High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Viewing Mediums, HDTVs > Flat-Panel TVs
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Flat-Panel TVs Plasma, LCD RSS - Flat-Panel TVs

Like Tree1Likes

Panasonic Blinking Power light of Death

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #61
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Bought a Panny TC-P50S1 3 months ago and it took a dump already. 8 blinks on the LED I sure wish I would have done my research on Panasonic instead of looking at the good price I got because I got a junk TV 100K BF - 650 hours =
Pepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:17 AM   #62
Plasma > LCD
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepi View Post
Bought a Panny TC-P50S1 3 months ago and it took a dump already. 8 blinks on the LED. I sure wish I would have done my research on Panasonic instead of looking at the good price I got because I got a junk TV
Oh cry me a river. Go ahead and do your research - you'll find that the Panasonic plasmas have the lowest failure rate of any TV on the market and they have the best customer service when things go wrong. Name one other company that is more reliable and has better customer service - oops, you can't. You just got unlucky in that you're in the few percent who had a failure. Luckily for you Panasonic is very good about getting your TV repaired in a timely manner. Contact Panasonic Concierge.

If you're concerned about a possible future failure, you should buy a Mack extended warranty from Cleveland Plasma for about $130.
__________________
Randy
TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, LC2600N LCD, Tivo Series 3, TWC SA8300HD, URC R40 Learning Remote
RandyWalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:32 AM   #63
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
Oh cry me a river. Go ahead and do your research - you'll find that the Panasonic plasmas have the lowest failure rate of any TV on the market and they have the best customer service when things go wrong. Name one other company that is more reliable and has better customer service - oops, you can't. You just got unlucky in that you're in the few percent who had a failure. Luckily for you Panasonic is very good about getting your TV repaired in a timely manner. Contact Panasonic Concierge.

If you're concerned about a possible future failure, you should buy a Mack extended warranty from Cleveland Plasma for about $130.

timely manner


21 days

Wow ... Got it down to 7 days now

Last edited by Pepi; 10-07-2009 at 01:05 PM..
Pepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #64
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepi View Post
Bought a Panny TC-P50S1 3 months ago and it took a dump already. 8 blinks on the LED I sure wish I would have done my research on Panasonic instead of looking at the good price I got because I got a junk TV 100K BF - 650 hours =
I'm in the same boat. I bought two TH-42PZ85U's at the same time from an online retailer just over a year ago (funny, how that works.) I've just recently started having the 8 blinking LED on one of them.

But I think I'm on to something after dealing with this for a few weeks. The set that I'm having trouble with is the set that's in my bedroom. The reason I mention this is because my wife and I leave the set on all night while we sleep. And the reason that's relevant is that I'm starting to notice a pattern as to when the issue arises ... after about an hour of watching HD programming, the TV will start exhibiting the problem. I can immediately turn the set back on if I hold the power button for a few seconds. Unfortunately, the set will usually turn off again within a few minutes (or it can last up to 30 minutes.) When I finally do roll over and go to sleep, my wife likes to change the channel to a non-HD channel because the sound from this particular channel doesn't fluctuate with noisy infomercials at 4am. So what does this have to do with anything? The set NEVER turns off during SD broadcasts.

I would encourage anyone who is having trouble (at least with the 8 blinking light issue) to try switching to a SD broadcast to see if you're seeing the same thing. I know, we bought a HD set to watch HD programming, but if we can start to narrow this down it might help someone figure out the issue.

I'm going to replace the set in the bedroom with the set from the living room to see if;

a) it's an HDMI cable problem
b) it's a function of a particular set-top box
c) having the set connected via a surround sound system provides a cleaner signal (the set in the LR is, and has never exhibited this issue.)

It'll be at least a few days before I can report back because I have the in-laws coming this weekend. But I will report my findings here.



And for the guy's snarky remarks to you about Panasonic being the greatest company in the world, blah-blah-blah, I bet he'd be the first one spilling tears in here if it was his set that was broken. Don't let him get to you. People like that have nothing to contribute yet, for some reason, think that they have the right to dog someone for no good reason whatsoever.

I've contacted Panasonic via their 'contact us' link. Despite the site claiming to have a response out in "2 business days" I have yet to hear from them -- more than 2 weeks later.

Try'n2help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #65
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3
Default

OK ... here's the deal; since I had family in town and didn't want to un-mount the TV in the bedroom, I tried to run the HDMI cable to #3 as suggested earlier in the thread. No luck. But I did find out something interesting in the process -- when I changed the cable to #3 the set stayed on for a few hours without turning off (and I thought that maybe that fix was working) so I changed my picture settings and walked away. 45 minutes later the set turned off again. I put two and two together and assumed that it was something in the settings ... it turns out that if I run the set with a 'picture' setting of 80 instead of 90, the set will not turn off. It's literally been on for days without turning off once.

I know it's not optimal, but it works. Lower the picture setting (reset is 50) and slowly raise it until the set starts acting up. I may be able to go higher than the setting of 80, but I haven't tried. Somewhere between 80 and 90 is where my particular set will fail (your mileage may vary.)

Good luck.
Try'n2help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #66
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
Techlord's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try'n2help View Post
I'm in the same boat. I bought two TH-42PZ85U's at the same time from an online retailer just over a year ago (funny, how that works.) I've just recently started having the 8 blinking LED on one of them.

But I think I'm on to something after dealing with this for a few weeks. The set that I'm having trouble with is the set that's in my bedroom. The reason I mention this is because my wife and I leave the set on all night while we sleep. And the reason that's relevant is that I'm starting to notice a pattern as to when the issue arises ... after about an hour of watching HD programming, the TV will start exhibiting the problem. I can immediately turn the set back on if I hold the power button for a few seconds. Unfortunately, the set will usually turn off again within a few minutes (or it can last up to 30 minutes.) When I finally do roll over and go to sleep, my wife likes to change the channel to a non-HD channel because the sound from this particular channel doesn't fluctuate with noisy infomercials at 4am. So what does this have to do with anything? The set NEVER turns off during SD broadcasts.

I would encourage anyone who is having trouble (at least with the 8 blinking light issue) to try switching to a SD broadcast to see if you're seeing the same thing. I know, we bought a HD set to watch HD programming, but if we can start to narrow this down it might help someone figure out the issue.

I'm going to replace the set in the bedroom with the set from the living room to see if;

a) it's an HDMI cable problem
b) it's a function of a particular set-top box
c) having the set connected via a surround sound system provides a cleaner signal (the set in the LR is, and has never exhibited this issue.)

It'll be at least a few days before I can report back because I have the in-laws coming this weekend. But I will report my findings here.



And for the guy's snarky remarks to you about Panasonic being the greatest company in the world, blah-blah-blah, I bet he'd be the first one spilling tears in here if it was his set that was broken. Don't let him get to you. People like that have nothing to contribute yet, for some reason, think that they have the right to dog someone for no good reason whatsoever.

I've contacted Panasonic via their 'contact us' link. Despite the site claiming to have a response out in "2 business days" I have yet to hear from them -- more than 2 weeks later.

Just because you are having a problem doesn't change the fact that Panasonic still has the best customer service, you are that small percentage having problems. Just be patience and behave like a "mature adult", I know it's difficult but I know you can do it.
__________________
I'll admit when I am wrong, why live in denial? I should have bought a Panasonic Plasma!

Samsung LN52B750 240Hz LCD HDTV
Oppo Digital BDP-83 Special Edition
Denon AVR-5700 THX Ultra Certified Receiver
MK Sound LCR-950THX Certified 5.1 Speaker System w/SB-1250 250W Powered Subwoofer
Techlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #67
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techlord View Post
Just because you are having a problem doesn't change the fact that Panasonic still has the best customer service, you are that small percentage having problems. Just be patience and behave like a "mature adult", I know it's difficult but I know you can do it.
And you're acting like a tool for what reason exactly? It must be scary that the extent of your 'business training' involves answering a phone and saying, "Thank you for calling Panasonic. How may I direct your call?" but that's not my problem.

Act like an adult, yourself. If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem.

Try'n2help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #68
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Default panasonicclassaction lawsuit

"CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT"
I own a 50 inch Panasonic that I bought in 2007. This TV is a victim of a failed DG board and 11 red blinking lights. Panasonic has had widespread issues before, specifically with their light bulbs in the early 2000's; it can be done!

Short story is I think we have enough parties to file, but I do not know for sure. Is anyone familiar with the number of people and $ amounts required to file a class action? I live in the southeast and have friends that are attorneys. I am considering contacting them to pursue this matter further.

However, I would like to compile information prior to contacting them. I have set up an email "panasonicclassaction at gmail (dot) com. Not sure exactly what information I need so I will start broad.

Please email me your name and email address, model number, date of purchase, date failed, the issue if diagnosed and number of red blinking lights, the repair bill if estimated (if you donít have these prior two do some internet searching and I bet you can get a good estimate) and any other pertinent information you think I may need. Also, make the subject line ďPanasonic TV failureĒ to make it easier to sort through.

I am going to compile all this information in an excel spreadsheet and I will provide it when I contact an attorney. I have seen lots of complaints about this problem across the internet, but I am not sure how many posts are overlapping. This will be a good way to determine an exact number of failures and the associated costs. I will start an email list and keep everyone updated with any new information. Please post this information as many places as you can (you can copy and paste this verbatim if you like). We need to disseminate this information so that we can get an accurate estimation of people affected by this problem. Thanks for your help and letís not rest on this issue! (Date written 01/11/2010)
panasonicclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #69
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
Techlord's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonicclass View Post
"CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT"
I own a 50 inch Panasonic that I bought in 2007. This TV is a victim of a failed DG board and 11 red blinking lights. Panasonic has had widespread issues before, specifically with their light bulbs in the early 2000's; it can be done!

Short story is I think we have enough parties to file, but I do not know for sure. Is anyone familiar with the number of people and $ amounts required to file a class action? I live in the southeast and have friends that are attorneys. I am considering contacting them to pursue this matter further.

However, I would like to compile information prior to contacting them. I have set up an email "panasonicclassaction at gmail (dot) com. Not sure exactly what information I need so I will start broad.

Please email me your name and email address, model number, date of purchase, date failed, the issue if diagnosed and number of red blinking lights, the repair bill if estimated (if you don’t have these prior two do some internet searching and I bet you can get a good estimate) and any other pertinent information you think I may need. Also, make the subject line “Panasonic TV failure” to make it easier to sort through.

I am going to compile all this information in an excel spreadsheet and I will provide it when I contact an attorney. I have seen lots of complaints about this problem across the internet, but I am not sure how many posts are overlapping. This will be a good way to determine an exact number of failures and the associated costs. I will start an email list and keep everyone updated with any new information. Please post this information as many places as you can (you can copy and paste this verbatim if you like). We need to disseminate this information so that we can get an accurate estimation of people affected by this problem. Thanks for your help and let’s not rest on this issue! (Date written 01/11/2010)
Are you not under warranty?
__________________
I'll admit when I am wrong, why live in denial? I should have bought a Panasonic Plasma!

Samsung LN52B750 240Hz LCD HDTV
Oppo Digital BDP-83 Special Edition
Denon AVR-5700 THX Ultra Certified Receiver
MK Sound LCR-950THX Certified 5.1 Speaker System w/SB-1250 250W Powered Subwoofer
Techlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #70
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Default

I am two service calls in and still have 8 blinks. This really stinks and i think this tv is gone. I cant get up every 30 minutes to turn this thing on again. Horrible and a massive fail for Panasonic for me.
dnstommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #71
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
Default

I got a Panasonic TH-42PZ700U ... 3 years + 2 months and it crapped out today. 7 blinking lights!

Personally, I'm going to try and fix it myself just for fun (I have a degree in electronics) and if that doesn't work ... I'll just take a shotgun to it and put it out of it's misery ... hehe.

I'm a little mad because I thought I was buying a quality TV and expected it to last at least 7 years .... that's not asking much seeing how are Philips CRT lasted for more than 12 years and was still performing like a champ when I got this overpriced paper weight! I wish I hadn't given my Philips to Good Will now ... lol.

Well, I know I'll never buy another Panasonic again. I think I'll just buy the cheapest LCD brand I can find so when it breaks in 3 - 4 years like all these new flat panels are doing, I won't be out that much.

BTW ... if that Class Action Lawsuit against these TV manufacturers happens .... let me know where to sign up. I've had a Sony, Samsung, and now a Panasonic ... and neither has lasted beyond 4 years ... that's freaking pathetic and a crime if you ask me!

... anyone know of a good site for learning how to repair LCD and plasma TVs ... hehe ... I got a few sitting around in my machine shop that needs repairing so I have something to practice on now ... lmao.
UnderClocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #72
pappylap
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
I'll just take a shotgun to it and put it out of it's misery ... hehe.

Quote:
I've had a Sony, Samsung, and now a Panasonic ... and neither has lasted beyond 4 years ... that's freaking pathetic and a crime if you ask me!
I agree! There may still be time to get your hands on a Pioneer... may as well you have tried everyone else.....P.S. Welcome to the Forum
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #73
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
Default Panasonic G10

Just bought a Panasonic G10 50 inch about a month and a half ago and last night it just randomly shut off on me. It won't turn back on and the power indicator just blinks 7 times in a row. I can't find anything to tell me what this means but I did stumble across this forum. Of course this happened only a few days out of the best buy return period. Luckily it happened an hour after I beat god of war 2 or I would have been really pissed right now haha. I called best buys "geeksquad" and they gave me a number to call to have it repaired. We'll see what happens with that. I'm just really pissed that I can't replace it with a new with the 4yr extended warranty I purchased. You have to have it serviced at least 3 times before you can do that. Oh well.. we'll see
DrPaleAle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #74
Former Super Moderator - RIP
 
PFC5's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mass
Posts: 38,290
Default

If it is only a few days out of the return period I would talk to a manager about still allowing a replacement since you did also buy the 4 yr warranty. You could mention that you may cancel the warranty through them since they cahrge so much more than a Mack or Square Trade warranty. Believe me they do not want to lose that warranty sale since they likely made more profit margin on that than the TV.

In the mean time try unplugging the TV for an hour or so and see if that helps reset the TV.

Good luck & hope this helps!
__________________
Denon AVR-887
Klipsch RP-5 Pwred Towers (mains) (525 watts peak each 12"Subs)
All Klipsch RC-25(ctr),(2)SS1(surr),(2)SS1(rearSurr)
Toshiba (2)HD-A20,PS3,BD35
For SACD/DVD-A Samsung HD-841
Panny 50pz80u plasma
SETTINGS
RCA HD50LPW162 50"DLP w/HD2+
SA 3250HD
47" LCD+Yamaha5790+HD-A1(bedroom)
Harmony 680 + (2) 670s (amazing remote/support)
Game room with Onkyo receiver & B&W Speakers
The_Cable_Game
Take the high ground and be happier
PSN: PFC5
PFC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #75
Flat Panel Luvr
 
s2mikey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappylap View Post

There may still be time to get your hands on a Pioneer... may as well you have tried everyone else.....P.S. Welcome to the Forum
Yes, there is time. Best Buy still has some and various other retailers do as well. You can get a hellauva deal on one too. If I had the extra loot laying around, Id almost consider buying another Pio and just tuck it away. My Pio has been perfect and I doubt anything will go wrong.

But, the prospect of ever having to replace it scares me to death. What am I gonna replace it with? What will "cut it"? What will meet my expectations?
__________________
Samsung PN64H5000 - PLASMA!
Sony DH-550
LG BP-540
Polk TSi, RSi, Polk Subwoofer
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Viewing Mediums, HDTVs > Flat-Panel TVs
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads to Panasonic Blinking Power light of Death
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Samsung vs Panasonic vs Toshiba mavrick0010 Rear-Projection TVs 15 10-05-2011 11:31 PM
Choosing a 37 inch display miketv Flat-Panel TVs 40 08-23-2005 04:19 PM
New Panny 42PD50U vs. 42PD25UP - reviews? Sparta Boy Flat-Panel TVs 51 04-25-2005 10:48 PM
New Panny 42PD25UP vs. 42PD50U -price worth it? Skankin56 Flat-Panel TVs 15 04-17-2005 10:57 PM
Panasonic CT 30WX54 zeke767 Direct-View (tube) TVs 0 03-16-2005 01:18 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:57 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright ©2004 - 2008, High Def Forum