High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Gaming & Systems A place to discuss video game systems

Like Tree51Likes

<<<The Official Xbox One Owners thread>>>

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #61  
PLS C SIG:
 
railven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Yeah but if I get in for the Day One preorder than I'll get it day one, right? The email they sent me is regarding the day one preorder and not the standard edition. I'll probably just cancel again if they delay my order until after xmas, but the Day One order is supposed to guarantee day one availability.
Not according to this email I got from EB.

If I had to guess, someone counted wrong.

EDIT: Now that I think about, I don't know if my EB preorder is a day one. I'll find out tomorrow. Fuck me, I didn't read the fine print.
railven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #62  
The 65 VT & Neil Rock!
Thread Starter
 
Razor05's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,782
Default

Guys, from what EBGames told me last week, if you preordered when the list was open, you'll receive a 'Day One Edition'. But if you didn't make the preorders you might still get one but not the 'Day One Edition'.
Razor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #63  
Super Moderator
 
bruceames's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Novato, CA
Posts: 17,124
Default

Who is EB Games and what do they have to do with Amazon?
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #64  
Praise the Sun!
 
TwoPlusTwo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Academia
Posts: 14,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Who is EB Games and what do they have to do with Amazon?
EB Games is Gamestop, basically. Great place to trade in used games/systems for store credit.
TwoPlusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #65  
Super Moderator
 
bruceames's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Novato, CA
Posts: 17,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPlusTwo View Post
EB Games is Gamestop, basically. Great place to trade in used games/systems for store credit.
Oh I see. I was getting worried that they have some sort of control over Amazon Day One supply, lol.
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #66  
The 65 VT & Neil Rock!
Thread Starter
 
Razor05's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Who is EB Games and what do they have to do with Amazon?
Yes EBGames is the US equivalent of Gamestop. Just guessing that Amazon is kind of following the same rules as EB, to receive a 'Day One Edition' you would of had to preorder.
Razor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #67  
PLS C SIG:
 
railven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,501
Default

EBgames is Gamestop, well Gamestop bought out EBgames, but EBgames is still real to me *sniff*

I can't check now, but I'm going to agree with Razor's comment. If it isn't a Day One edition, you better start praying.

I get the feeling mine isn't a Day One, I guess it was too good to be true. If Amazon is offering Day Ones at 6AM, you bet your ass I'll be check their website.
railven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #68  
Super Moderator
 
bruceames's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Novato, CA
Posts: 17,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor05 View Post
Yes EBGames is the US equivalent of Gamestop. Just guessing that Amazon is kind of following the same rules as EB, to receive a 'Day One Edition' you would of had to preorder.
Don't know if they are or not. I know Amazon has two preorders: Day One and Standard. Those that order standard know they're not getting it day one. And many of those that ordered Day One have canceled (such as myself). So if say, 10 percent of Day One preorders ended up getting canceled (lots of people preorder just as a placeholder while they think about it), then that leaves quite a few Day One consoles available....unless of course they move those to the standard edition preorders. But I don't think they'll do that since they didn't order a Day One edition.

But anyway if I get in, I'll get we'll find out...
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #69  
Super Moderator
 
bruceames's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Novato, CA
Posts: 17,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by railven View Post
EBgames is Gamestop, well Gamestop bought out EBgames, but EBgames is still real to me *sniff*

I can't check now, but I'm going to agree with Razor's comment. If it isn't a Day One edition, you better start praying.

I get the feeling mine isn't a Day One, I guess it was too good to be true. If Amazon is offering Day Ones at 6AM, you bet your ass I'll be check their website.
The email they sent me linked to the Day One edition. I signed up to be notified for that, not the Standard Edition.
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #70  
PLS C SIG:
 
railven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Don't know if they are or not. I know Amazon has two preorders: Day One and Standard. Those that order standard know they're not getting it day one. And many of those that ordered Day One have canceled (such as myself). So if say, 10 percent of Day One preorders ended up getting canceled (lots of people preorder just as a placeholder while they think about it), then that leaves quite a few Day One consoles available....unless of course they move those to the standard edition preorders. But I don't think they'll do that since they didn't order a Day One edition.

But anyway if I get in, I'll get we'll find out...
I'd guess Amazon would bump up standards to day one's, but probably required a email confirmation. Otherwise, good luck.

I'll check while I'm at work, at this point with a dead PS4 and chances of no Xbone until after Christmas, fuck this new gen in the ass!
railven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #71  
Super Moderator
 
bruceames's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Novato, CA
Posts: 17,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by railven View Post
I'd guess Amazon would bump up standards to day one's, but probably required a email confirmation. Otherwise, good luck.

I'll check while I'm at work, at this point with a dead PS4 and chances of no Xbone until after Christmas, fuck this new gen in the ass!
If they did that then I'm sol.
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #72  
PLS C SIG:
 
railven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,501
Default

Saw this on GAF, so chances are they are Day ones and probably the stock they'd get for normal retail. So get ready guys because it seems there is still a chance to save Christmas!

https://twitter.com/amazongames/stat...55619553918976

Quote:
The Xbox One Day One Edition will be available 11/20 at 5am PST. Bookmark this link so you don't miss out... http://amzn.to/I20Urb
railven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #73  
Super Moderator
 
bruceames's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Novato, CA
Posts: 17,124
Default

Was there at 5am, hit refresh over and over and nothing for about 90 seconds. Then I went into my email and clicked on the link there and got the preorder button finally. But when I got to checkout an "error" occurred, so I guess that means I was too late. WTFever, I can wait for a post-beta version. I hardly game anyway.
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #74  
The 65 VT & Neil Rock!
Thread Starter
 
Razor05's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Was there at 5am, hit refresh over and over and nothing for about 90 seconds. Then I went into my email and clicked on the link there and got the preorder button finally. But when I got to checkout an "error" occurred, so I guess that means I was too late. WTFever, I can wait for a post-beta version. I hardly game anyway.
Damn that's too bad. There must of been a ton of people trying to grab those last ones.
Razor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #75  
I bleed for HD
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 14,189
Default

Funny how <<The official xbone owners thread >> is 5 pages long and the thing hasn't even been released yet.
jkkyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:46 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands