High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Viewing Mediums, HDTVs > Flat-Panel TVs
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Flat-Panel TVs Plasma, LCD RSS - Flat-Panel TVs

Buying my first HDTV

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
A couch and an HDTV to go please.
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 13
Default Buying my first HDTV

Hello folks, I'm thinking of buying my first HDTV finally and was going to get a 32 inch Vizio but my friend says that a 40 inch Toshiba $619 here at http://www.mycheaptech.net is the better deal?


I been lurking on here and this thread: Flat Panel Buyers Guide For Noobs, seems to concur with the Toshiba, just wanted other people opinions on that particular model. Should I hurry up to get that because my co-worker states that's really a good price for it?


Thanks I'm so glad their is a forum dedicated to things like this.
J619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
"Shitter was Full"
 
Bigloww's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 8,321
Default

$619 for a 40'' 1080p Toshiba is a great deal IMO. I thought that was a refurb at first, but did not see that anyplace in the link. Toshiba makes very good top tier LCD TV's from my experience and Tiger Direct is a good place to shop. I have a store near me and buy stuff all the time... You will need to add about $50 or so for shipping depending where you live.
__________________
Commit to the Indian..

"I don't get drunk, I get awesome"..
Bigloww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
A couch and an HDTV to go please.
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigloww View Post
$619 for a 40'' 1080p Toshiba is a great deal IMO. I thought that was a refurb at first, but did not see that anyplace in the link. Toshiba makes very good top tier LCD TV's from my experience and Tiger Direct is a good place to shop. I have a store near me and buy stuff all the time... You will need to add about $50 or so for shipping depending where you live.

Thanks I went store and looked at the same model, it has a beautiful picture, so I ordered and still out cheaper than buying it from the store.
J619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
A couch and an HDTV to go please.
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 13
Default

Damn looks like another Toshiba 40" went on sale for $579 with free shipping.

Oh well my set should be here this week.
J619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
My plasma is High Def.
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
Default

I find its always cheaper to order then to go to the store.. Rarely the store will have it cheaper.
Monsterhdmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
Former Super Moderator
 
Loves2Watch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: In Flux
Posts: 20,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterhdmi View Post
I find its always cheaper to order then to go to the store.. Rarely the store will have it cheaper.
Just had to laugh at your username..
__________________
It's always time for pie
Live everyday as if it was your last and plan on living forever...
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lazzzzy TVs' Van
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J619 View Post
I been lurking on here and this thread: Flat Panel Buyers Guide For Noobs, seems to concur with the Toshiba, just wanted other people opinions on that particular model. Should I hurry up to get that because my co-worker states that's really a good price for it?
$650 is the buymenow price for the 40rv525.
http://www.6ave.com/shop/product.asp...ku=TOS40RV525U

"I" would buy it in the store, pay tax above and beyond mail order unless I was saving 20%.

I think plasma would be a better choice for a first HDTV unless you want something that displays static images like a PC, but it just so happens that this set is tops as LCDs go. Odds are high you won't regret it.
IGExpandingPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
KE4TQP
 
JohninTenn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 744
Default Set your budget 1st.

Next STAY WITH IT. Don't fall for the high dollar cable lies. Dpn't get in any hurry. Looking is half half the fun.


Quote:
Originally Posted by J619 View Post
Hello folks, I'm thinking of buying my first HDTV finally and was going to get a 32 inch Vizio but my friend says that a 40 inch Toshiba $619 here at http://www.mycheaptech.net is the better deal?


I been lurking on here and this thread: Flat Panel Buyers Guide For Noobs, seems to concur with the Toshiba, just wanted other people opinions on that particular model. Should I hurry up to get that because my co-worker states that's really a good price for it?


Thanks I'm so glad their is a forum dedicated to things like this.
JohninTenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Viewing Mediums, HDTVs > Flat-Panel TVs
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads to Buying my first HDTV
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying my first HDTV scgal2 Flat-Panel TVs 8 04-22-2009 06:56 AM
Buying my first HDTV bits Flat-Panel TVs 7 09-13-2007 08:40 AM
Buying my first HDTV From a Buick 8 Flat-Panel TVs 11 08-14-2007 08:56 AM
Newbie to HDTV and these forums buying my first HDTV..questions axess68 Flat-Panel TVs 7 12-30-2005 04:49 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum