High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

High Definition Receivers, Recorders, Players, Tivos Discuss High Definition Receivers, Recorders, Players, Tivos, etc. Post reviews ask questions, etc.

Best receiver for $200

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #1  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 36
Posts: 680
Default Best receiver for $200

I had an Onkyo 313 and really liked it (had all the features I needed/wanted) however, I had to return it because it started shutting my tv off randomly, after a lot of troubleshooting and research I just couldn't remedy this issue.

so i'm going to step out of my "Onkyo barrier" and try a new brand.

any suggestions

i'm thinking this one

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-STRDH720-...=sony+receiver

Last edited by Violent31601; 08-27-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Violent31601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #2  
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn..It's not a Place, it's an Attitude, & LI,NY
Posts: 23,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent31601 View Post
I had an Onkyo 313 and really liked it (had all the features I needed/wanted) however, I had to return it because it started shutting my tv off randomly, after a lot of troubleshooting and research I just couldn't remedy this issue.

so i'm going to step out of my "Onkyo barrier" and try a new brand.

any suggestions

i'm thinking this one

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-STRDH720-...=sony+receiver
Sony Audio products leave a lot to be desired look at another Onkyo or a Denon.
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #3  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 36
Posts: 680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
Sony Audio products leave a lot to be desired look at another Onkyo or a Denon.
Because the quality is bad or the features? Do they have a high failure rate like their game systems?
Violent31601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #4  
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn..It's not a Place, it's an Attitude, & LI,NY
Posts: 23,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent31601 View Post
Because the quality is bad or the features? Do they have a high failure rate like their game systems?
Quality mostly even their High-end lines are poor quality, when compared to comparable units.
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #5  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 36
Posts: 680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
Quality mostly even their High-end lines are poor quality, when compared to comparable units.
I usually stick to Onkyo, in fact i've had an Onkyo 606 paired with a Toshiba HDTV for years and have had no problems and love it.

However my parents have a Toshiba set as well and asked me for recommendations so of course I say an Onkyo receiver, cause nothing but issues, and from what i've read a few other places so have other people with the Onkyo/Toshiba combo.

the other receiver I was maybe looking at was this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Violent31601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #6  
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn..It's not a Place, it's an Attitude, & LI,NY
Posts: 23,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent31601 View Post
I usually stick to Onkyo, in fact i've had an Onkyo 606 paired with a Toshiba HDTV for years and have had no problems and love it.

However my parents have a Toshiba set as well and asked me for recommendations so of course I say an Onkyo receiver, cause nothing but issues, and from what i've read a few other places so have other people with the Onkyo/Toshiba combo.

the other receiver I was maybe looking at was this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
It's better than a Sony
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #7  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 42
Default

I second the Onkyo recommendation...check out the TX-NR414 for a great budget receiver (but it's a bit higher than $200 unless you get a deal or go for an older model).
HDfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #8  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 36
Posts: 680
Default

went with the Yamaha...The Onkyo really let me down with the issue I had.

So far so great with the Yamaha, and it had a few more features then the Onkyo did.

also just want to throw in, I have had an Onkyo for 4-5 years and it has been great.

did I buy a lemon? probably, but other people had the same issue with the combo so I didn't want to chance it.
Violent31601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


to Best receiver for $200
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are Bose Speakers worth the money??? teddysjam Speakers & Surround Sound 98 09-09-2012 09:58 AM
ps3 vs. toshiba hd-dvd players out already siccivic420 HD DVD Players and Discs 76 08-18-2009 01:01 AM
Just got the Toshiba xa1 hd player Mrjb HD DVD Players and Discs 40 05-25-2006 07:12 PM
Just bought: Sonys new 34" Widescreen XBR® HDTV HEET SEEKER R1 Direct-View (tube) TVs 20 01-19-2005 11:30 PM
US Digital DB-2010 HDTV tuner, for under $200 anm8rjp High Definition Receivers, Recorders, Players, Tivos 25 01-17-2005 02:42 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands