High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Flat-Panel TVs Plasma, LCD

Like Tree32Likes

Value Electronics' 9th annual Shootout event

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #1  
ValueElectronics.com
Thread Starter
 
DTV TiVo Dealer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scarsdale, NY
Posts: 816
Default Value Electronics' 9th annual Shootout event

We're opening registration to forum members to attend and participate in our 9th annual Flat Panel Shootout Evaluation. The Shootout will be held at our new Scarsdale, NY store at 6pm, Friday, May 10th and 6pm, Saturday, May 11th.

Participants who are selected can attend either day, but not both days as seats are limited.

Send me an email if you are interested in attending.

Enjoy!

-Robert
DTV TiVo Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #2  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer View Post
We're opening registration to forum members to attend and participate in our 9th annual Flat Panel Shootout Evaluation. The Shootout will be held at our new Scarsdale, NY store at 6pm, Friday, May 10th and 6pm, Saturday, May 11th.

Participants who are selected can attend either day, but not both days as seats are limited.

Send me an email if you are interested in attending.

Enjoy!

-Robert
Hopefully there won't be a Panasonic LCD in the shootout It just looked very panny biased last year and not including the Sony was a big mistake IMO Hell. A full array Vizio would have been a better choice.
WashedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #3  
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & LI,NY ..not a Place, it's an Attitude, *I'm Mixing up a fresh pitcher of KoolAid
Posts: 23,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
Hopefully there won't be a Panasonic LCD in the shootout It just looked very panny biased last year and not including the Sony was a big mistake IMO Hell. A full array Vizio would have been a better choice.
It was a big mistake, as Sony declined to participate, not that their presence was not requested. They declined to offer their High end XBR to be included ?
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #4  
ValueElectronics.com
Thread Starter
 
DTV TiVo Dealer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scarsdale, NY
Posts: 816
Default

Correct as usual Rizz. If the HX950 stays in the line we'll have it this year. If not we're pre-evaluate the new 55" W800A.

WashedOut, as we do every year we're looking at every major manufacturers flagship display. Every display in the Shootout evaluation must pass a pre-evaluation process to be included. Last year Panasonic's TC-L55WT50 just barely made it into the Shootout.

Other manufacturers were also excluded as they did not pass the pre-evaluation testing.

BTW, Panasonic had two displays in the event as did LG and Samsung. The VT50 came in first and the WT50 came in last place. So I don't see how you feel the event was Panasonic bias?

-Robert
HiDefRev and rfresh187 like this.
DTV TiVo Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #5  
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & LI,NY ..not a Place, it's an Attitude, *I'm Mixing up a fresh pitcher of KoolAid
Posts: 23,349
Default

Robert I've sent an invite to David Mackenzie & Tele1962 to join us here, hopefully they'll accept the invite. How are things progressing for the Shootout ?
Do you think my fav company Sony will participate this year ? (diehard LED whore, that's me, LOL)
929 at it's best
tele1962 likes this.

Last edited by ImRizzo; 04-06-2013 at 11:28 AM..
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #6  
ValueElectronics.com
Thread Starter
 
DTV TiVo Dealer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scarsdale, NY
Posts: 816
Default

Hi Riz, Yes I expect Sony to be in the competition line up. Not sure if it will be the HX950 or W800A. I prefer the HX950, but it may not be available much longer.

Very big plans for our 2013 Shootout evaluation and all is working out extremely well!

-Robert
tele1962 likes this.
DTV TiVo Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #7  
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & LI,NY ..not a Place, it's an Attitude, *I'm Mixing up a fresh pitcher of KoolAid
Posts: 23,349
Default

Tele192 has joined us and waiting on David MacKenzie. They should add some great info here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer View Post
Hi Riz, Yes I expect Sony to be in the competition line up. Not sure if it will be the HX950 or W800A. I prefer the HX950, but it may not be available much longer.

Very big plans for our 2013 Shootout evaluation and all is working out extremely well!

-Robert
tele1962 likes this.
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #8  
ValueElectronics.com
Thread Starter
 
DTV TiVo Dealer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scarsdale, NY
Posts: 816
Default

Below text generated on Panasonic's 60" ST60 w/optional Viera Electronic Touch Pen TY-TP10U



Want to have some real serious fun and learn about every major 2013 Flat Panel HDTV? Sign up today to participate in the world's only Flat Panel Shootout evaluation event.

Enjoy

-Robert
tele1962 likes this.
DTV TiVo Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #9  
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & LI,NY ..not a Place, it's an Attitude, *I'm Mixing up a fresh pitcher of KoolAid
Posts: 23,349
Default

That's slick.
DTV TiVo Dealer likes this.
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #10  
ValueElectronics.com
Thread Starter
 
DTV TiVo Dealer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scarsdale, NY
Posts: 816
Default

So ^^ are you!

-Robert
DTV TiVo Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #11  
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & LI,NY ..not a Place, it's an Attitude, *I'm Mixing up a fresh pitcher of KoolAid
Posts: 23,349
Default

Lol !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtv tivo dealer View Post
so ^^ are you!

-robert
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #12  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
tele1962's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 65
Default

I was just wondering, will there be time in the Shootout for a 3D evaluation/category. I know with some 3D is none to popular but i think it's here to stay and after seeing some of the calibrated results on this years models things have improved dramatically.

PS:
Just watched Monsters Inc 3D and wow.
tele1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #13  
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & LI,NY ..not a Place, it's an Attitude, *I'm Mixing up a fresh pitcher of KoolAid
Posts: 23,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
I was just wondering, will there be time in the Shootout for a 3D evaluation/category. I know with some 3D is none to popular but i think it's here to stay and after seeing some of the calibrated results on this years models things have improved dramatically.

PS:
Just watched Monsters Inc 3D and wow.
Animated productions translate to exceptional 3D vehicles.
It's kinda difficult to do a 3D viewing at the shootout due to the necessity to provide glasses to all present, unfortunately.
tele1962 likes this.
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #14  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
tele1962's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
Animated productions translate to exceptional 3D vehicles.
It's kinda difficult to do a 3D viewing at the shootout due to the necessity to provide glasses to all present, unfortunately.
Your right Rizz that would be difficult.
tele1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #15  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer View Post
Hi Riz, Yes I expect Sony to be in the competition line up. Not sure if it will be the HX950 or W800A. I prefer the HX950, but it may not be available much longer.

Very big plans for our 2013 Shootout evaluation and all is working out extremely well!

-Robert
Surely this will include sharp elite and the top of the line sony!
WashedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


to Value Electronics' 9th annual Shootout event
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Value Electronics' 9th annual Shootout event DTV TiVo Dealer Flat-Panel TVs 7 03-15-2013 09:16 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands