High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Gaming & Systems A place to discuss video game systems

Like Tree502Likes

So yeah... Trump.

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #61  
I'm Fabulous.
Thread Starter
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,370
Default

While the internet existed, it was not widely available to consumers. And it certainly wasn't something you "did". The web itself wasn't a viable thing until 1994 with Netscape 1.0

I was born in 77, and the internet experience of my freshman year of college consisted of using Netscape for web browsing and PINE via UNIX for email. Hell, Wikipedia didn't even exist until 2001.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #62  
Boob Whisperer....
 
mytime's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, Missouri
Posts: 11,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol View Post
While the internet existed, it was not widely available to consumers. And it certainly wasn't something you "did". The web itself wasn't a viable thing until 1994 with Netscape 1.0

I was born in 77, and the internet experience of my freshman year of college consisted of using Netscape for web browsing and PINE via UNIX for email. Hell, Wikipedia didn't even exist until 2001.
Hell. Dial up. Click to log in to your ISP and go make a sandwich , mow the lawn and run the vacuum . Might have loaded the home page by then.
Do not miss that.
mytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #63  
I'm Fabulous.
Thread Starter
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytime View Post
Hell. Dial up. Click to log in to your ISP and go make a sandwich , mow the lawn and run the vacuum . Might have loaded the home page by then.
Do not miss that.
Like playing Metal Gear Solid 4 on the PS3

And broadband didn't even really become a viable option until 2003ish. It's still not available to a LOT of people. I actually forget I take it for granted. That's how second nature it is to me.
mytime and TwoPlusTwo like this.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:11 PM   #64  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
GLOW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,697
Default

It's an interesting discussion to have and you all make good points. Are generations about time, technology, parenting, the economy, being independent? Early baby boomers are different from late baby boomers in many ways, same with Gen X'ers. Rambo is right, those born in 1980 are very different than those born in 1990, but that's mostly because of the velocity of technology. Pretty soon kids are going to grow up with virtual reality literally attached to their heads. I weep for the future.

I'm curious what Rizz has to say about this being an old ass grandad whose seen it all, from old timey radios to 4k TVs
GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #65  
Boob Whisperer....
 
mytime's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, Missouri
Posts: 11,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
It's an interesting discussion to have and you all make good points. Are generations about time, technology, parenting, the economy, being independent? Early baby boomers are different from late baby boomers in many ways, same with Gen X'ers. Rambo is right, those born in 1980 are very different than those born in 1990, but that's mostly because of the velocity of technology. Pretty soon kids are going to grow up with virtual reality literally attached to their heads. I weep for the future.

I'm curious what Rizz has to say about this being an old ass grandad whose seen it all, from old timey radios to 4k TVs
Rizz was probably an early adopter of color tv.
GLOW and awol like this.
mytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:34 PM   #66  
I'm Fabulous.
Thread Starter
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytime View Post
Rizz was probably an early adopter of color tv.
Only after his parents said it was just a fad.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #67  
I bleed for HD
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 14,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPlusTwo View Post
I'd laugh the entire way out the fucking door

EDIT - Wait, no I wouldn't, because I wouldn't be in a Chick-Fil-A to begin with.
Hadn't ever thought about the implications of them giving somebody's phone away. It's entirely voluntary so no big deal. Those of you who don't go to chik-FIL-a I feel bad for you. Those zealots make a damn tasty sandwich. To counter their zealotry I will never go on Sunday.
Rick-F likes this.
jkkyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #68  
I bleed for HD
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 14,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol View Post
While the internet existed, it was not widely available to consumers. And it certainly wasn't something you "did". The web itself wasn't a viable thing until 1994 with Netscape 1.0

I was born in 77, and the internet experience of my freshman year of college consisted of using Netscape for web browsing and PINE via UNIX for email. Hell, Wikipedia didn't even exist until 2001.
In college we used 2600 baud modems and used BBS system. I am so happy I grew up before the technology/ internet boom. I would be a whiny useless [email protected]#$bag had it been around in my youth and probably fat and lazy as well instead of an athlete. What we had was pong then Atari 2600

Last edited by jkkyler; 05-09-2016 at 03:15 PM..
jkkyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:28 PM   #69  
I'm Fabulous.
Thread Starter
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkkyler View Post
Hadn't ever thought about the implications of them giving somebody's phone away. It's entirely voluntary so no big deal. Those of you who don't go to chik-FIL-a I feel bad for you. Those zealots make a damn tasty sandwich. To counter their zealotry I will never go on Sunday.
Not sure if you're joking or not... They're closed on Sundays. And trust. I do not feel bad for not going to Chik-fil-a. I miss the lemonade, but not enough to justify sending money to hate groups.
TwoPlusTwo likes this.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:42 PM   #70  
Grammar Police
 
John Rambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Packerland
Posts: 13,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
It's an interesting discussion to have and you all make good points. Are generations about time, technology, parenting, the economy, being independent? Early baby boomers are different from late baby boomers in many ways, same with Gen X'ers. Rambo is right, those born in 1980 are very different than those born in 1990, but that's mostly because of the velocity of technology. Pretty soon kids are going to grow up with virtual reality literally attached to their heads. I weep for the future.

I'm curious what Rizz has to say about this being an old ass grandad whose seen it all, from old timey radios to 4k TVs
I think that the "generation" names are too broad and too wide. I just think kids born in the late 90's are fucking jerkoffs, and I like to hate on millenials because of this
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #71  
I bleed for HD
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 14,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol View Post
Not sure if you're joking or not... They're closed on Sundays. And trust. I do not feel bad for not going to Chik-fil-a. I miss the lemonade, but not enough to justify sending money to hate groups.
Honestly, I can respect people who don't go. There are probably a few dozen companies I refuse to do business with based on principle and a few more I specifically do business with for the same reason but in this instance I just decided to turn a blind eye. The service at the one's around me make me feel like I rescued one of their family members from a burning building - I have never been treated as well perhaps at an exclusive spa/resort type setting and it is so damn delicious. If somebody were to offer me a lifetime supply of chik-fil-a I might even vote for trump (before I emigrated).

Speaking of trump the rumor mill has him considering Sara Palin as a vp - most liikely won't happen but if it did the world may as well just explode.
jkkyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:28 PM   #72  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 138
Default

Did everyone get the bowl thing I did the middle of the bowl was the US and the wall a round it lol I guess that went OVER everyone's head's???Trump
nasca13567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:56 PM   #73  
Two Words, No Refunds.
 
marcallo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,540
Default

On the advice of a good friend I downloaded a podcast app off the Google store and installed the FiveThirtyEight podcast. It's a political show very good. Tries to appear unbiased but it's clearly a liberal think tank. I listened to it while mowing the lawn was time we'll spent. They had a LOT to say about Trump. Particularly nate silver and defending his Stat models.
marcallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #74  
Praise the Sun!
 
TwoPlusTwo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Academia
Posts: 14,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcallo View Post
On the advice of a good friend I downloaded a podcast app off the Google store and installed the FiveThirtyEight podcast. It's a political show very good. Tries to appear unbiased but it's clearly a liberal think tank. I listened to it while mowing the lawn was time we'll spent. They had a LOT to say about Trump. Particularly nate silver and defending his Stat models.
Yeah FiveThirtyEight is pretty decent
TwoPlusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:35 PM   #75  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 138
Default

I think he is IN IT to win it I think it's time for ??????
nasca13567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:57 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands