High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > General Chit Chat > The High Definition Lounge
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

The High Definition Lounge Can't find a proper forum for your questions, comments, reviews, etc.? Post them here! RSS - The High Definition Lounge

Like Tree17Likes

Anybody deal with "East Coast TV's"?

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #886
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lazzzzy TVs' Van
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joela View Post
I am not sure what your point is. The thread is titled "anybody deal with East Coast TVs?" I found this thread (and forum) because I was googling East Coast TVs before purchasing. I joined the forum and posted because I had data to add to the thread. I have (I believe) fairly posted my experience with ECTV. Is my credibility being questioned? I am a real person, not a made-up identity.
Joela

ECTV reposted this list many times a couple of days ago. It was reported as spam and multiple copies were removed and they cried conspiracy. I took the time to compile the list with links, add join dates, post count, and whether a given reviewer's first post was this thread, links to their profile and their first post in this thread. As you stated.

The model you purchaced from this dealer was also covered on AVS forums. It suggests that over the phone they were trying to squeek away saying their PIO models (or all panels) were covered by the factory warranty presuming what -Kevin- reported was accurate.

The list I made is simply everyone who claimed to have purchaced something though these guys, with additional information. It's rather a fact that no long time member here has purchaced anything from them. I'm a new member myself.

If it helps this Pio pannel from this dealer actually represents the sort of savings I'd consider, and the fact that Macs will pickup the extended warranty is a major bonus. In fact I'll be sure to add this information.

ETA: The problem in this case is this dealer was caught claiming on their website that they were an "authorized online dealer" or "authorized internet dealer" on various models. This information was removed last week.

Last edited by IGExpandingPan; 07-21-2009 at 03:18 PM..
IGExpandingPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #887
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lazzzzy TVs' Van
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joela View Post
I have tried to remain objective, and share my experience. I am not a "fan boy" of ECTV; I have just attempted to provide some balance and perspective. My price - including extended warranty - was better than I could find anywhere else. Plus, if you look for Pioneer 500m monitors, you will see there are few left, and it is difficult to buy from ANY authorized source.
Yes, this is a case where you have to deal with the bottom fishers, and I even agree with the fact that given Macs would pick up the warranty, given Pio is getting out of the market, and given we are actually talking about 20%+ savings in this case, if it was in my budget I would do the same damned thing.

In fact, I would be a happy camper, Google the company, buy the damned thing and post about it in a thread critical of the organization making it clear they had the goods.

However, as indicated in my report, 20%+ is not the norm over one B&M store. For sets currently in production, priced under $1500, the savings isn't that stellar.
IGExpandingPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #888
"Pay Upon Delivery"
 
EastCoastTVS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Linden, NJ
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGExpandingPan View Post
No one is afraid. It was disruptive and abusive to post it so many times in an hour. I'll even repost with links so onlookers can see for themselves.

Join date-----------Post count
04-08-2009 30 Posts lobudgt First Post -all ITT-
04-15-2009 47 Posts Donzi First Post -all ITT-
04-19-2009 01 Posts tttb9 First Post -all ITT-
04-19-2009 06 Posts MBBISNOTME First post -all ITT-
04-20-2009 06 Posts wlog First Post -all ITT- noted "authorized online retailer" in first post. -all ITT-
04-20-2009 36 Posts Ely94 First post -all ITT-
04-23-2009 03 Posts Petsqueen First post -all IIT-
04-23-2009 09 Posts acesarewldFirst Post -all IIT- Facebook
05-01-2009 01 Posts Marg First post -all IIT
05-04-2009 05 Posts MonkeyMind First Post -4 ITT-
05-05-2009 04 Posts chisoxindc First Post -3 ITT-
05-17-2009 09 Posts dkf314 First Post -all ITT-
05-21-2009 08 Posts diamondmjs First Post -4 ITT-
05-26-2009 01 Posts mellymom2000 First Post -all ITT-
05-29-2009 03 Posts jowill1975 First Post -all ITT- "My Nightmare with EAST Coast TVs"
06-09-2009 07 Posts amarp84 First Post -all ITT-
06-16-2009 01 Posts DiezHC First Post -all ITT-
06-17-2009 14 Posts ICLED First Post -3 ITT-
06-21-2009 01 Posts Lyubo First Post -all ITT-
06-22-2009 01 Posts LOVEmyHDTV First Post -all ITT-
06-23-2009 02 Posts 88peas First post -all IIT- claims no credit card (don't you require one for authorization?)
06-23-2009 03 Posts KidHorn First Post -all ITT-
06-30-2009 05 Posts zSandman Fourth post -2 ITT - Local pickup SUV
07-07-2009 06 Posts TomAce699 First Post -3 ITT- Extra ~$60 to test TV
07-09-2009 05 Posts JC in BK First Post -3 ITT-
07-10-2009 06 Posts joela First Post -all ITT- Pioneer (unauthorized dealer) Macs picked up warranty. AVS Thread
07-16-2009 01 Posts kmpm First Post -all ITT

ITT = In this thread (20 of 27)
74.1% Of users who claim to have bout an ECTV have only posted in this thread.

ETA: Thus far ECTV is
Jimmie, Tony (sales manager), Mr. Isaac B. (President).

Favorite quote

why don't you post a link of my customers experiences after they received the tv.
I dare you
__________________
Customer Service at East Coast TVs

Last edited by EastCoastTVS; 07-21-2009 at 06:45 PM..
EastCoastTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #889
"Pay Upon Delivery"
 
EastCoastTVS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Linden, NJ
Posts: 208
Default

We actually get customers calling us stating that there is a psychotic person out there that hates us.

Read IGExpandingPan location

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SleazyCoastTV's Van
Posts: 216

This person never had a purchasing experience with us
just joined this forum and already has 216 posts mostly on this thread only preaching why one shouldn't buy from buy from EastCoastTVs
We tell our customers after you receive your TV get involved and post your experience on this thread
__________________
Customer Service at East Coast TVs

Last edited by EastCoastTVS; 07-21-2009 at 06:58 PM..
EastCoastTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #890
HD Football=Euphoria
 
sawzalot's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cape May,N J
Posts: 898
Default

Make it a double dare and I bet he will do it, your it !

I believe it's psychotic .

delusional beliefs, disorganized, hallucinations.

Last edited by sawzalot; 07-21-2009 at 06:57 PM..
sawzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #891
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lazzzzy TVs' Van
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastTVS View Post
why don't you post a link of my customers experiences after they received the tv.
I dare you
Because I don't advocate the use of Quaaludes?

But seriously if you'll actually look there is a link to the user's profile and their first message in this thread. Anyone who wants to can click on the user name and few all their posts if they desire. I also linked to the first post so the conversation can be seen in context.

You seem to be confused. I didn't do this for your benefit. I did this for the benefit of users who goggle, find this thread, find it's 60 pages long, and need an index to "customers".
IGExpandingPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #892
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lazzzzy TVs' Van
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastTVS View Post
This person never had a purchasing experience with us
just joined this forum and already has 216 posts mostly on this thread only preaching why one shouldn't buy from buy from EastCoastTVs
We tell our customers after you receive your TV get involved and post your experience on this thread
Hmmm, care to back up that assertion with facts? For all I know you could be right. But you'll have to crunch the numbers.

Didn't we learn anything about making up numbers? 20%, $10,000 web software, most vendors do this.

Again, you're confused. You don't decide who posts in this thread. The owners and the moderators do. Hell, I even said "I" would have considering buying a Pio from you guys considering the price, and Macks would do the extended warranty.

ETA:
I just checked and I have 218 posts now. They are not mostly in this thread. Sorry. Please post a retraction.

ETA2:
Quote:
216 posts mostly on this thread only preaching why one shouldn't buy from buy from EastCoastTV
Total fabrication. I lurked on this forum before I bought my TV, then joined because someone else had my TV and was considering the same monoprice mount. This can easily be verified. I've also offered some technical support, and handy dandy diagrams.

For future, investigate first, then make the accusation.

Last edited by IGExpandingPan; 07-21-2009 at 07:42 PM..
IGExpandingPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #893
"Pay Upon Delivery"
 
EastCoastTVS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Linden, NJ
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGExpandingPan View Post

ETA:
I just checked and I have 218 posts now. They are not mostly in this thread. Sorry. Please post a retraction.

.
We post a retraction, It sure seamed like it, you sure do post a lot on this thread,
How many have you posted on this thread
__________________
Customer Service at East Coast TVs
EastCoastTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #894
"Pay Upon Delivery"
 
EastCoastTVS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Linden, NJ
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGExpandingPan View Post

But seriously if you'll actually look there is a link to the user's profile and their first message in this thread. Anyone who wants to can click on the user name and few all their posts if they desire. I also linked to the first post so the conversation can be seen in context.
Thank You
__________________
Customer Service at East Coast TVs
EastCoastTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #895
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lazzzzy TVs' Van
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastTVS View Post
How many have you posted on this thread
Count yourself d00d!

You seem to want others to do work for you. I'll have to change my location to LazyTV!
IGExpandingPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #896
Can't get up...
 
JamesenjoysHD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 60
Default

Holy Sheep Turds!!! This thread is like the energizer bunny! I've never heard of east coast tvs, and would probly never buy a tv from them regardless of this info but I do want to point out that the representitive from east coast tv seams to spend a crap load of time arguing this nonsense during business hours. If your trying to promote your business in a positive way, I can assure you, there are hundreds of things you can do. It's tough enough to own your own business in times like these, but If your business tanks, it won't be because of this thread, or the economy, it's because you can't seem to do honest business and market yourself in a positive way. IMO
JamesenjoysHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:50 AM   #897
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lazzzzy TVs' Van
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastTVS View Post
why don't you post a link of my customers experiences after they received the tv.
I dare you
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastTVS View Post
Thank You
You REALLY need to actually learn how to act on an online forum. I'm no social butterfly but sweet mother of pearl you have to learn that you are not in control here. In fact, since you're a dealer you enjoy more restrictions than I do. The moment you start demanding people do stuff for you, you're out of line. I don't work for you, you don't pay me, and I'm under no moral or ethical obligation do anything you ask.

I don't hate you, but if you post inaccurate information, you're going to get called on it. Whether I like you or not does not enter into it.
IGExpandingPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:19 AM   #898
What, me?
 
ckone180's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Age: 37
Posts: 1,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastTVS View Post
We actually get customers calling us stating that there is a psychotic person out there that hates us.

Read IGExpandingPan location

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SleazyCoastTV's Van
Posts: 216
That.... right there... no, look up.... that..... is funny! You are the silliest business operator ever! You should really learn to sell Kirby vacuums!
__________________
Playstation 3 Online ID: cspldk
Battlefield 3!!!
ckone180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #899
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
daleb's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 7,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesenjoysHD View Post
but If your business tanks, it won't be because of this thread........
I'm not so sure!

But the 'tankee' is holding the shovel.
__________________
Samsung PN51F8500 plasma, Emotiva UMC200, XPA 5, Dali Ikon6 (Vokal2&OnWalls), Outlaw Audio LFM-1EX sub, Anti-Mode 8033B, Samsung H5900, 'Hoppah 3', Furman Elite power conditioner
daleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #900
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lazzzzy TVs' Van
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckone180 View Post
That.... right there... no, look up.... that..... is funny! You are the silliest business operator ever! You should really learn to sell Kirby vacuums!
Kirby?!? Lulz!

They can't operate where I live and I'm shocked they can operate elsewhere. One issue was offering 25k/year plus commission, and medical. Obviously they don't do this, and if the YT vids are accurate, they're STILL doing this. But because Kirby dealers are independent, the company doesn't get stung. Yet they manage enough control to make sure the independent dealers can't sell their products online.

Most shocking is the lifetime warranty, which means they'll replace it if it breaks, but not for free. I think only the motor is covered, not things like the fan, which can crack if you suck up a penny.

On the one hand having direct drive high speed fan next to the intake does make it suck rather well, and takes very low power. On the flip side, if you suck up a penny you're in trouble as it'll get sucked into the fan, into the motor. And direct drive adds to the noise level.

I've had a few Kirbys. I didn't spend more than $20 for any of them. From the factory they're $300, distributor about $750, and to the customer for $800~$2000+. They're dirt cheap when the reseller closes shop. They're build well, and I like the idea of something that isn't disposable. But after decade you get tried of a 25 pound vacuum. The Dyson is not so bad, though packing peanuts are it's achilles heel, but what vacuum cleaner does those well.

I'm shocked Kirby still exists in the age of the internet. It amazes me that ANYONE sells anything door to door anymore.
IGExpandingPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > General Chit Chat > The High Definition Lounge
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads to Anybody deal with "East Coast TV's"?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Special PS3/Blu-ray Deal Starts at Midnight Tonight (12/17-12/18) Bravestime High Definition Media 0 12-17-2008 10:28 PM
DreamWorks, Universal strike deal Lee Stewart At The Movies and Movie Discussions 0 10-14-2008 09:50 AM
Intel needs a console deal to get Larrabee off the ground Razor05 Gaming & Systems 4 09-13-2008 12:27 AM
Best deal on Samsung HLR6167W cinskeep Rear-Projection TVs 1 09-02-2005 10:34 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:27 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum