High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

High Definition Media A place to discuss BD and UHD Content from physical and digital media

Caddyshack HD DVD- very impressive

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #1  
1080P ask for it by name
Thread Starter
 
IlovemesomeHD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the sticks where OTA HD is impossible
Age: 43
Posts: 569
Default Caddyshack HD DVD- very impressive

I got this disc in the mail yesterday from amazon and I must say WB did a fine job with the video
IlovemesomeHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #2  
1080 Optical Supporter
 
Type A's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Panama City, Fl
Age: 48
Posts: 2,723
Default

We're sorry, this section is for blu ray only...please move along
Type A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #3  
The Legend Lives
 
hdtvjunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever I come to
Age: 50
Posts: 14,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type A View Post
We're sorry, this section is for blu ray only...please move along
Read again what this forum is for. It says to discuss Blu-ray, Hd-dvd and D-VHS.
hdtvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #4  
The Legend Lives
 
hdtvjunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever I come to
Age: 50
Posts: 14,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemesomeHD View Post
I got this disc in the mail yesterday from amazon and I must say WB did a fine job with the video
Great, I thought about picking that one up for myself. Caddyshack is one of my favorite comedies. They don't make comedies like that anymore. IMO this is one of Chevy Chase's funniest movies except for the Vacation series.
hdtvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #5  
1080 Optical Supporter
 
Type A's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Panama City, Fl
Age: 48
Posts: 2,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvjunkie
Read again what this forum is for. It says to discuss Blu-ray, Hd-dvd and D-VHS.
Wow, it was a joke. If you want to talk about 'reading', this thread should be in the "hddvd movie review" section
Type A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #6  
The Legend Lives
 
hdtvjunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever I come to
Age: 50
Posts: 14,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type A View Post
Wow, it was a joke. If you want to talk about 'reading', this thread should be in the "hddvd movie review" section
LOL. I was wondering if you caught that.
hdtvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #7  
Connoisseur of Fine Games
 
MikeRox's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Posts: 15,756
Default

I've seen this on XBL Marketplace to download, I've never seen Caddyshack, and you can't get it in high def over here, so I'm tempted to spent what... 2.00 downloading the "rental" and if I like it nab the full thing on import.
MikeRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #8  
The Legend Lives
 
hdtvjunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever I come to
Age: 50
Posts: 14,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRox View Post
I've seen this on XBL Marketplace to download, I've never seen Caddyshack, and you can't get it in high def over here, so I'm tempted to spent what... 2.00 downloading the "rental" and if I like it nab the full thing on import.
Its a classic comedy. Its pretty funny (even funnier if drinking).
hdtvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #9  
Boob Whisperer....
 
mytime's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, Missouri
Posts: 11,057
Default

Love that movie. Classic.
mytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #10  
The Legend Lives
 
hdtvjunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever I come to
Age: 50
Posts: 14,473
Default

I know this is off topic but Type A is that truck in your Avatar yours?????
hdtvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #11  
1080 Optical Supporter
 
Type A's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Panama City, Fl
Age: 48
Posts: 2,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvjunkie
I know this is off topic but Type A is that truck in your Avatar yours?????
Yes, I also have an extensive restoration ($10k in the last year) photo gallery here on HDF. Originally I was just going to submit the pics of the extensive work I was doing the end of last year, but even new pics of new air conditioning and such are averaging 300+ hits a week, so theres interest and I continue to submit subsequent pics as I go. A narrative of the vehicle history can be found on the very first pic submitted back in November. Link to this gallery can be found in my signature.
Type A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #12  
The Legend Lives
 
hdtvjunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever I come to
Age: 50
Posts: 14,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type A View Post
Yes, I also have an extensive restoration ($10k in the last year) photo gallery here on HDF. Originally I was just going to submit the pics of the extensive work I was doing the end of last year, but even new pics of new air conditioning and such are averaging 300+ hits a week, so theres interest and I continue to submit subsequent pics as I go. A narrative of the vehicle history can be found on the very first pic submitted back in November. Link to this gallery can be found in my signature.
Cool, I'm gonna check it out now. That is a sweet ride.
hdtvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #13  
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 25
Default

Caddyshack is one of my favorite movies. I agree that the HD DVD looks great.
ToshManZada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #14  
HD Rules
 
brenner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, USA
Age: 68
Posts: 2,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshManZada View Post
Caddyshack is one of my favorite movies. I agree that the HD DVD looks great.
Caddyshack is definitely one of the funniest movies ever. Rodney Dangerfield at his best.
I own it on HD DVD, but haven't watched it yet. Need to soon.
brenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #15  
Founder of the Alt Right
 
kamspy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 22,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type A View Post
Yes, I also have an extensive restoration ($10k in the last year) photo gallery here on HDF. Originally I was just going to submit the pics of the extensive work I was doing the end of last year, but even new pics of new air conditioning and such are averaging 300+ hits a week, so theres interest and I continue to submit subsequent pics as I go. A narrative of the vehicle history can be found on the very first pic submitted back in November. Link to this gallery can be found in my signature.
Where are the interior pics!

The truck looks great.
kamspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


to Caddyshack HD DVD- very impressive
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on HD DVD vs. Blu-ray numbskully Blu-Ray and Ultra HD Blu-Ray Players 11 09-10-2009 11:11 AM
HD DVD Is Still Standing, The Format War Not Over Yet Says HD DVD Promo Group. neal77 High Definition Media 55 02-29-2008 03:57 AM
HD DVD's CES Press Release Lee Stewart High Definition Media 24 01-08-2008 01:03 AM
HDD's Best and Worst of 2007 (HD DVD/BD) KEEBS1984 High Definition Media 17 12-30-2007 01:23 AM
Article -- Sound Advice: HD DVD leaves Blu-ray in the dust MidnightWatche HD DVD Players and Discs 18 11-14-2007 04:56 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:55 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands