High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource (https://www.highdefforum.com/index.php)
-   DISH Network Forum (https://www.highdefforum.com/dish-network-forum-19/)
-   -   New HD Channel Lineup (https://www.highdefforum.com/dish-network-forum/7530-new-hd-channel-lineup.html)

numbskully 04-30-2005 03:12 PM

New HD Channel Lineup
 
9470: Rave HD - Call Letters: RAVE - Transponder 3
9471: Equator HD - Call Letters: EQUTR - Transponder 7
9472: Gallery HD - Call Letters: GLLRY - Transponder 1
9474: Animania HD - Call Letters: ANIMA - Transponder 7
9476: Rush HD - Call Letters: RUSH - Transponder 1
9478: Ultra HD - Call Letters: ULTRA - Transponder 5
9479: Guy TV HD - Call Letters: GUYTV - Transponder 3
9480: Majestic HD - Call Letters: MJSTC - Transponder 1
9481: Monsters HD - Call Letters: MNSTR - Transponder 5
9482: HD News - Call Letters: HDNWS - Transponder 3

GRN 04-30-2005 09:42 PM

Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to be a moot point for those of us who already have DISH because the word going around on a couple of other threads is that only new customers are going to be able to get the channels starting May 1st. :(

BlackHitachi 05-01-2005 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRN
Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to be a moot point for those of us who already have DISH because the word going around on a couple of other threads is that only new customers are going to be able to get the channels starting May 1st. :(

Nope not true all you need is a dish pointing at the 61.5 sat!!! You have to sub to dish's HD pak to get the voom pak for 5$. This is for all customers!!

doodlefudge 05-01-2005 02:07 AM

New HD Channels????
 
It is 3:27 am on 05/01/05 and I am ont receiving any new HD channels. I do subscribe to the HD package. What gives???????

numbskully 05-01-2005 06:48 AM

Voom Hd Is On!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHitachi
Nope not true all you need is a dish pointing at the 61.5 sat!!! You have to sub to dish's HD pak to get the voom pak for 5$. This is for all customers!!

This information is correct...as long as you have a 61.5 dish and HD pak subscriber all you have to do today is call and have them turned on. :yippee:

GRN 05-01-2005 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskully
This information is correct...as long as you have a 61.5 dish and HD pak subscriber all you have to do today is call and have them turned on. :yippee:

It also depends on what CSR you get. I got this dude who absolutely refused to turn them on, saying that the nw HD channels were only for VOOM customers and that existing DISH customers had to wait to receive them at a later date. I called back later and got another CSR. Before she could say anything I told her that I was a former VOOM customer and that I had the 61.5 dish. She proceeded to activate everything.

Unbelievable how we are literally bursting down their doors to give them our money for HD and yet they (some of them, anyway) refuse to take it! :D

daleb 05-01-2005 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRN
Before she could say anything I told her that I was a former VOOM customer and that I had the 61.5 dish. She proceeded to activate everything.

Maybe I should try that technique, maybe I will get a huge discount on the 2nd dish. Can't believe they don't review your account which must be displayed right in front of them. :p

GRN 05-01-2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daleb
Can't believe they don't review your account which must be displayed right in front of them. :p

I was thinking the same thing, but then I figured how could they know whether you were a VOOM customer or not? It would probably take a ridiculous amount of manpower and hours to cross reference and verify if someone was a VOOM customer. I mean, how can you check? Only way I could imagine is if you have the old VOOM applications in front of you. It's probably just easier for them to ask if someone was a VOOM customer, because unlike us (:D) the truly clueless would say "no, I'm not a VOOM customer."

Hey, as long as I got my channels, I'm not complaining! :D The most annoying thing was having the channels in red right in front of me, and this CSR on the other line refusing to just flip the switch and activate them!

retorq 05-01-2005 12:03 PM

BWHAHAHAHAHA You guys kill me, calling back telling them you were with Voom. They know VOOM only had 47K subs or what not, at the end of today when they add everything up they'll think there are 1 million Voomers out there. Hehehehehe

numbskully 05-01-2005 12:22 PM

Lol

GRN 05-01-2005 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retorq
BWHAHAHAHAHA You guys kill me, calling back telling them you were with Voom. They know VOOM only had 47K subs or what not, at the end of today when they add everything up they'll think there are 1 million Voomers out there. Hehehehehe

That being said, I wonder at what point the braintrust (and I use that term very loosely) at Echostar is going to figure out that everyone who is calling was not a VOOM customer? :D

retorq 05-02-2005 10:29 AM

They'll figure it out the moment I call and try to add the VOOM HD to my service, that's just the way it is with me. :D

Zoomvoom 05-02-2005 10:46 AM

Can I point my Voom dish to the 61.5 to receive channels?
 
Can someone tell me if it is possible to use my old Voom dish and point it to the 61.5 sattelite to receive the signal on my new Dishnetwork HD Receiver? What connections are necessary? I am not familiar with some of the terminology so if you can keep it simple maybe I can understand. Thanks! :)

daleb 05-02-2005 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomvoom
Can someone tell me if it is possible to use my old Voom dish and point it to the 61.5 sattelite to receive the signal on my new Dishnetwork HD Receiver? What connections are necessary? I am not familiar with some of the terminology so if you can keep it simple maybe I can understand. Thanks! :)

The components (the LNB, any switches, etc. any hardware associated with the Voom antenna ) are not likely to be compatible with your Dish equipment. If they were, Dish could save a bundle on dish antenna installs as well.

GRN 05-02-2005 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomvoom
Can someone tell me if it is possible to use my old Voom dish and point it to the 61.5 sattelite to receive the signal on my new Dishnetwork HD Receiver? What connections are necessary? I am not familiar with some of the terminology so if you can keep it simple maybe I can understand. Thanks! :)

I could have sworn someone on here did just that. I thought the hardware they had was Legacy on both, so they were able to do it. The VOOM dish is already pointed at 61.5, I believe.

And obviously DISH is not going to tell you to use your old VOOM dish (if you could) because it's less money for them!
:D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands