High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

High Definition Media A place to discuss BD and UHD Content from physical and digital media

Like Tree255Likes

Optical (Blu-ray/DVD) and Digital (EST/UV) Sales Thread

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #3856  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
bruceames's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Novato, CA
Posts: 17,125
Default

A few noteworthy items:

1) although the change in YoY box office power is up 14.6%, Blu-ray revenue performance YoY delta is down 11.4%

2) Market share is only up 3.3% from last year, to 24.1%. Very small growth against DVD.
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #3857  
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 47,190
Default

Mill Creek Double Feature Listings

Quote:
Beginning next week, Mill Creek Entertainment will be releasing 12 double feature Blu-rays. The films range in variety from Father Hood to Mafia. The first wave of double feature Blu-rays hit shelves October 9th.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9633
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #3858  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
bruceames's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Novato, CA
Posts: 17,125
Default Blu-ray Top 20 week ending 9/30/12

Code:
Rank 	Index*	Title 
1	100	The Avengers 
2	2.87	Batman: The Dark Knight Returns  Part 1 
3	1.56	Snow White and the Huntsman 
4	1.31	Bond 50: Celebrating Five Decades of Bond 007 
5	1	Thor 
6	0.919	Captain America: The First Avenger 
7	0.917	Resident Evil: Damnation 
8	0.91	Iron Man 2 
9	0.88	American Horror Story: The Complete First Season 
10	0.85	The Cabin in the Woods 
11	0.82	The Hunger Games 
12	0.77	Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures 
13	0.71	The Incredible Hulk 
14	0.64	Titanic 
15	0.549	Iron Man 
16	0.546	Battleship 
17	0.37	The Lorax 
18	0.33	Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3: Viva La Fiesta! 
19	0.26	Katy Perry: Part of Me 
20	0.24	The Tall Man
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/top...k-ended-093012
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #3859  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
bruceames's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Novato, CA
Posts: 17,125
Default OD Top 20 sales week ending 9/30/12

Avengers 3D BD did a 23% share (32% of Blu-ray) and Avengers BD overall had a 72% share.

Code:
This Week's Rank 	Blu-ray Share for Title 	Index* 	Title 
1	72%	100	The Avengers 
2	71%	2.88	Batman: The Dark Knight Returns — Part 1 
3	45%	2.45	Snow White and the Huntsman 
4	36%	1.73	American Horror Story: The Complete First Season 
5	35%	1.65	The Hunger Games 
6	14%	1.63	Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3: Viva La Fiesta! 
7	44%	1.4	The Cabin in the Woods 
8	64%	1.12	Thor 
9	60%	1.1	Resident Evil: Damnation 
10	0	1.05	Barbie: The Princess & The Popstar 
11	91%	1.031	Bond 50: Celebrating Five Decades of Bond 007 
12	12%	1.025	The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 
13	65%	1.01	Captain America: The First Avenger 
14	66%	0.99	Iron Man 2 
15	0	0.98	Family Guy Vol. 10 
16	0	0.87	People Like Us 
17	32%	0.82	The Lorax 
18	49%	0.8	Battleship 
19	66%	0.77	The Incredible Hulk 
20	14%	0.75	The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fifth Season 
.
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/top...k-ended-093012
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #3860  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
bruceames's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Novato, CA
Posts: 17,125
Default

Bond 50 Blu-ray boxset only got a 1.31 index in the BD top 20. If 60k sets were sold (a reasonable estimate), then Avengers BD sold 4.5 million units. I'm guessing that next week will be between around $100 million.
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #3861  
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 47,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Avengers 3D BD did a 23% share (32% of Blu-ray) and Avengers BD overall had a 72% share.

Code:
This Week's Rank 	Blu-ray Share for Title 	Index* 	Title 
1	72%	100	The Avengers 
2	71%	2.88	Batman: The Dark Knight Returns  Part 1 
3	45%	2.45	Snow White and the Huntsman 
4	36%	1.73	American Horror Story: The Complete First Season 
5	35%	1.65	The Hunger Games 
6	14%	1.63	Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3: Viva La Fiesta! 
7	44%	1.4	The Cabin in the Woods 
8	64%	1.12	Thor 
9	60%	1.1	Resident Evil: Damnation 
10	0	1.05	Barbie: The Princess & The Popstar 
11	91%	1.031	Bond 50: Celebrating Five Decades of Bond 007 
12	12%	1.025	The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 
13	65%	1.01	Captain America: The First Avenger 
14	66%	0.99	Iron Man 2 
15	0	0.98	Family Guy Vol. 10 
16	0	0.87	People Like Us 
17	32%	0.82	The Lorax 
18	49%	0.8	Battleship 
19	66%	0.77	The Incredible Hulk 
20	14%	0.75	The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fifth Season 
.
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/top...k-ended-093012
23%? That was all? I expected way more than that with Target selling the 3D BD combo for $19.99 and probably forcing BB and Amazon to price match.
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #3862  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
bruceames's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Novato, CA
Posts: 17,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
23%? That was all? I expected way more than that with Target selling the 3D BD combo for $19.99 and probably forcing BB and Amazon to price match.
It was 32% of BD sales (23% of OD). Target's in store advertised price of the 3D was $24.99 (and although it was ringing up $19.99, most people were probably unaware of this) and unlike Amazon and Best Buy, it was not marked down to $20 at Walmart, which has perhaps 40% of BD sales. So 32% is pretty darn good, IMO.

Last edited by bruceames; 10-03-2012 at 07:33 PM..
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #3863  
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 47,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
It was 32% of BD sales (23% of OD). Target's in store advertised price of the 3D was $24.99 (and although it was ringing up $19.99, most people were probably unaware of this) and unlike Amazon and Best Buy, it was not marked down to $20 at Walmart, which has perhaps 40% of BD sales. So 32% is pretty darn good, IMO.
OK - I see you editied your original post. 32% sounds more like what I was expecting.
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #3864  
Keeping it F&B
 
TowerGrove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malanthius View Post
That's crazy to think about. But hey! Catalog is doing fine! That's it then. Catalog is over really. That was the last big release and it was pretty much a bust. No wonder Kosty skip town!
Kosty has done a lot in the past including providing great charts and weekly graphs but I can assure you that he has not skipped town.

Last edited by TowerGrove; 10-03-2012 at 09:46 PM..
TowerGrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #3865  
Keeping it F&B
 
TowerGrove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 825
Default

'Avengers' Debut a Marvel on DVD and BD Sales Charts
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/res...s-charts-28483

Quote:
All told, 72% of Avengers’ unit sales came in the Blu-ray Disc format, a record high for a new-release theatrical on disc in which both DVD and Blu-ray formats were equally available; 23% of total Avengers sales were of the pricier 3D Blu-ray combo pack.
TowerGrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #3866  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
GizmoDVD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGrove View Post
Kosty has done a lot in the past including providing great charts and weekly graphs but I can assure you that he has not skipped town.
He hasn't? It appears he has. 2 months and no posts. Unless you want to post some proof we will chalk this up to you making things up.
GizmoDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:08 AM   #3867  
Keeping it F&B
 
TowerGrove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
He hasn't? It appears he has. 2 months and no posts. Unless you want to post some proof we will chalk this up to you making things up.
Keep up the good fight Giz. Not sure what you mean by "proof" or what you are talking about??

Last edited by TowerGrove; 10-04-2012 at 05:18 AM..
TowerGrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 AM   #3868  
Keeping it F&B
 
TowerGrove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Mill Creek Double Feature Listings



http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9633
Im interested to see the quality of these releases.
TowerGrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #3869  
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 47,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGrove View Post
Im interested to see the quality of these releases.
They are using a 50GB BD for 2 movies - one has DTS-MA 5.1, the other is DTS-MA 2.0

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Deep-R...Blu-ray/52739/
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #3870  
Keeping it F&B
 
TowerGrove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
They are using a 50GB BD for 2 movies - one has DTS-MA 5.1, the other is DTS-MA 2.0

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Deep-R...Blu-ray/52739/
Lee do you think these are old copies of the films? I'm thinking they probably are from what I have read. They sound like bare bones releases.
TowerGrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:07 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands