuit City, so I'm prolly out of luck. Can you please send instructions to
bradnone @ hotmail . com


Thanks so much and great info!
Sirmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #153  
A couch and an HDTV to go please.
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10
Angry

happen to me now with the Misubishi model # WD-52825. Nothing help: reset, unplug power, ... Anyone have the instruction or service manual that i can have? Please forward anything that you have to fix the Green blinking light problem.
Thanks
tom1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #154  
Football in HD, mmm good!
 
deadhead68's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 2,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1952 View Post
happen to me now with the Misubishi model # WD-52825. Nothing help: reset, unplug power, ... Anyone have the instruction or service manual that i can have? Please forward anything that you have to fix the Green blinking light problem.
Thanks
Forward it where? You didn't leave an email address. If you post your email, PaulD318 will send it to you. He has helped countless people in this thread, but he needs to know where to send it.

DeadHead68
deadhead68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #155  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 48
Default

Can anyone help me with purchasing capacitors? I need 3300uf/10 volt for the power supply board of a WD-52725. The radio shack here doesn't carry that voltage. Only 50 volt. I looked to purchase online on Digi-Key but there are so many different options. ERS, features, lead spacing, etc. I have NO idea what to choose...any help?? please??
pyonir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #156  
You're a nice lady...
Thread Starter
 
Paul D318's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 350
Default Get them from here...

This info is from the instructions I send folks regarding the caps that fail on the power supply boards in the WD-XXXXX series sets:

"The caps on the power supply board that fail are 3300uf/10 volt, and can be replaced with identically-rated caps. These can be obtained from a company called MCM Electronics. Their part # for these caps is 31-5365, and can be ordered here: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/31-5365 - for a whopping $3.32/each."

Good luck - Paul
Paul D318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #157  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 48
Default

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you so much Paul. :P It's much appreciated. I hadn't received any info you sent with regards to the power supply.

But this is exactly what I needed. Thank you.
pyonir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #158  
Football in HD, mmm good!
 
deadhead68's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 2,923
Default

Although I have not needed Paul's help, I must give a huge "THANK YOU" to Paul for all of the people he has helped.
Not many people would be willing to give the time that Paul has to help those in need. I have personally sent a couple people the link to this thread who had Mitsubishi's that did need help.

DeadHead68
deadhead68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #159  
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: juarez mexico
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D318 View Post
People are still not following these simple instructions...
You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 5 posts or more.
alonso752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #160  
You're a nice lady...
Thread Starter
 
Paul D318's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso752 View Post
You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 5 posts or more.

To whose attempt - to post which URL - are you referring?
Paul D318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #161  
Former Super Moderator - RIP
 
PFC5's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mass
Posts: 38,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead68 View Post
Although I have not needed Paul's help, I must give a huge "THANK YOU" to Paul for all of the people he has helped.
Not many people would be willing to give the time that Paul has to help those in need. I have personally sent a couple people the link to this thread who had Mitsubishi's that did need help.

DeadHead68
I agree completely. He is a great asset to this site, and just as a very nice person to go this far to help others.
PFC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #162  
A couch and an HDTV to go please.
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1952 View Post
happen to me now with the Misubishi model # WD-52825. Nothing help: reset, unplug power, ... Anyone have the instruction or service manual that i can have? Please forward anything that you have to fix the Green blinking light problem.
Thanks
Successful story with Misubishi WD-52825:
After searching through this web sise and got several instructions from Paul. We got our TV set back and here is what we have done, hopefully may help someone to do the same with their unit:
Replaced all damaged caps on the power supply (3-3300uF 10V and 4 -1000 uF 16V). Didin't help , same problem: B.G.L.O.D.
Removed all boards including: I/O board, PMT and DM board and replaced all 10 - 1000 uF 10V caps. Put everything back, take about 1-2 Hrs and turn on. The TV works for the last two days.
HAPPY ENDING.
Thanks Paul and everyone from this side.
Tom
tom1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #163  
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1
Default Paul, You seem to be the man!!!

Paul, Thanks for all the info. I am going to send you an E-Mail requesting that PDF file. I am fortunate to have a friend at work who is a long time electronics guy, and also repairs TV's on the side. I'm hoping this does the trick.
EDGE0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #164  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1952 View Post
Successful story with Misubishi WD-52825:
After searching through this web sise and got several instructions from Paul. We got our TV set back and here is what we have done, hopefully may help someone to do the same with their unit:
Replaced all damaged caps on the power supply (3-3300uF 10V and 4 -1000 uF 16V). Didin't help , same problem: B.G.L.O.D.
Removed all boards including: I/O board, PMT and DM board and replaced all 10 - 1000 uF 10V caps. Put everything back, take about 1-2 Hrs and turn on. The TV works for the last two days.
HAPPY ENDING.
Thanks Paul and everyone from this side.
Tom
Tom, were the 3300uf caps you replaced much bigger in size than the originals? I have one blown cap on my power supply board and have ordered the replacements noted by Paul above. But they are much bigger than the size of the cap that is blown.
pyonir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #165  
A couch and an HDTV to go please.
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyonir View Post
Tom, were the 3300uf caps you replaced much bigger in size than the originals? I have one blown cap on my power supply board and have ordered the replacements noted by Paul above. But they are much bigger than the size of the cap that is blown.
I ordered these caps at DigiKey (part#P5523-ND @$0.56/each). The size is about the same and fit well.
Good luck
tom1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:32 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands