High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

DirecTV Forum Discuss and learn about DirecTV High Definition Satellite TV.

setting up a stack of 10 DirectTV boxes in Sports Bar

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #1  
What is HD?
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1
Default setting up a stack of 10 DirectTV boxes in Sports Bar

Hey everyone, I have a sports bar in Tempe with 15 HD-TVs. We have a stack of 10 DirectTV boxes for the main dining area and it's a nightmare changing channels.

Use a remote control and you end up changing more than the one box you wanted to change, sometimes all 10.

Change channels manually and it takes forever ... and that's no good on a busy NFL Sunday with a 100+ beer drinking football fans.

My commerical DirectTV rep really doesn't have any suggestions.

ANY have a COOL IDEA?

Thanks, Kim
Red Owl Sports Grill
Red Owl Tempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:48 PM   #2  
Watch the Raiders...
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bullhead City, CA
Posts: 102
Default

If you have the original remote controls, and antennas that came with each DTV receiver, set up the RF function of the box/remote control (1 remote - 1 box) and each remote will control only one specified DTV box...
ADONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #3  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
Jimbos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADONY
If you have the original remote controls, and antennas that came with each DTV receiver, set up the RF function of the box/remote control (1 remote - 1 box) and each remote will control only one specified DTV box...
This would work provided the receivers are D* branded, I don't believe previous receivers were programmed in the same manor.

Jimbo
Jimbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:55 AM   #4  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
lwilli201's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Concordia, Missouri
Posts: 274
Default

You might consider connecting more than 1 tv to a reciever. Remember, you cant, so dont try to satisfy everyone. Remember that you are in control. Pick out 2 or three games that are important to your customers. The local team and other games involving teams in your division or some other BIG game. You could then only have 3 or 4 recievers to change. If something special comes up like a large group of beer drinkers wanting to watch sumo wrestling in the back room, you could always hook up that tv to an unused reciever. Dont try to satisfy everone, that will kill you.
lwilli201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #5  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 61
Default

I can understand if you want to have different programing on all the tv's at once. I don't know how your tv's are set up or how far apart they are but you could "organize" them. Two ideas that come to mide is to number a tv and put the corrosponding number on the remote. If that does not suit your needs try using a color,shape or other decoration that is unique to the tv. Then put the same decoration on the remote. Good luck!!!
stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 08:03 PM   #6  
Red Sox in HD: Priceless
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump
I can understand if you want to have different programing on all the tv's at once. I don't know how your tv's are set up or how far apart they are but you could "organize" them. Two ideas that come to mide is to number a tv and put the corrosponding number on the remote. If that does not suit your needs try using a color,shape or other decoration that is unique to the tv. Then put the same decoration on the remote. Good luck!!!
There's 2 things you can do. ONe, put each box by each TV.

Two, or get one of those systems that allow you to change the TV channel, not the DTV box. I forget what they are called, but most sports bars here operate that way. Then you are just using the TV remote.

These systems use some sort of terminal to all the TV's, there's no DTV stand alone boxes anywhere.
hitdog042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #7  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
Jimbos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitdog042
There's 2 things you can do. ONe, put each box by each TV.

Two, or get one of those systems that allow you to change the TV channel, not the DTV box. I forget what they are called, but most sports bars here operate that way. Then you are just using the TV remote.

These systems use some sort of terminal to all the TV's, there's no DTV stand alone boxes anywhere.
I bet they have a rack of D* boxes in a different room that you cannot see... I normally see a rack det up with 5-10 boxes in the rack and change them at that location, with the remote as well. They work the cable TV boxes the same way.

Jimbo
Jimbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:40 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands