High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Projectors DLP Projectors, LCD Projectors & Screens Please Note : This forum is for projectors that use a screen and not rear projection HDTVs. There is a separate forum for RP HDTVs.

News Review for the Mirage Screen

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 03:21 PM   #1  
Gimme Dave in HD!!
Thread Starter
 
numbskully's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Illinois
Age: 53
Posts: 209
Default News Review for the Mirage Screen

Little pricey,$3000 for a 92" screen. http://www.screeninnovations.com/vi...irage_press.wmv
numbskully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:49 PM   #2  
Administrator
 
rbinck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 16,976
Default

Try this link: http://www.screeninnovations.com/vid...rage_press.wmv
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:57 PM   #3  
Gimme Dave in HD!!
Thread Starter
 
numbskully's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Illinois
Age: 53
Posts: 209
Default

Thanks rbinck for fixing that for me.
numbskully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:20 PM   #4  
Administrator
 
rbinck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 16,976
Default

Sure. That screen looks promising.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:51 PM   #5  
HT Frontiersman
 
borromini's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northern California
Posts: 10,309
Default

I'm there as soon as the price drops a bit...
borromini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:52 AM   #6  
Crabtree's Bludgeon
 
maicaw's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,001
Default the 60% thing

All the reviews say that the non-reflective filter covers 60% of the screen - what about the other 40% does it lose contrast - also if the screen reflects mostly light from the projector - what is the viewing angle vertical and horizontal -does the projector have to be at eye level and the screen vertical to the projector beam?- Some sort of grayish corner-prizm material ( the reflective strips on vehicles and clothing) would do about the the same thing but you would have to sit in front of or behind the projector to see the brightest picture-

That Claro "Holgraphic" glass screen shown displayed at Harrods
http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/review.php?reviewId=594
looks like it could be placed over a picture so it would 'disappear' is anything like that available at a more reasonable price?
maicaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands