High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Flat-Panel TVs Plasma, LCD

37" lcd will it fit properly?

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #1  
What is HD?
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Default 37" lcd will it fit properly?

Great Forum,

In a dillemma. I am stuck with an entertainment center and the opening is W:37 1/2" (95.3cm) H:27 1/2" (70.0cm).
Will a Toshiba Regza 37" lcd that measures 36" wide by 26" high have enough ventillation? The viewing distance is 8-10 feet, so I think a 32" will be too small. Its a christmas present, so I really appreciate any thoughts. My 2nd option is a Sony 32s3000, or a 32" toshiba.

Thanks!
farmrt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #2  
Banned User
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmrt88 View Post
Great Forum,

In a dillemma. I am stuck with an entertainment center and the opening is W:37 1/2" (95.3cm) H:27 1/2" (70.0cm).
Will a Toshiba Regza 37" lcd that measures 36" wide by 26" high have enough ventillation? The viewing distance is 8-10 feet, so I think a 32" will be too small. Its a christmas present, so I really appreciate any thoughts. My 2nd option is a Sony 32s3000, or a 32" toshiba.

Thanks!
Is that compressed wood, you might have to get a sander and make it fit..That's pretty tight fit.. Did you measure from the end to end not the panel depth.. You might be luckly.. Do you have pictures of what you have there?
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #3  
What is HD?
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Default

thanks for the response,

The 37.5 inches is from one end to a trim piece. There is actually 39 inches from side to side, and 19 inches of depth. It is just a typical sauder entertainment center (My girlfriends) I attached a diagram with the specs of the entertainment center. The tv is the regza 37hl67
I am hoping any heat can escape over the top, sides, and through the bottom where the stand is.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ent_Center_401476.jpg (19.5 KB, 12 views)
farmrt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:17 PM   #4  
Banned User
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmrt88 View Post
thanks for the response,

The 37.5 inches is from one end to a trim piece. There is actually 39 inches from side to side, and 19 inches of depth. It is just a typical sauder entertainment center (My girlfriends) I attached a diagram with the specs of the entertainment center. The tv is the regza 37hl67
I am hoping any heat can escape over the top, sides, and through the bottom where the stand is.

Thanks for the help!

I have a Sauder too, I have a huge King Size will CA King sled bed so I had to get this:





My 37" Funai just fits on this stand.. Just to give you idea..

but this one below is newer for our sets.. They didn't have this last year though.





Did you buy that center already..
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #5  
What is HD?
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Default

that setup looks nice. Cool new set also.

She has had the entertainment center for a few months with a 20" tube tv. ( she can't read the digital cable guide from the couch) So we are stuck with that. I bought the tv from costco, so I can always return it and get a 32". I'll try it out first and see after christmas.
farmrt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:23 PM   #6  
Banned User
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmrt88 View Post
that setup looks nice. Cool new set also.

She has had the entertainment center for a few months with a 20" tube tv. ( she can't read the digital cable guide from the couch) So we are stuck with that. I bought the tv from costco, so I can always return it and get a 32". I'll try it out first and see after christmas.
You should able to fit that into the center you have, since it's a Sauders you can make it fit as it's compress wood and all. I would say I would never buy another Sauders again though..
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #7  
Progress Not Perfection
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmrt88 View Post
In a dillemma. I am stuck with an entertainment center and the opening is W:37 1/2" (95.3cm) H:27 1/2" (70.0cm).
Will a Toshiba Regza 37" lcd that measures 36" wide by 26" high have enough ventillation? The viewing distance is 8-10 feet, so I think a 32" will be too small.
1) The TV will fit just fine - obviously that is pretty much a non-issue as you have taken all of the measurements.

2) As for ventilation, that should not be a problem either as there will be plenty of room for air to flow on both sides as well as botto to top. If you are into diy, you might consider some added ventilation holes or slots in both the bottom and top of the rear panel.
Scottnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


to 37" lcd will it fit properly?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please Help a First Time Buyer pbollin Flat-Panel TVs 7 02-13-2008 08:56 PM
Best 37" 1080 LCD? WOM Flat-Panel TVs 6 12-01-2007 10:03 AM
Black friday lcd and plasma prices z28rod Flat-Panel TVs 58 11-23-2007 09:00 AM
NEC LCD Technologies Develops Four New System-on-Glass LCD Modules eHDMI High Definition News & Informative Articles 0 10-21-2006 10:38 AM
My Review of the 37" OLEVIA LCD Monitor johnnytuinals Flat-Panel TVs 3 07-24-2006 12:41 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:19 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands