High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

High Definition Media A place to discuss BD and UHD Content from physical and digital media

Warning !! Blu-ray - The New Betamax?

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #91  
Ever Eddy
 
edders's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,455
Default Naw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Well - one picture is definitely worth 1000 words:

Should have tape over the mouth!
edders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #92  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super XP View Post
Why do you reject the Fact that Warner already stated they will not exclusively support a format if a game console fully relies on it?
I keep hearing this nonsense tossed about like it's the truth, but so far nobody has given a link to this statement to back it up. Anyone have one, or is it from the official Microshaft/Toshiba game book?
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:50 PM   #93  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvine2000 View Post
what hype would that be
Anything that comes out of Toshiba's mouth.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #94  
Former Super Moderator - RIP
 
PFC5's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mass
Posts: 38,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
Only a check in front of Warner could cause leaning toward HD DVD.

Chris
Here comes the beginning of the BD fans/fanatics way of explaining why Warner went HD DVD exclusive and took a BD studio with them if that happens.

The truth IS that no studio will make ANY move without money being put in their pocket. Why would they say, "Nah, you keep your millions of dollars, I just like the format", when they have a chance to choose a format AND get money to boot? The obvious, simply, & realistic answer is they wouldn't say that, and neither would any of us.
PFC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #95  
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
WARNING EVERYONE: Keep posting in this retarded fucking thread and I will make 500 WARNING threads about why people shouldn't buy HD DVD.
Sounds like something you'd do.. but I bet you'd get bored/banned before you reach 500. Why are you posting in it anyway?
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:59 PM   #96  
Former Super Moderator - RIP
 
PFC5's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mass
Posts: 38,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
WARNING EVERYONE: Keep posting in this retarded fucking thread and I will make 500 WARNING threads about why people shouldn't buy HD DVD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4HD View Post
Sounds like something you'd do.. but I bet you'd get bored/banned before you reach 500. Why are you posting in it anyway?
I do think that would be a horrible thing to do for this sight and as much as I like GLOW, I would not appreciate this type of blackmail nor this attempt to harm the site.

Sorry GLOW but where were you making this same claim on the impostor's new thread with that stupid poll? Why are you NOT up in arms about the impostor's attempts to confuse new people coming here with his charade?
PFC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:15 PM   #97  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
GLOW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC5 View Post
I do think that would be a horrible thing to do for this sight and as much as I like GLOW, I would not appreciate this type of blackmail nor this attempt to harm the site.

Sorry GLOW but where were you making this same claim on the impostor's new thread with that stupid poll? Why are you NOT up in arms about the impostor's attempts to confuse new people coming here with his charade?
Because that's the first time he's done that. Super XP CONSTANTLY posts threads with unnecessarily inflammatory titles and it pisses me off to no end.
GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:19 PM   #98  
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
Because that's the first time he's done that. Super XP CONSTANTLY posts threads with unnecessarily inflammatory titles and it pisses me off to no end.
Does it ever occur to you that he does because you do or vice versa? Why do you let it bother you? You seem so convinced of BD win that nothing an HD DVD fan says should ruffle your feathers. If I was that convinced, I would just laugh.
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #99  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
GLOW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4HD View Post
Does it ever occur to you that he does because you do or vice versa? Why do you let it bother you? You seem so convinced of BD win that nothing an HD DVD fan says should ruffle your feathers. If I was that convinced, I would just laugh.
Because he's convincing people to buy slow clunky HD DVD players that they'll end up regretting buying. I'm trying to save these poor souls some money by telling them not to buy HD DVD and to buy Blu-ray.


/thread

........seriously. THE END.
GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #100  
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
Because he's convincing people to buy slow clunky HD DVD players that they'll end up regretting buying. I'm trying to save these poor souls some money by telling them not to buy HD DVD and to buy Blu-ray.


/thread

........seriously. THE END.
Sure, buy a Blu ray. I agree with Super and agree 100%. I ALSO tell everyone to buy HD DVD and steer clear of the bloated Sony debacle that is BD. Their wallets and eyes are pleased with their purcahses too!
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #101  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
GLOW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4HD View Post
I ALSO tell everyone to buy HD DVD and steer clear of the bloated Sony debacle that is BD.
Ha! Didn't Farout77 buy a PS3 after you and him linked up? Good job steering him away from Blu-ray!
GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:57 PM   #102  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Somerset, UK
Posts: 1,395
Default

The stand alone players in BOTH camps are a bit slow but the PS3 and Xbox360 players boot up quite quickly. It's grossly misleading to suggest that slowness is restricted to the HD DVD stand alone players Glow. Furthermore the 3rd generation player I have is not remotely clunky and has played every title I have thrown at it perfectly.
cbcdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #103  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
Chris Gerhard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC5 View Post
You really are a broken record Chris and you ignore comments made publicly by Warner themselves that they DO NOT want to rely on a game console for their multi-BILLION dollar home video business. Why do you continually happen to forget these types of statements that are the direct opposite of what you say as your argument? You just make yourself look silly at this point because you KNOW we are going to point this out.
Did you see Warner mention TotalHD discs? Have you ever actually seen Warner release one? Do you believe Warner is the only company in the history of existence that will make a statement of intentions in a given market and then never allow market factors to change that decision? Nobody has ever stated that Warner has to rely solely on a game console, I certainly haven't. Great standalone Blu-ray players are being manufactured and more are coming including some from the largest consumer electronics companies in the world. If Warner chooses HD DVD, no manufacturer of standalone HD DVD players has been seen other than Toshiba, a company with an horrific past of criminal and civil corporate wrongdoing that places that company in a class by itself in my opinion. Business decisions are made every day and current market factors are the basis of the decisions.

Chris
Chris Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #104  
Tom Baker (1974-1981)
Thread Starter
 
Super XP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto, ON. Canada
Posts: 5,988
Default

Glow, I really thought you would be the last person to post garbage about this thread. Why not take a look at all the Bogus Blu-Ray Fanboy threads all over this forum. Why not attack them?

I love the tilte of this thread, it makes valid sense
Super XP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #105  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Somerset, UK
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
If Warner chooses HD DVD, no manufacturer of standalone HD DVD players has been seen other than Toshiba, a company with an horrific past of criminal and civil corporate wrongdoing that places that company in a class by itself in my opinion. Business decisions are made every day and current market factors are the basis of the decisions.

Chris
Nio business is whiter than white but I think you will find Sony make Toshiba look like a fairy god mother by comparison.
cbcdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


to Warning !! Blu-ray - The New Betamax?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BLOG: Mark my words, Sony may well regret its victory in the video disc war Lee Stewart High Definition Media 18 03-06-2012 04:38 PM
Samsung's BD-P1400 Blu-ray player sinks below $300 dblake15 High Definition Media 114 12-10-2007 06:08 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:03 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands