High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Flat-Panel TVs Plasma, LCD

plasma

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #1  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 67
Posts: 63
Default plasma

Hi all,
I've been looking for a new 50" HDTV, and after reading the post(s) on this forum I now think I would like a plasma instead of a lcd.
My only concern is the lightning in my living room.
Attached is a picure of the room. Do you guys think there will be too much light coming in from the windows?
I was looking at the TH-50PZ850U from Panasonic.
thanks for you help.
tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00210.JPG (79.9 KB, 56 views)
tstp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #2  
"Shitter was Full"
 
Bigloww's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 8,321
Default

Is that the only window in the room? If so you will be fine.. The blinds will control the limited lighting that comes in anyway.. And since the window are on the side instead of directly behind you, glare should be a non factor when sitting in front of the set.
Bigloww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #3  
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 22
Default

I would add curtains to block the light
silvercorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #4  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 67
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigloww View Post
Is that the only window in the room? If so you will be fine.. The blinds will control the limited lighting that comes in anyway.. And since the window are on the side instead of directly behind you, glare should be a non factor when sitting in front of the set.
Thanks for the quick reply The only other windows are behind me and to the side in the dinning area and they have the same kind of blinds on them too.
tom
tstp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #5  
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstp View Post
Hi all,
I've been looking for a new 50" HDTV, and after reading the post(s) on this forum I now think I would like a plasma instead of a lcd.
My only concern is the lightning in my living room.
Attached is a picure of the room. Do you guys think there will be too much light coming in from the windows?
I was looking at the TH-50PZ850U from Panasonic.
thanks for you help.
tom
Is there any particular reason youre looking at last years model(850u) and not the new G10 or V10? From what ive heard the 850s are very nice, but this years models have quite a few advantages.

-Morgan
morgank6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #6  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 67
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgank6 View Post
Is there any particular reason youre looking at last years model(850u) and not the new G10 or V10? From what ive heard the 850s are very nice, but this years models have quite a few advantages.

-Morgan
Hi Morgan,
didn't know, just went to panasonics site and looked around, i'll go back and look again.

tom
tstp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #7  
WWW.CLEVELAND PLASMA.COM
 
Cle. Plasma's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CLEVELAND, OHIO
Posts: 681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgank6 View Post
Is there any particular reason youre looking at last years model(850u) and not the new G10 or V10? From what ive heard the 850s are very nice, but this years models have quite a few advantages.
-Morgan
There are to many improvments with the new models, do not buy last years model even if the price is lower. Black levels are twice as deep and the contrast ratio is three time better.
Cle. Plasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:59 AM   #8  
He who hesitates is lost
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 363
Default

I believe that plasmas have a lower glare effect, so you should be okay. But I agree, definitely consider getting some drapes.

And do something about that lamp in the corner, looks like you could not find a spot for that lamp b/c your closet was filled up.
jmcohen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #9  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstp View Post
Hi Morgan,
didn't know, just went to panasonics site and looked around, i'll go back and look again.

tom
hello tstp
i will suggest a plasma here .as you have mentioned about the windows.the plasma will be a better choice.and if you add curtains to the window then you can see the true colors of a plasma tv.and go for
http://powersellernyc.com/search?keywords=g10
and choose the best size you want.
best of luck
numan2good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #10  
Plasma > LCD
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle. Plasma View Post
There are to many improvments with the new models, do not buy last years model even if the price is lower. Black levels are twice as deep and the contrast ratio is three time better.
And don't forget that the current Panasonics are brighter than the old PZ85U/PZ800U/PZ850U so they'll punch through ambient light better than the old models. Instead of the PZ850U, you should be looking at buying a current model like the S1 or G10 or V10 series.
RandyWalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #11  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
And don't forget that the current Panasonics are brighter than the old PZ85U/PZ800U/PZ850U so they'll punch through ambient light better than the old models. Instead of the PZ850U, you should be looking at buying a current model like the S1 or G10 or V10 series.
hello RandyWalters
that's the model which i recommended is G10
and this guy will have a lot fun if he own this set.
numan2good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #12  
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
Default jim919

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstp View Post
Hi all,
I've been looking for a new 50" HDTV, and after reading the post(s) on this forum I now think I would like a plasma instead of a lcd.
My only concern is the lightning in my living room.
Attached is a picure of the room. Do you guys think there will be too much light coming in from the windows?
I was looking at the TH-50PZ850U from Panasonic.
thanks for you help.
tom
The best plasma is the Pioneer elite. I have two and the are great. My family room has a lot of ambient light and it is no problem
jim919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #13  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim919 View Post
The best plasma is the Pioneer elite. I have two and the are great. My family room has a lot of ambient light and it is no problem
welcome to the forum jim
well its good that you have one.but please elaborate the model of your pioneer elite so that this friend of ours can also have a look on that model.
numan2good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 AM   #14  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 291
Default

I am in the market for new flat panel TV. My decision (after read several threads here) is either Samsung LCD TV or Panasonic Plasma TV. Since this a plasma thread, my questions are what are the differences (major differences) b/t Panny G10 and V10? I just took a quick took at Panny 54" G10 and V10 at one online site, and V10 is about $800 more...so far the only major differences are V10 has one more HDMI input and G10 has a subwoofer.

My budget is about $2K. It looks like that I can 50"-54" Panny plama TV for $2K or under, and I can only get 46" Samsung LCD TV (I have to check on the price again).

Thanks.
huy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #15  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huy30 View Post
I am in the market for new flat panel TV. My decision (after read several threads here) is either Samsung LCD TV or Panasonic Plasma TV. Since this a plasma thread, my questions are what are the differences (major differences) b/t Panny G10 and V10? I just took a quick took at Panny 54" G10 and V10 at one online site, and V10 is about $800 more...so far the only major differences are V10 has one more HDMI input and G10 has a subwoofer.

My budget is about $2K. It looks like that I can 50"-54" Panny plama TV for $2K or under, and I can only get 46" Samsung LCD TV (I have to check on the price again).

Thanks.
hello huy30
well how about this
http://www.nextag.com/Panasonic-G10-...56/prices-html
see the prices and the trusted sellers here also and choose the one you like....
numan2good is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


to plasma
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Am I the only one who dislikes Plasma j3wb0y Flat-Panel TVs 275 06-07-2008 06:52 PM
Anyone have info about how good the Sanyo 50" plasma model DP50747 is? PFC5 Flat-Panel TVs 19 06-06-2008 07:23 AM
Plasma Going The Way Of The Dinosaur Jerry1808 Flat-Panel TVs 66 02-02-2008 07:33 PM
England to ban Plasma TV's!? eHDMI High Definition News & Informative Articles 99 01-09-2008 12:48 PM
Black friday lcd and plasma prices z28rod Flat-Panel TVs 58 11-23-2007 09:00 AM
Help! 1080 p Plasma or LCD??? drmike5000 Flat-Panel TVs 96 04-27-2007 11:52 AM
Looking to purchase my first plasma JE78 Flat-Panel TVs 51 10-29-2006 03:38 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:21 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands