High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

DirecTV Forum Discuss and learn about DirecTV High Definition Satellite TV.

Rogue recording on my Genie

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2016, 12:53 PM   #1  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Aurora,IL
Posts: 97
Default Rogue recording on my Genie

I'll make this as short as possible. In the last month I've had to delete between 100 to 200 shows scheduled to record on my to do list. Shows on my seasons pass list that I have recorded and watched. Marked 1st run only, record 3 episodes only. DTV is, as usual no help. All these shows are either history, science channel etc. I heard here about 1-2 years ago that they have a DVR or had one that you hook up your old dvr to it and you can transfer your recorded shows over to it. I asked the tech about and of course they had no clue. My only other option is to disconnect my internet but don't you need it for channel schedules to get updated? Does anyone have an idea for me that I missed doing? It's so bad, last night I deleted around 15 "what on earth" episodes then another 10 or so eps.of another one then right after doing that there was another set of "what on earth" shows back on there!
One more thing. NONE of these on my to do list show a original date of broadcast like the channel guide shows or the other shows I have set to record. Thanks for your time!
udogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:14 AM   #2  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,517
Default

You've identified the problem yourself. If the guide data does not include original air date, or any other info to identify the episode, the DVR will record them to make sure it does not miss any episodes. This happens with many of the syndicated shows that are broadcast on the minor channels, or on your locals outside the peak viewing time.
texasbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #3  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Aurora,IL
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbrit View Post
You've identified the problem yourself. If the guide data does not include original air date, or any other info to identify the episode, the DVR will record them to make sure it does not miss any episodes. This happens with many of the syndicated shows that are broadcast on the minor channels, or on your locals outside the peak viewing time.
I noticed this morning on my series manager that not only do I have more than 1 entry to record a program like What on earth but a another entry for the same show down the list. I'm getting a new replacement genie on Tuesday that's hr54 and mine now is a hr44 any difference between the 2?
udogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 04:22 AM   #4  
WestDC
 
WestDC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: EARTH
Posts: 2,410
Default

Hr54 has no RJ-11 port to display CID only difference
WestDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #5  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by udogu View Post
I noticed this morning on my series manager that not only do I have more than 1 entry to record a program like What on earth but a another entry for the same show down the list. I'm getting a new replacement genie on Tuesday that's hr54 and mine now is a hr44 any difference between the 2?
If you have more than one entry in series manager then you must have added the second, it's the only way it can get on the list.
The HR54 is basically the same as the HR44. It won't treat the recordings any differently, if the guide data does not tell the DVR that it has a previous original air date, it will record.
texasbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:46 PM   #6  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Aurora,IL
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbrit View Post
If you have more than one entry in series manager then you must have added the second, it's the only way it can get on the list.
The HR54 is basically the same as the HR44. It won't treat the recordings any differently, if the guide data does not tell the DVR that it has a previous original air date, it will record.
Well I fixed the problem (temporarily?) I cancelled the shows that were recording over and over and cancelled my replacement install because I would be upgrading so I would be stuck another 2 years.
udogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:11 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands