High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Gaming & Systems A place to discuss video game systems

PS3 guys need friends & info

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #1  
Punk Police
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,962
Default PS3 guys need friends & info

Finally got a PS3 and am looking for friends. I played with the COD4 360 clan and enjoyed playing with those guys so I was hoping to get with the PS3 clan and gamers to have some quality people to play with. I got COD4 and Battlefield:bad company for now so send so invites. My tag is the same as on the 360 which is KuruptTurner

Now some questions. I have a Samsung 1080p LNS4695D bought in 2007 hooked up HDMI.

Any settings I should mess with? I searched the forum and found one about setting RGB to full is that a good idea? Any others?

I also searched about why COD4 runs at 720p even though it claims 1080p on the box. Only responses were to uncheck the 720 box but then Battlefield defualts to 480p while COD will change to 1080p. So anyway around this or do i have to check and uncheck boxes everytime?

Last I couldnt find this anywhere but i used the HDMI 6 foot cable included with a new HD DVR from Directv to hook up the PS3. I have a three foot phillips hdmi cable for the DVR since it wont reach the PS3. Anyways if the PS3 is off I skip through the inputs and it doesnt recognize any signal. The 360, wii , and dvr do even when off. Also if I turn it on (the PS3) it will find the input but when I turn it off it says to check the signal cable. Also once told me check the connection of the cable even though it was good. Plus when going from the settings or home screen to loading a game it drops signal then picks it back up after a second. So is the cable crap or is it something else?
I have read here that a cable is a cable(HDMI) and dosent matter if its a cheapy or a monster but the DVR dosen't do this hooked up with HDMI so is it a PS3 thing?

Now I know I could test the cables if I move it to the DVR spot but it is a major pain in the ass to move things around since I have to move furniture and a lot of crap to get behind my set up so please help.
jusHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #2  
I'm Fabulous.
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusHD View Post

I also searched about why COD4 runs at 720p even though it claims 1080p on the box. Only responses were to uncheck the 720 box but then Battlefield defualts to 480p while COD will change to 1080p. So anyway around this or do i have to check and uncheck boxes everytime?
Didn't know this would happen for COD4. I'll have to try it out. That was always a mystery to me too though. Says 1080p on the box, but then runs at 720p. As far as the battlefield thing, I think it's because the highest it will run is 720p. With the PS3, if you don't have 720p as an option, then it will default to 480p. This was the HUGE uproar when the PS3 first came out and people (myself included) didn't yet have an HDTV with 720p support. Mine only did 1080i over component (720p was only achievable over DVI, I eventually went this route).

Quote:
Last I couldnt find this anywhere but i used the HDMI 6 foot cable included with a new HD DVR from Directv to hook up the PS3. I have a three foot phillips hdmi cable for the DVR since it wont reach the PS3. Anyways if the PS3 is off I skip through the inputs and it doesnt recognize any signal. The 360, wii , and dvr do even when off. Also if I turn it on (the PS3) it will find the input but when I turn it off it says to check the signal cable. Also once told me check the connection of the cable even though it was good. Plus when going from the settings or home screen to loading a game it drops signal then picks it back up after a second. So is the cable crap or is it something else?
I have read here that a cable is a cable(HDMI) and dosent matter if its a cheapy or a monster but the DVR dosen't do this hooked up with HDMI so is it a PS3 thing?

Now I know I could test the cables if I move it to the DVR spot but it is a major pain in the ass to move things around since I have to move furniture and a lot of crap to get behind my set up so please help.
Mine does the same thing. I think it's the system itself. Not the cable. Mine did it with an HDMI to DVI connection and it does the same thing to my new set which is straight HDMI. The nice thing is my new set just stays at a black screen. But the input ID still pops up on the screen.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:13 AM   #3  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
GLOW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,701
Default

The signal refreshes (drops) because it's anticipating a change in resolution.

Feel free to add me, my PSN ID is biobooster. I haven't been playing online much as of late but I'm getting back into it. Would love to get some more COD4 game sessions in with the HDF crew.
GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #4  
F91
Plasmatic
 
F91's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,624
Default

Add: kremdela
Welcome! You can be part of the HDF clan if you want. We do OK.
F91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #5  
Punk Police
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,962
Default

I'll send some invites as soon as I get a chance. I thought you guys rocked at COD?
jusHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #6  
I'm Fabulous.
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusHD View Post
I'll send some invites as soon as I get a chance. I thought you guys rocked at COD?
We do. But in all fairness, it's been almost a month since we've all played together. I know I'd probably be a bit rusty right now. But I'd pick it up quick.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #7  
Let's Go Pens!
 
cherman24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Near Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 738
Default

PSN: cherman24

I'll warn you. I'm about to get hitched this weekend, be on a honeymoon, and in the process of moving so I don't know how much fun (with gaming) I'll be having for a while.
cherman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #8  
Will get a 3DTV in 2011
 
EddieDZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saint John, NB Canada
Posts: 5,184
Default

chainclutch

i havent played cod4 in some time with the release of mgs4 and what not, plus i havent played any game(including mgs4) in about 2-3days, new born baby so i havent really had much time.

reason cod4 runs in 720p is because it prefers 720p. if you have a 1080p tv and have 720p and 1080p box checked in the ps3 display settings, cod4 will prefer 720p, to get it to run in 1080p the PS3 will upscale it but you sorta need to force it into that mode by unchecking 720p.. a game like Gran Turismo 5 Prologue however prefers to run in 1080p.

also, you have a sumsung TV... so its normal to get what you are getting.... i just purchased a Samsung LN46A530 1080p and when my PS3(via HDMI) is turned off, the HDMI input on my TV is greyed out and if i try to select it, it says to check the cable etc.. thats normal. . if i then turn ON my PS3, and then change the TV input, the HDMI is in white rather then greyed out and i am able to select it and view everything, whenever i start up a game you know that the PS3 resolution and signal drop and then come back up, this is also normal, during this you might see a dispay on your TV saying "checking signal" or something like that.. that also is normal because the signal from the PS3 has dropped and it reloads again (when starting upa game from the XMB, this happens all the time). .. i prefer this over my previous TV which was a Vizio, whenever the signal would drop and the resolution would change on my PS3, sometimes the vizio TV would display a static noise picture and static noise on the speakers.. it was very very very annoying and sometimes it would not fix itself so i had to switch the input then switch back again...im sooo f-ing love my samsung.

as for you PS3 settings, just make sure you have using the HDMI input, make sure the RGB full/limit option is set to LIMIT! and make sure the BD/DVD option for AUTO,RGB,YbYc etc.. is set to RGB.
EddieDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #9  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
GLOW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,701
Default

Congratulations cherman on the upcoming wedding and Eddie on the newborn baby!!!

It looks like the PS3 clan is all family men now.
GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #10  
I'm Fabulous.
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
Congratulations cherman on the upcoming wedding and Eddie on the newborn baby!!!

It looks like the PS3 clan is all family men now.
Woah! Hold up!! If by family men you mean married, can't say we all are yet... I'm the last hold out.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #11  
Punk Police
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,962
Default

Thanks Eddie makes me feel better about things. I figured it might be something like when you change from a hd channel to a sd channel but had doubts about a free HDMI cable. And also to eddie and cherman congrats. I'm married and have two kids so I know how it can be difficult to get any games going, but its worth it.

I am really into battlefield:BC anyone planning to get it. Plus any good recommendations on a mic for the PS3?
jusHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:10 PM   #12  
I'm Fabulous.
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusHD View Post
Thanks Eddie makes me feel better about things. I figured it might be something like when you change from a hd channel to a sd channel but had doubts about a free HDMI cable. And also to eddie and cherman congrats. I'm married and have two kids so I know how it can be difficult to get any games going, but its worth it.

I am really into battlefield:BC anyone planning to get it. Plus any good recommendations on a mic for the PS3?
I would say anything other than a Motorola.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #13  
Founder of the Alt Right
 
kamspy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 22,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
Congratulations cherman on the upcoming wedding and Eddie on the newborn baby!!!

It looks like the PS3 clan is all family men now.
Yep. We're the distinguished crowd good sir.

Have you any Grey Poupon?
kamspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:32 PM   #14  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
kryptonian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 465
Default

Hello there, my PSN ID is KAL-EL__ (2 underscores) feel free to add me if you wish.

im currently playing Resistance: Fall of Man and just started playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
kryptonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:38 AM   #15  
Will get a 3DTV in 2011
 
EddieDZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saint John, NB Canada
Posts: 5,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusHD View Post
I am really into battlefield:BC anyone planning to get it. Plus any good recommendations on a mic for the PS3?
jabra headsets..
EddieDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


to PS3 guys need friends & info
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blu-ray player: PS3 or Standalone IMpoor Blu-Ray and Ultra HD Blu-Ray Players 5 12-26-2007 05:23 PM
another ps3 v.s. 360 article posted by a game developer. bboncorr Gaming & Systems 28 11-14-2007 07:07 AM
New info PS3 Sixaxis w/rumble Nexgenrulz Gaming & Systems 0 07-05-2007 05:58 PM
NY Times picks Wii and 360 over PS3 Cygnus Gaming & Systems 8 04-23-2007 10:16 AM
Q&A: Nihilistic's Huebner, Cooke Talk PS3, X360 Dev Ease Cygnus Gaming & Systems 0 12-11-2006 07:27 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:28 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands