High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

High Definition Media A place to discuss BD and UHD Content from physical and digital media

Overly Addicted to BD!

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #1  
Official HDF BD Reviewer
Thread Starter
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mississippi, U.S.A. Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert
Posts: 9,657
Default Overly Addicted to BD!

Well, I was just looking at my list and I figured I'd pull a Darren and post it.

2010: The Year We Make Contact
21
3:10 to Yuma
50 First Dates
(UK) Air Force One
American History X
The Arrival
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Band of Brothers
The Bank Job
Black Hawk Down
Bolt
The Bucket List
A Bug's Life
Bullitt
Cars
Cast Away
Chicken Little
The Counterfeiters
The Cowboys
Crank
Dan in Real Life
Dark City
The Dark Knight
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics
(UK) Downfall
The Fifth Element (Remastered)
Flags of Our Fathers
Flyboys
Gattaca
Get Smart
Ghostbusters
Gods and Generals
The Great Raid
Groundhog Day
Hellboy
Hitman
Hoosiers
The Hunt for Red October
I, Robot
Independence Day
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Iron Man
Kill Bill: Vol. 1
Kill Bill: Vol. 2
Kingdom of Heaven
Kung Fu Panda
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Lives of Others
The Longest Day
Lord of War
Lucky Number Slevin Other
Man on Fire
Marley & Me
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Men in Black
Million Dollar Baby
No Country for Old Men
The Other Boleyn Girl
The Patriot
Pinocchio
The Prestige
The Princess Bride
The Punisher
Ratatouille
Ray Harryhausen Collection (7th Voyage of Sinbad, 20 Million Miles to Earth, Earth vs. The Flying Saucers, and It Came From Beneath the Sea)
Rescue Dawn
Reservoir Dogs
Resident Evil Trilogy (Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, and Resident Evil: Extinction)
Rising Sun
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves: Extended Version
The Rock
The Rookie
The Sand Pebbles
The Searchers
Shoot 'Em Up
Shooter
Sleeping Beauty
Starship Troopers
Street Kings
Sunshine
The Terminator
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
There Will Be Blood
Underworld
Underworld: Evolution
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
Valkyrie
WALL-E
Yes Man
(UK) Zulu

Last edited by HD Goofnut; 06-10-2009 at 11:10 PM..
HD Goofnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #2  
ISF Calibrator
 
dsskid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,047
Default

Nice collection you have there. I'm a bit jealous.

Lately all my funds have been going towards my older daughter's college tuition ($25,000/year), my younger daughter's Sweet 16 party, and the startup of my part time home theatre installation business. (The calibration equipment is pricey.)
dsskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #3  
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post
Nice collection you have there. I'm a bit jealous.

Lately all my funds have been going towards my older daughter's college tuition ($25,000/year), my younger daughter's Sweet 16 party, and the startup of my part time home theatre installation business. (The calibration equipment is pricey.)
I just started a biz doing that too. What calibration equipment are you buying? I was steered away from buying video calibration because they don't really do well for LCD and Plasma vs a good calibration disc.

So far, most of my work has involved hanging TVs and installing surround sound systems.
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #4  
ISF Calibrator
 
dsskid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4HD View Post
I just started a biz doing that too. What calibration equipment are you buying? I was steered away from buying video calibration because they don't really do well for LCD and Plasma vs a good calibration disc.

So far, most of my work has involved hanging TVs and installing surround sound systems.
Sent you a PM.

HD, sorry if I sort of hijacked your thread.
dsskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #5  
Official HDF BD Reviewer
Thread Starter
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mississippi, U.S.A. Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert
Posts: 9,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post
Sent you a PM.

HD, sorry if I sort of hijacked your thread.
It's cool ds. I made the thread out of boredom anyway.
HD Goofnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #6  
High Def fan
 
sigill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United kingdom-Manchester
Age: 40
Posts: 2,975
Default

Sweet collection Goofnut! Have you got Ghostbusters yet or is it on preorder? I want to get it but have heard some bad reviews about the PQ.
sigill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #7  
Official HDF BD Reviewer
Thread Starter
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mississippi, U.S.A. Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert
Posts: 9,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigill View Post
Sweet collection Goofnut! Have you got Ghostbusters yet or is it on preorder? I want to get it but have heard some bad reviews about the PQ.
I haven't got it yet, but I will probably get it around this time next week. I'll write a review on it as soon as I watch it and it's easily my favorite Bill Murray movie.
HD Goofnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:59 AM   #8  
Hi-Def Junkie
 
iDarren's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,360
Default

I've finally found you, my long lost son!!

Nice collection
iDarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:57 AM   #9  
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Here's my little BD collection... ouch..

Across_the_Universe
Apocalypto
Appaloosa
Band_Of_Brothers
Bangkok_Dangerous
Body_Of_Lies
Bridge_to_Terabithia
Broken_Arrow
Cadillac_Records
Cars
Casino_Royale
Changeling
The_Chronicles_Of_Narnia:_Prince_Caspian
Close_Encounters_Of_The_Third_Kind
Commando
Crank
The_Curious_Case_Of_Benjamin_Button
The_Dark_Knight
David_Gilmour:_Remember_That_Night_-_Live_At_The_Royal_Albert_Hall_[blu-Ray]
The_Day_The_Earth_Stood_Still
Defiance
Déjà_Vu
The_Departed
The_Descent
Die_Hard
Eagle_Eye
Eragon
Event_Horizon
Fantastic_Four_-_Rise_of_the_Silver_Surfer
The_Fifth_Element
Flyboys
From_Dusk_Til_Dawn
Ghost_Rider
Gran_Torino
The_Guardian
Halloween
Halloween (Rob Zombie)
Hancock
The_Happening
Hellboy_II:_The_Golden_Army
Hitman
Ice_Age_2:_The_Meltdown
The_Incredible_Hulk
The_Invisible
Journey_To_The_Center_Of_The_Earth
Kingdom_Of_Heaven
A_Knight's_Tale
Masters_Of_Horror:_Season_1
Masters_Of_Horror:_Season_2
Masters_Of_Horror:_Season_3
Masters_Of_Horror:_Season_4
Meet_The_Robinsons
The_Midnight_Meat_Train
Mirrors
Monster_House
National_Treasure:_Book_Of_Secrets
Night_at_the_Museum
Open_Season
Phone_Booth
Pinapple_Express
Pirates_of_the_Caribbean:_At_World's_End
Predator
Premonition
Quantum_Of_Solace
Rambo
Ratatouille
Rush:_Snakes_And_Arrows_Live
The_Simpsons_Movie
Sin_City
Slumdog_Millionaire
Spider-Man_3:_The_Motion_Picture_Trilogy
Stargate
Starship_Troopers
Stranger_Than_Fiction
The_Strangers
Taken
Talladega_Nights:_The_Ballad_of_Ricky_Bobby
Tears_Of_The_Sun
The_Third_Man
Tropic_Thunder
True_Blood:_Season_1
The_Tudors:_Complete_Seasons_1_And_2_[blu-Ray]_[2007]
The_Wackness_[blu-Ray]
Wall-E
Wanted
Weeds:_Season_Two
Weeds:_Season_Three
The_Wrestler
X-Files_2-Pack:_The_X-Files:_Fight_The_Future_/_The_X-Files:_I_Want_To_Believe
X-Men:_The_Last_Stand
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #10  
Official HDF BD Reviewer
Thread Starter
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mississippi, U.S.A. Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert
Posts: 9,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDarren View Post
I've finally found you, my long lost son!!

Nice collection
Now that was funny and thanks Darren.
HD Goofnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:54 AM   #11  
ISF Calibrator
 
dsskid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4HD View Post
Here's my little BD collection... ouch..

Across_the_Universe
Apocalypto
Appaloosa
Band_Of_Brothers
Bangkok_Dangerous
Body_Of_Lies
Bridge_to_Terabithia
Broken_Arrow
Cadillac_Records
Cars
Casino_Royale
Changeling
The_Chronicles_Of_Narnia:_Prince_Caspian
Close_Encounters_Of_The_Third_Kind
Commando
Crank
The_Curious_Case_Of_Benjamin_Button
The_Dark_Knight
David_Gilmour:_Remember_That_Night_-_Live_At_The_Royal_Albert_Hall_[blu-Ray]
The_Day_The_Earth_Stood_Still
Defiance
Déjà_Vu
The_Departed
The_Descent
Die_Hard
Eagle_Eye
Eragon
Event_Horizon
Fantastic_Four_-_Rise_of_the_Silver_Surfer
The_Fifth_Element
Flyboys
From_Dusk_Til_Dawn
Ghost_Rider
Gran_Torino
The_Guardian
Halloween
Halloween (Rob Zombie)
Hancock
The_Happening
Hellboy_II:_The_Golden_Army
Hitman
Ice_Age_2:_The_Meltdown
The_Incredible_Hulk
The_Invisible
Journey_To_The_Center_Of_The_Earth
Kingdom_Of_Heaven
A_Knight's_Tale
Masters_Of_Horror:_Season_1
Masters_Of_Horror:_Season_2
Masters_Of_Horror:_Season_3
Masters_Of_Horror:_Season_4
Meet_The_Robinsons
The_Midnight_Meat_Train
Mirrors
Monster_House
National_Treasure:_Book_Of_Secrets
Night_at_the_Museum
Open_Season
Phone_Booth
Pinapple_Express
Pirates_of_the_Caribbean:_At_World's_End
Predator
Premonition
Quantum_Of_Solace
Rambo
Ratatouille
Rush:_Snakes_And_Arrows_Live
The_Simpsons_Movie
Sin_City
Slumdog_Millionaire
Spider-Man_3:_The_Motion_Picture_Trilogy
Stargate
Starship_Troopers
Stranger_Than_Fiction
The_Strangers
Taken
Talladega_Nights:_The_Ballad_of_Ricky_Bobby
Tears_Of_The_Sun
The_Third_Man
Tropic_Thunder
True_Blood:_Season_1
The_Tudors:_Complete_Seasons_1_And_2_[blu-Ray]_[2007]
The_Wackness_[blu-Ray]
Wall-E
Wanted
Weeds:_Season_Two
Weeds:_Season_Three
The_Wrestler
X-Files_2-Pack:_The_X-Files:_Fight_The_Future_/_The_X-Files:_I_Want_To_Believe
X-Men:_The_Last_Stand
Pretty impressive also, Stew.
dsskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #12  
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post
Pretty impressive also, Stew.
thanks!
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #13  
one love
 
anythingwt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 4,417
Default

Nice collection.. your list reminds me of a couple movies that I need to add to my collection. I've been slacking on buying movies lately.. all this recession talk makes me feel like I should be saving money for some reason lol.
anythingwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:58 AM   #14  
Hi-Def Junkie
 
iDarren's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,360
Default

Nice collection Stew, you've got a few titles in there I want to get - Gran Torino and The Wrestler particularly.
iDarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #15  
Official HDF BD Reviewer
Thread Starter
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mississippi, U.S.A. Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert
Posts: 9,657
Default

2010: The Year We Make Contact
21
3:10 to Yuma
50 First Dates
(UK) Air Force One
American History X
The Arrival
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Band of Brothers
The Bank Job
Black Hawk Down
Bolt
The Bucket List
A Bug's Life
Bullitt
Cars
Cast Away
Chicken Little
The Counterfeiters
The Cowboys
Crank
Dan in Real Life
Dark City
The Dark Knight
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics
(UK) Downfall
The Fifth Element (Remastered)
Flags of Our Fathers
Flyboys
Gattaca
Get Smart
Ghostbusters
Glory
Gods and Generals
The Great Raid
Groundhog Day
Hellboy
Hitman
Hoosiers
The Hunt for Red October
I, Robot
Independence Day
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Iron Man
Kill Bill: Vol. 1
Kill Bill: Vol. 2
Kingdom of Heaven
Kung Fu Panda
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Lives of Others
The Longest Day
Lord of War
Lucky Number Slevin Other
Man on Fire
Marley & Me
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Men in Black
Million Dollar Baby
No Country for Old Men
The Other Boleyn Girl
The Patriot
Pinocchio
The Prestige
The Princess Bride
The Punisher
Ratatouille
Ray Harryhausen Collection (7th Voyage of Sinbad, 20 Million Miles to Earth, Earth vs. The Flying Saucers, and It Came From Beneath the Sea)
Rescue Dawn
Reservoir Dogs
Resident Evil Trilogy (Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, and Resident Evil: Extinction)
Rising Sun
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves: Extended Version
The Rock
The Rookie
The Sand Pebbles
The Searchers
Shoot 'Em Up
Shooter
Sleeping Beauty
Starship Troopers
Street Kings
Sunshine
The Terminator
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
There Will Be Blood
Underworld
Underworld: Evolution
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
Valkyrie
WALL-E
Yes Man
(UK) Zulu

Glory added.
HD Goofnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


to Overly Addicted to BD!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I have been told lines like Infinity, Klipsch, Paradigm and Boston are overly bright HV77 Speakers & Surround Sound 5 01-13-2008 10:34 PM
Addicted To AC3 joekewl1971 The High Definition Lounge 1 01-06-2008 01:32 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands