High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

High Definition News & Informative Articles Get the Latest High Definition News & Informative Articles Here! Please post newsworthy information here only! This forum is NOT for your first post. Thank you!

3D vs 2D; The chicken or the egg?

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #61  
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 47,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4HD View Post
You are saying thet Netflix has NO 3D movies for rent?
AFAIK, NF does not rent any of the new 3D BDs. Just some of the old anaglyph 3D BDs and DVDs.
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #62  
UNOTIS
 
unotis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: FLORIDA
Age: 64
Posts: 4,139
Default

I think they will with the increasing market for them, I would be surprised if they didn't start offering them for rental this year.
unotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #63  
Every day is Friday
 
oblioman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hooooterville
Posts: 9,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
LOL - you have a 3DTV to make that kind of a judgement? Or are you just being a specs whore?

I can tell you first hand that your judgement is wrong. 3D on cable - live sports, can look very good.

But you go right ahead with your agenda - we all know what it is.
Permit me to fix or rephrase - Unless you want to watch a severly crippled picture it simply is not possible via streaming. Netflix has gained a foothold in 16 million households. One can look at the bottle half full - if one is willing to pay the kable co's a premium to watch 3DTv - yes it is possible via kable, and for those that care for 3D..enjoyable. Now for those cheap arses (such as meself),,,we get our TV fix via OTA,,and Netflix (best bargain in town,IMO). Permit me to state again - 3d streaming is not yet possible for the masses that rely on Netflix.
oblioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #64  
Super Moderator
 
bruceames's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Novato, CA
Posts: 17,126
Default

Nice to see some 3D fans hatching. Reminds me of the old days.
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #65  
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Nice to see some 3D fans hatching. Reminds me of the old days.
What cracks me up is that there are those that are very opposed to 3D, to the point of looking to squash the very mention of the word.
It isn't like 3D is a threat to HD but obviuosly it is to some...
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:16 AM   #66  
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblioman View Post
Permit me to fix or rephrase - Unless you want to watch a severly crippled picture it simply is not possible via streaming. Netflix has gained a foothold in 16 million households. One can look at the bottle half full - if one is willing to pay the kable co's a premium to watch 3DTv - yes it is possible via kable, and for those that care for 3D..enjoyable. Now for those cheap arses (such as meself),,,we get our TV fix via OTA,,and Netflix (best bargain in town,IMO). Permit me to state again - 3d streaming is not yet possible for the masses that rely on Netflix.
Methinks that is the studios want 3D to work and become viable.

No, it not YET viable for streaming that we know of but... the future is vast and immensly full with possibilites!
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #67  
UNOTIS
 
unotis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: FLORIDA
Age: 64
Posts: 4,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4HD View Post
Methinks that is the studios want 3D to work and become viable.

No, it not YET viable for streaming that we know of but... the future is vast and immensly full with possibilites!
I think I understand oblioman's point of view, it is just not one that concerns me too much.

Streaming 3D is not that important to me just yet, being able to rent or purchase more titles is much more important to me right now, streaming is something that will be nice in the future as technology improves.
unotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #68  
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unotis View Post
I think I understand oblioman's point of view, it is just not one that concerns me too much.

Streaming 3D is not that important to me just yet, being able to rent or purchase more titles is much more important to me right now, streaming is something that will be nice in the future as technology improves.
It isn't a concern to me either because I don't do VOD. The quality flaws really bother me. I prefer the plastic discs
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #69  
Every day is Friday
 
oblioman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hooooterville
Posts: 9,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unotis View Post
I think I understand oblioman's point of view, it is just not one that concerns me too much.

Streaming 3D is not that important to me just yet, being able to rent or purchase more titles is much more important to me right now, streaming is something that will be nice in the future as technology improves.
yup,,maybe not pointing me rant in the right direction. For those that want and enjoy 3D, by all means go for it. Me lass wants to get it for the grandkids and we'll probably pick up a 3D set. But what she does not realize is the limitations of 3D as it is - very limited. Since 99% of our viewing is OTA and streaming Netflix,,,what she does not realize is that her 3D viewing will be strictly bd. Lee thinks of me stubborness to get 3D as an agenda to kill it. that be far from the truth. Me agenda towards 3D is the same as me boat. Gets used about twice a summer, fun for the afternoon, but sooner or later ya want your land legs back (in this case - eyes). Yup,,we'll have the 3D,,,will it get used much,,,nope.
oblioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #70  
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblioman View Post
yup,,maybe not pointing me rant in the right direction. For those that want and enjoy 3D, by all means go for it. Me lass wants to get it for the grandkids and we'll probably pick up a 3D set. But what she does not realize is the limitations of 3D as it is - very limited. Since 99% of our viewing is OTA and streaming Netflix,,,what she does not realize is that her 3D viewing will be strictly bd. Lee thinks of me stubborness to get 3D as an agenda to kill it. that be far from the truth. Me agenda towards 3D is the same as me boat. Gets used about twice a summer, fun for the afternoon, but sooner or later ya want your land legs back (in this case - eyes). Yup,,we'll have the 3D,,,will it get used much,,,nope.
There seems to be more and more new movies coming out in 3D.. wil lit last? I dunno... but hopefully we can don our glasses more thean once or twice each summer
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #71  
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 47,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4HD View Post
Methinks that is the studios want 3D to work and become viable.

No, it not YET viable for streaming that we know of but... the future is vast and immensly full with possibilites!
SEE POST #11

http://www.highdefforum.com/3d-movie...ml#post1145536
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #72  
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 47,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4HD View Post
There seems to be more and more new movies coming out in 3D.. wil lit last? I dunno... but hopefully we can don our glasses more thean once or twice each summer
Theaterical 3D movies are scheduled out to 2014. Since 2005, the rebirth of 3D, they have released more 3D movies each year then the previous year.
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #73  
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
So much for that debate
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #74  
Every day is Friday
 
oblioman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hooooterville
Posts: 9,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Theaterical 3D movies are scheduled out to 2014. Since 2005, the rebirth of 3D, they have released more 3D movies each year then the previous year.
So,,in 5 years,,,,,20 3D movies released??? Can that be correct?

http://www.satellitesoftcom.com/3d-m...+available+now
oblioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #75  
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 47,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblioman View Post
So,,in 5 years,,,,,20 3D movies released??? Can that be correct?

http://www.satellitesoftcom.com/3d-m...+available+now
That is a partial list of 3D BD movies. The format was launched in 2010.

Here is an updated list of 3D BDs released, soon to be released and CEM exclusives:

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/3d-g...-schedule.html

I was talking about 3D movies released in theaters:

http://www.3dmovielist.com/list.html
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:46 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands