High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > General Chit Chat > The High Definition Lounge
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

The High Definition Lounge Can't find a proper forum for your questions, comments, reviews, etc.? Post them here! RSS - The High Definition Lounge

Like Tree17Likes

Anybody deal with "East Coast TV's"?

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #241
My plasma is High Def.
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: West Deptford, NJ
Posts: 9
Default Couldn't be happier with ECTV

Hi all,
I posted last weekend that I ordered a 55" Samsung Luxia from ECTV. I got the invoice e-mailed 1 day after my order was finalized. I talked to Jimmy and put the order in for the TV. He sold me with a hell of a deal on a 3-year warranty.

Unfortunately some things came up and I had to make the decision to drop the warranty plan from my order. I called customer service and Jen helped me out with that NO PROBLEM. The new invoice was sent out to me, and the delivery was to be scheduled after that.

Next the TV dropped $100 on the website. With ECTV's great pay upon delivery business model they said their was no problem updating my invoice. So I got a newly revised invoice on Friday that reflected the $100 price drop.

The following Sunday I got a call at about 5PM from the delivery company (mentioned in my previous post) and they told me they would be at my house Monday morning between 6am-9am. They were at my house at 6:45 and just as expected the delivery guy opened up the box, plugged in the TV, and made sure it was working with me. I paid with my card that he swiped on the spot, and it was done.

The whole experience was awesome! ECTV is the sales company for the warehouse and them not having to maintain stock saves them a lot of money, which they pass along to the customer.

To prove I'm not a fake person or any other nonsense that people are alleging on this site, I posted pics of my entire home theater project - including pics of the tv delivery and setup (towards the end) on my facebook page.

check out the link at:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=2a72ec89b5

(60 pics across 3 pages. You don't need a facebook account to see them)

Again -- I can't say enough good stuff about ECTV's and I wish more companies worked like they do! I finally got the TV I've been wanting for the last 2 years since moving into this house!

--Geoff
acesarewld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #242
I'm not stupid Dennis!
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pottstown, PA
Age: 54
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesarewld View Post
check out the link at:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=2a72ec89b5

(60 pics across 3 pages. You don't need a facebook account to see them)

Again -- I can't say enough good stuff about ECTV's and I wish more companies worked like they do! I finally got the TV I've been wanting for the last 2 years since moving into this house!

--Geoff
Nice work Geoff! My wife would like to hire you to do some work at our house! She's not thrilled with my ability to start projects, but never finish them.

I love the color you chose, and the lamps too. It's plain to me that you spent a good deal of time planning, as the end results are beautiful.

Jeff
lobudgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #243
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobudgt View Post
Nice work Geoff! My wife would like to hire you to do some work at our house! She's not thrilled with my ability to start projects, but never finish them.

I love the color you chose, and the lamps too. It's plain to me that you spent a good deal of time planning, as the end results are beautiful.

Jeff
Jeff

Geoff
Thats a serious home theater project. Great work!!!!!
Ely94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #244
My plasma is High Def.
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: West Deptford, NJ
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobudgt View Post
Nice work Geoff! My wife would like to hire you to do some work at our house! She's not thrilled with my ability to start projects, but never finish them.

I love the color you chose, and the lamps too. It's plain to me that you spent a good deal of time planning, as the end results are beautiful.
Thanks Jeff! I'm always more than happy to help out haha... it's funny how usually I'm the guy with 100 projects that are 85-90% completed.. but after 2 years of thinking about what could be, I was pretty fired up about finishing this one!

I started this project knowing it was going to end up with the big tv under the false pretense of "painting the living room" to get the wife to let me do it. If I'm going to paint, I need to rip up the walls FIRST. If I'm ripping up the walls for the tv mount, I may as well do the speaker mounts at the same time... if I do them, I may as well do the floating shelves.. etc until the project gets done-enough to get her interested in seeing the end result! :-)

Anyway, yes.. I had PLENTY of time to plan this out, and a copy of Photoshop available. I knew in my head how I wanted it to look -- the photoshopped image was inspiration and explanation so others could see my vision for the project!

There are a few more, and higher quality versions of the images available on my mobileme page.. you can click the download link to get the higher quality pics -- in case there is any part of the project or the TV you want to see closer.

That link is:
http://gallery.me.com/geoffgelay#100095

While I certainly appreciate comments on all the work I did (and thanks again!) the point of the post is that ECTV was great and for the haters to back off. As stated they are an internet company that acts like the sales liaison between the warehouse and the delivery company. Their costs are very low and the advantage is to US, the customers. I feel spoiled by the pay on delivery idea -- and agree it is way safer (or better piece of mind) than the average internet sale!

--Geoff
acesarewld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #245
Newbie to HD
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 5
Default

About my comment "first to report"... the perfectionist in me HAD to edit that comment because that didn't come out as intended. I didn't read all 17 pages, but I'm glad I count! It appeared to me as though some did not believe the other comments, and most of the stories are believable. I'll be posting more here since I know nothing about high def and I'm hating this clunky cable box now. I live in CT, they are in Jersey, so I am affiliated with them in no way. I'm not even going to embarass myself by posting a pic of my system, as my 1 year old Samsung stereo broke, so I ripped that out, and the tv is still on the floor (plugged in of course). Sorry for the misunderstanding. --Donna
MonkeyMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #246
I'm not stupid Dennis!
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pottstown, PA
Age: 54
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMind View Post
About my comment "first to report"... the perfectionist in me HAD to edit that comment because that didn't come out as intended. I didn't read all 17 pages, but I'm glad I count! It appeared to me as though some did not believe the other comments, and most of the stories are believable. I'll be posting more here since I know nothing about high def and I'm hating this clunky cable box now. I live in CT, they are in Jersey, so I am affiliated with them in no way. I'm not even going to embarass myself by posting a pic of my system, as my 1 year old Samsung stereo broke, so I ripped that out, and the tv is still on the floor (plugged in of course). Sorry for the misunderstanding. --Donna
I figured it was something like that..a misunderstanding of what you meant was what I actually would have put my money on. It was nice of you to clarify. Thanks!

As for whether you count...that remains to be seen. You do in my book, but as I don't count, don't trust ME!

Now go back and read all 17 pages!!
lobudgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #247
I'm not stupid Dennis!
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pottstown, PA
Age: 54
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesarewld View Post
Thanks Jeff! I'm always more than happy to help out haha... it's funny how usually I'm the guy with 100 projects that are 85-90% completed.. but after 2 years of thinking about what could be, I was pretty fired up about finishing this one!

I started this project knowing it was going to end up with the big tv under the false pretense of "painting the living room" to get the wife to let me do it. If I'm going to paint, I need to rip up the walls FIRST. If I'm ripping up the walls for the tv mount, I may as well do the speaker mounts at the same time... if I do them, I may as well do the floating shelves.. etc until the project gets done-enough to get her interested in seeing the end result! :-)

Anyway, yes.. I had PLENTY of time to plan this out, and a copy of Photoshop available. I knew in my head how I wanted it to look -- the photoshopped image was inspiration and explanation so others could see my vision for the project!

There are a few more, and higher quality versions of the images available on my mobileme page.. you can click the download link to get the higher quality pics -- in case there is any part of the project or the TV you want to see closer.

That link is:
http://gallery.me.com/geoffgelay#100095

While I certainly appreciate comments on all the work I did (and thanks again!) the point of the post is that ECTV was great and for the haters to back off. As stated they are an internet company that acts like the sales liaison between the warehouse and the delivery company. Their costs are very low and the advantage is to US, the customers. I feel spoiled by the pay on delivery idea -- and agree it is way safer (or better piece of mind) than the average internet sale!

--Geoff
You're welcome to the compliments. Well deserved. I'll check out the new link. Thanks for posting it up.

You better watch how happy you sound about your experience with East Coast TVS though. I wouldn't want you lumped in with the rest of us newbies!
lobudgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #248
I'm not stupid Dennis!
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pottstown, PA
Age: 54
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ely94 View Post
Jeff
Dude...don't make fun of me.

Ah...go ahead.
lobudgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #249
Former Super Moderator - RIP
 
PFC5's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mass
Posts: 38,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesarewld View Post
Hi all,
I posted last weekend that I ordered a 55" Samsung Luxia from ECTV. I got the invoice e-mailed 1 day after my order was finalized. I talked to Jimmy and put the order in for the TV. He sold me with a hell of a deal on a 3-year warranty.

Unfortunately some things came up and I had to make the decision to drop the warranty plan from my order. I called customer service and Jen helped me out with that NO PROBLEM. The new invoice was sent out to me, and the delivery was to be scheduled after that.

Next the TV dropped $100 on the website. With ECTV's great pay upon delivery business model they said their was no problem updating my invoice. So I got a newly revised invoice on Friday that reflected the $100 price drop.

The following Sunday I got a call at about 5PM from the delivery company (mentioned in my previous post) and they told me they would be at my house Monday morning between 6am-9am. They were at my house at 6:45 and just as expected the delivery guy opened up the box, plugged in the TV, and made sure it was working with me. I paid with my card that he swiped on the spot, and it was done.

The whole experience was awesome! ECTV is the sales company for the warehouse and them not having to maintain stock saves them a lot of money, which they pass along to the customer.

To prove I'm not a fake person or any other nonsense that people are alleging on this site, I posted pics of my entire home theater project - including pics of the tv delivery and setup (towards the end) on my facebook page.

check out the link at:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=2a72ec89b5

(60 pics across 3 pages. You don't need a facebook account to see them)

Again -- I can't say enough good stuff about ECTV's and I wish more companies worked like they do! I finally got the TV I've been wanting for the last 2 years since moving into this house!

--Geoff
Welcome to the forum!

Great work and thanks for posting all the steps with pics.

I am sure it will help many people see that although time consuming, it is a task well worth doing "right" like you did it. You should post your system here in this section:

http://www.highdefforum.com/high-def...ur-system.html

Are those wall sconces on a dimmer? They look bright so I was thinking they must be when you want that "theater" look including the dim room environment.

ps. Once you get a few more posts in I will delete those counting posts that clutter the thread. Unfortunately we (like other forums) have to limit posting links to people posting more than 5 posts to try to cut down on all the spam operators out there. I know for legit new posters it is a PITA, but we would have even more spam postings if we didn't have this unfortunately.

Great work and documentation of your project!
__________________
Denon AVR-887
Klipsch RP-5 Pwred Towers (mains) (525 watts peak each 12"Subs)
All Klipsch RC-25(ctr),(2)SS1(surr),(2)SS1(rearSurr)
Toshiba (2)HD-A20,PS3,BD35
For SACD/DVD-A Samsung HD-841
Panny 50pz80u plasma
SETTINGS
RCA HD50LPW162 50"DLP w/HD2+
SA 3250HD
47" LCD+Yamaha5790+HD-A1(bedroom)
Harmony 680 + (2) 670s (amazing remote/support)
Game room with Onkyo receiver & B&W Speakers
The_Cable_Game
Take the high ground and be happier
PSN: PFC5
PFC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #250
I love home theater!
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8
Default

Back to the original topic, I bought a Luxia 55" (UN55B7000) from another merchant. Price was excellent; service was great.

(You can send me a private message if you want to know who? Price was about $125 less than EastCoast)

This site also has a "private" deals e-mail which I signed up for. I'm shopping for some Revel speakers at 10% over dealer cost.
__________________
I love home theater!
dmlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 AM   #251
Former Super Moderator - RIP
 
PFC5's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mass
Posts: 38,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlewis View Post
Back to the original topic, I bought a Luxia 55" (UN55B7000) from another merchant. Price was excellent; service was great.

(You can send me a private message if you want to know who? Price was about $125 less than EastCoast)

This site also has a "private" deals e-mail which I signed up for. I'm shopping for some Revel speakers at 10% over dealer cost.
How is this back on topic if it is about a different retailer?
__________________
Denon AVR-887
Klipsch RP-5 Pwred Towers (mains) (525 watts peak each 12"Subs)
All Klipsch RC-25(ctr),(2)SS1(surr),(2)SS1(rearSurr)
Toshiba (2)HD-A20,PS3,BD35
For SACD/DVD-A Samsung HD-841
Panny 50pz80u plasma
SETTINGS
RCA HD50LPW162 50"DLP w/HD2+
SA 3250HD
47" LCD+Yamaha5790+HD-A1(bedroom)
Harmony 680 + (2) 670s (amazing remote/support)
Game room with Onkyo receiver & B&W Speakers
The_Cable_Game
Take the high ground and be happier
PSN: PFC5
PFC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:03 AM   #252
I'm not stupid Dennis!
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pottstown, PA
Age: 54
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC5 View Post
How is this back on topic if it is about a different retailer?
I have to give you credit for that one PFC5. I thought the same thing.
lobudgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:45 AM   #253
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 47
Default

I'll get us back on topic here. I received my second TV from ECTV yesterday (Samsung 32B650) for my wife. Although it did take longer then the first TV (Samsung 63B550) for me. From order to delivery was 1 week compared to my first Tv was delivered in a day. The service from ECTV was again great.

Now if they can add to their service removal of old TVs they would be complete.
Donzi54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:47 AM   #254
My plasma is High Def.
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: West Deptford, NJ
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC5 View Post
Welcome to the forum!
Are those wall sconces on a dimmer? They look bright so I was thinking they must be when you want that "theater" look including the dim room environment.

ps. Once you get a few more posts in I will delete those counting posts that clutter the thread. Unfortunately we (like other forums) have to limit posting links to people posting more than 5 posts to try to cut down on all the spam operators out there. I know for legit new posters it is a PITA, but we would have even more spam postings if we didn't have this unfortunately.

Great work and documentation of your project!
Thanks PFC! Yes, those sconces on the wall are dimmable. For most of the pics I took I had ALL the lights were on as bright as they would go just for the camera. The room is hard to light for photos because of all the reflective surfaces (mirror, TV component shelves, glass tables, etc). When dimmed to the lowest setting the lights give a nice look that isn't distracting or bright but leaves just enough light in the room.

Sorry for those bogus "1,2,3,4,5" posts so I could get links up here, I'm getting closer to having a LEGIT 5 posts here so they can be deleted soon!

I just bought a Logitech Harmony 880 and UPS to finish off this project. The remote is to make it so even the wife can use this system and the UPS will be hidden in the basement where the power and other wires for the TV and stuff are run (the PVC conduit runs through the floor behind the wall to the basement to keep power, speakers, Wii-USB, RGB, and other wires totally hidden). I got an ugly but large (VA rating) UPS to prevent the sudden power off from a storm or surge. That PLUS the power conditioner I have on there (bottom shelf) should give me more than enough power protection!

--Geoff
acesarewld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:03 AM   #255
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobudgt View Post
Dude...don't make fun of me.

Ah...go ahead.
Sorry I couldn't help myself.
Ely94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > General Chit Chat > The High Definition Lounge
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads to Anybody deal with "East Coast TV's"?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Special PS3/Blu-ray Deal Starts at Midnight Tonight (12/17-12/18) Bravestime High Definition Media 0 12-17-2008 10:28 PM
DreamWorks, Universal strike deal Lee Stewart At The Movies and Movie Discussions 0 10-14-2008 09:50 AM
Intel needs a console deal to get Larrabee off the ground Razor05 Gaming & Systems 4 09-13-2008 12:27 AM
Best deal on Samsung HLR6167W cinskeep Rear-Projection TVs 1 09-02-2005 10:34 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum