High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Gaming & Systems A place to discuss video game systems

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By GLOW
  • 1 Post By marcallo

Official: Games. You have beaten 2019.

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2019, 10:00 AM   #1  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 
GLOW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,697
Default Official: Games. You have beaten 2019.

awol and TwoPlusTwo like this.
GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #2  
Let's Go Pens!
 
cherman24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Near Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 725
Default

About to be far cry 5. $15 new at GameStop
cherman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:04 AM   #3  
Two Words, No Refunds.
 
marcallo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24 View Post
About to be far cry 5. $15 new at GameStop
Definitely worth 15 dollars. 65...meh. I am kind of interested in the sequel though.
cherman24 likes this.
marcallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:30 AM   #4  
I'm Fabulous.
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,366
Default

Well, hellooooo boys....

Dragon Age: Inquisition — 9/10

Hands down one of the most fun games I've play in a VERY long time. Story kept me hooked, side quests kept me going, graphics were pretty good considering the age of the game. I would actually say I almost enjoyed it more than Skyrim. Almost. The only thing I'll knock it for is the weapon and armor variety. I used the same four staffs for the entirety of the game. The opening staff, one I found about 5 hours in, one I found about 20 hours in, and then finally one I crafted that lasted me the rest of the 50+ hours after that. I played the FUCK out of this game. The amount of exploration was insane. Each map was so well designed. DA:2 was so constricted with the maps — very linear. That must have been a primary complaint from players that Bioware answered with a "we hear you".

If you haven't played this game due to a backlog like I have... do it in the next one you play.

Crysis 3 — 5/10

BOOOOORRRRINGGGG..... The first one was fun. The second one was less fun. The third one was not fun. No depth to the story. I went in with the expectation of it being a fast game, but 5 hours? That's pretty bad. Maybe it had more longevity for multiplayer? I mean, Gears OW had some pretty decent story longevity. That said, I'm kinda glad it wasn't longer. I needed it to be a "filler" between my next big game. And for that it worked. But man... it's bad.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #5  
Grammar Police
 
John Rambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Packerland
Posts: 13,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol View Post
Well, hellooooo boys....

Dragon Age: Inquisition — 9/10

Hands down one of the most fun games I've play in a VERY long time. Story kept me hooked, side quests kept me going, graphics were pretty good considering the age of the game. I would actually say I almost enjoyed it more than Skyrim. Almost. The only thing I'll knock it for is the weapon and armor variety. I used the same four staffs for the entirety of the game. The opening staff, one I found about 5 hours in, one I found about 20 hours in, and then finally one I crafted that lasted me the rest of the 50+ hours after that. I played the FUCK out of this game. The amount of exploration was insane. Each map was so well designed. DA:2 was so constricted with the maps — very linear. That must have been a primary complaint from players that Bioware answered with a "we hear you".

If you haven't played this game due to a backlog like I have... do it in the next one you play.

Crysis 3 — 5/10

BOOOOORRRRINGGGG..... The first one was fun. The second one was less fun. The third one was not fun. No depth to the story. I went in with the expectation of it being a fast game, but 5 hours? That's pretty bad. Maybe it had more longevity for multiplayer? I mean, Gears OW had some pretty decent story longevity. That said, I'm kinda glad it wasn't longer. I needed it to be a "filler" between my next big game. And for that it worked. But man... it's bad.

He said 2019, not 2014
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:27 PM   #6  
I'm Fabulous.
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
He said 2019, not 2014
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:00 AM   #7  
Boob Whisperer....
 
mytime's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, Missouri
Posts: 11,044
Default

I’ve preordered Anthem. Not a game you beat though.
mytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #8  
Grammar Police
 
John Rambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Packerland
Posts: 13,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytime View Post
I’ve preordered Anthem. Not a game you beat though.
I trust EA to make that game overhyped garbage.
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:49 PM   #9  
Two Words, No Refunds.
 
marcallo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,534
Default

I played a little of the demo weekend. It's destiny, with robots.
marcallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #10  
Boob Whisperer....
 
mytime's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, Missouri
Posts: 11,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcallo View Post
I played a little of the demo weekend. It's destiny, with robots.
Nope. Destiny does gunplay well. BioWare doesn’t
mytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:28 PM   #11  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 
GLOW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytime View Post
Nope. Destiny does gunplay well. BioWare doesn’t
That sucks. Can you get refunds on the PlayStation Store?
GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:00 PM   #12  
Grammar Police
 
John Rambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Packerland
Posts: 13,145
Default

It reminded me of Mass Effect. And AFAIK, it's all PvE. I'll pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
That sucks. Can you get refunds on the PlayStation Store?
Pre-order? Probably. Although you should really avoid preordering unless the game is a lock and the bonuses are worth it
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:03 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands