High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

DirecTV Forum Discuss and learn about DirecTV High Definition Satellite TV.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By udogu

No dish soon?

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2016, 11:01 AM   #1  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Aurora,IL
Posts: 97
Default No dish soon?

I have heard that soon we will not need a dish for directv and I'm assuming it's because AT&T bought it. Anybody know more info?
udogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:44 AM   #2  
Overdue Degauss
 
isszguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by udogu View Post
I have heard that soon we will not need a dish for directv and I'm assuming it's because AT&T bought it. Anybody know more info?
If you didn't need a dish, it wouldn't be Directv. While ATT has bought DTV, I believe they still are offering U-Verse as well as DTV via satellite, both under the ATT family.

If anyone knows differently, please post it here as I'm about to pull the plug on Dish for DTV.
isszguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:37 PM   #3  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Aurora,IL
Posts: 97
Default Answered my own ?

OK I finally got an answer. If you have a Genie and a mini, a lot of the newer TVs are dtv friendly to the point of getting an app on the TV that will bring in your channels without the mini box. A tech told me that, but he didn't tell me which TVs
have that though.
udogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:57 AM   #4  
WestDC
 
WestDC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: EARTH
Posts: 2,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by udogu View Post
OK I finally got an answer. If you have a Genie and a mini, a lot of the newer TVs are dtv friendly to the point of getting an app on the TV that will bring in your channels without the mini box. A tech told me that, but he didn't tell me which TVs
have that though.
Here is a list of all D* tv RVU TV's currently.

https://support.directv.com/app/answ...oes-it-work%3F


Yes you can get rid of the Mini (however) D* tv still charges $7 a month for every activated RVU tv in your home.

At least using the mini you will get software updates on it- With the RVU TV you are stuck with software fixes from the TV mfg Which only last as long as the current TV is MFG- means that as soon as the Next year tv model is released the software support stops (down side)
WestDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 11:03 AM   #5  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Aurora,IL
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestDC View Post
Here is a list of all D* tv RVU TV's currently.

https://support.directv.com/app/answ...oes-it-work%3F


Yes you can get rid of the Mini (however) D* tv still charges $7 a month for every activated RVU tv in your home.

At least using the mini you will get software updates on it- With the RVU TV you are stuck with software fixes from the TV mfg Which only last as long as the current TV is MFG- means that as soon as the Next year tv model is released the software support stops (down side)
Very good point! That ends my interest, Thanks DC
WestDC likes this.
udogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:28 PM   #6  
My plasma is High Def.
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 6
Default

It is.
Klein1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands