High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Gaming & Systems A place to discuss video game systems

H1Z1 thoughts?

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #1  
Let's Go Pens!
Thread Starter
 
cherman24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Near Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 726
Default H1Z1 thoughts?

I only have PS4, so I think this Battle Royale game is on pc or other consoles. I also never played pubg, but from what I’ve read it’s similar. I didn’t really like fortnight cause it’s too much to do with gathering materials, building, finding weapons, etc. this is more like find weapons or vehicles so I liked it better. Does anyone play this? My issues with these Battle Royale games is, you always start from scratch and I’m a kinda run and gun, but sit and wait is sort of the way to go until about half the game is over. Anyway, it’s free on psn (I think most of these types of games are free anyway) if you wanna check it out. I rarely get time to play anything anymore, but if you see me on, hit me up cause I’ve never squadded up on these games and maybe they’d be a little more fun.
cherman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #2  
Rest In Peace...PFC5
 
kharaa's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Utah
Age: 32
Posts: 7,378
Default

edit: maybe i'm wrong.

Last edited by kharaa; 08-17-2018 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: incorrect info?
kharaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #3  
Grammar Police
 
John Rambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Packerland
Posts: 13,146
Default

Fortnite is the only BR game that has ever interested me BECAUSE of the building. It allows you to outplay people instead of just playing hide-n-seek lasertag
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #4  
Let's Go Pens!
Thread Starter
 
cherman24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Near Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Fortnite is the only BR game that has ever interested me BECAUSE of the building. It allows you to outplay people instead of just playing hide-n-seek lasertag
I get that aspect. I just am too impatient to gather and have one set of “fight” buttons and one set of “build” buttons. I’m cool with the just grab some guns and go. I’m enjoying dicking around with this game. It’s on my level for simple, quick entertainment.
cherman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:07 PM   #5  
Grammar Police
 
John Rambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Packerland
Posts: 13,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24 View Post
I get that aspect. I just am too impatient to gather and have one set of “fight” buttons and one set of “build” buttons. I’m cool with the just grab some guns and go. I’m enjoying dicking around with this game. It’s on my level for simple, quick entertainment.
Have you tried fortnite? Building is an integral part of the combat. And the latest control scheme is amazingly intuitive to build on console. The combat is so much fun, I honestly can't imagine playing a BR game without it. I'll watch PUBG streams on occasion and the game looks so incredibly boring
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:25 AM   #6  
Let's Go Pens!
Thread Starter
 
cherman24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Near Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Have you tried fortnite? Building is an integral part of the combat. And the latest control scheme is amazingly intuitive to build on console. The combat is so much fun, I honestly can't imagine playing a BR game without it. I'll watch PUBG streams on occasion and the game looks so incredibly boring
Yes, I’ve had a limited experience with fort. My experiences went something like this...1) drop in, be beside a guy who got there a split second early, get killed. 2) drop in, gather a ton of stuff, head to a different location, get shotgun by camper. 3) do normal, get near end, and get the jump on someone and get out-built and killed.

I have no argument with those points. 1-2 are frustrating and 3 is the gameplay. I just felt it was something I wouldn’t end up grasping and being a novice vs people who play a lot, it was more frustrating than fun.

H1Z1 just came to PS4, doesn’t have the building and adds vehicles. I just felt it was more of a level playing field for a casual like me.
cherman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:12 AM   #7  
Grammar Police
 
John Rambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Packerland
Posts: 13,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24 View Post
Yes, I’ve had a limited experience with fort. My experiences went something like this...1) drop in, be beside a guy who got there a split second early, get killed. 2) drop in, gather a ton of stuff, head to a different location, get shotgun by camper. 3) do normal, get near end, and get the jump on someone and get out-built and killed.

I have no argument with those points. 1-2 are frustrating and 3 is the gameplay. I just felt it was something I wouldn’t end up grasping and being a novice vs people who play a lot, it was more frustrating than fun.

H1Z1 just came to PS4, doesn’t have the building and adds vehicles. I just felt it was more of a level playing field for a casual like me.
Yeah fortnite has a pretty huge learning curve. I just recently switched from Xbox to PC and it's been really tough, going from probably the best player in pretty much every game lobby to one of the bottom half. I've never used a keyboard in competitive play before and it's a rough transition
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:59 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands