High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Computers/HTPCs A place to discuss your computer setups, PC requirements, ATI Wonder Card, etc.

best tablet pc touch screen

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2010, 05:50 AM   #1  
How can anyone watch standard def?
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18
Default best tablet pc touch screen

can someone tell me the best wall mountable touch screen tablet pc
what i want to do is mount the pc in my bar room on the wall,all it will be used for is to run itunes and my music collection,so i need a good source out etc - because it only will be used as a jukebox i dont need fast processors etc

then i want to run it to two good floor stand speakers any one got suggestions

my budget is around 1500 dollars
egosbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #2  
Every day is Friday
 
oblioman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hooooterville
Posts: 9,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egosbar View Post
can someone tell me the best wall mountable touch screen tablet pc
what i want to do is mount the pc in my bar room on the wall,all it will be used for is to run itunes and my music collection,so i need a good source out etc - because it only will be used as a jukebox i dont need fast processors etc

then i want to run it to two good floor stand speakers any one got suggestions

my budget is around 1500 dollars
For music, me setup goes like this - el cheapo laptop - talking $50 bucks. Using Netunes (Onkyo software) - the laptop sends the mp3, wav, etc. (wireless) to me router, and then on to me receiver (onkyo). Works great. What you want to do can easily be done - but to be effective you will need a receiver (if you want half assed sound) to feed the speakers. There be all kinds of touch screen tablets on the market in your price range. The sony dash is a small touchscreen, but would need a usb stick for your music files. Something to check out.
oblioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:00 AM   #3  
How can anyone watch standard def?
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblioman View Post
For music, me setup goes like this - el cheapo laptop - talking $50 bucks. Using Netunes (Onkyo software) - the laptop sends the mp3, wav, etc. (wireless) to me router, and then on to me receiver (onkyo). Works great. What you want to do can easily be done - but to be effective you will need a receiver (if you want half assed sound) to feed the speakers. There be all kinds of touch screen tablets on the market in your price range. The sony dash is a small touchscreen, but would need a usb stick for your music files. Something to check out.

i have a reciever and it works fine but it doesnt recieve wireless but thats ok,i would use a digital output to the reciever under the bar the tablet laptop would be on the wall and receiver to good quality speakers

what im after off this forum is a set up for around 100o-1500 dollars that would be the most effective with the best sound
egosbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:16 AM   #4  
Beer: it does a body good
 
kegobeer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PCB, FL
Posts: 1,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egosbar View Post
i have a reciever and it works fine but it doesnt recieve wireless but thats ok,i would use a digital output to the reciever under the bar the tablet laptop would be on the wall and receiver to good quality speakers

what im after off this forum is a set up for around 100o-1500 dollars that would be the most effective with the best sound
If you are already planning on running cables from the table to your receiver, why not just put a PC under the bar or wherever your receiver is located and just mount a touch screen LCD to the wall?
kegobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:12 AM   #5  
How can anyone watch standard def?
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
If you are already planning on running cables from the table to your receiver, why not just put a PC under the bar or wherever your receiver is located and just mount a touch screen LCD to the wall?
would it be cheaper , do they work well etc
egosbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #6  
Beer: it does a body good
 
kegobeer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PCB, FL
Posts: 1,697
Default

I recommend you do some research on tablet PCs. Once you do, you'll have a better understanding of what kind of performance you can expect from a tablet PC compared to what you can get from a standard desktop PC.

Regarding touchscreen technology - it's the same technology used in tablet/touchscreen PCs. Again, you should do some research to find out how much they cost, performance, etc.
kegobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:09 AM   #7  
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Default

The best and the latest tablet pc touch screen in ipad. iPad is definitely the best tablet launched in 2010 and probably will remain the same till the end of the year. Others are announcing competitive models, but they're nice just on paper. iPad is here, has sold over 2 million units already in less than two months.
jazzrocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:11 AM   #8  
Beer: it does a body good
 
kegobeer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PCB, FL
Posts: 1,697
Default

The iPad is not a tablet PC. It's a giant iPhone minus the ability to make telephone calls. It also has no USB connections and no way to connect directly to any type of audio receiver (other than headphone jacks).
kegobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #9  
How can anyone watch standard def?
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
The iPad is not a tablet PC. It's a giant iPhone minus the ability to make telephone calls. It also has no USB connections and no way to connect directly to any type of audio receiver (other than headphone jacks).
yah no way im buying an ipad

im looking at a touch screen lcd with computer etc and run ablumplayer which supports touch

need to know a great setup

what speakers im thinking 1k on two good floor standing speakers and 500 - 1000 on a lcd touch screen and computer
egosbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #10  
Every day is Friday
 
oblioman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hooooterville
Posts: 9,279
Default

just read a great review on the Lilliput products. PC mag rated them as one of the best touch screens - http://lilliputweb.net/index.php?Con...category_id=50
oblioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #11  
How can anyone watch standard def?
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblioman View Post
just read a great review on the Lilliput products. PC mag rated them as one of the best touch screens - http://lilliputweb.net/index.php?Con...category_id=50
all in one monitor computer touch screen looks good

anyone heard of this brand

shenzhen link below,mount on wall and bingo got it sorted i think,they can make one with hdmi and optical outs for $470

http://hasee.manufacturer.globalsour...149681/ALL.htm
egosbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:40 AM   #12  
A couch and an HDTV to go please.
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 14
Default

You can mount your tablet PC on the wall anywhere in your room using a gadget such as PadTab wall mounts. It consists of two parts, including a plastic square frame called PadTab Mount and the inward-extended flap on each side to firmly hook another part called WallTab Mount.This can be fixed on the wall through attached. This gadget wall mount can support iPads and similar tablet PCs.
maryparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #13  
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Recently I bought one android touch screen tablet pc and it works properly and very easy to use. Even my son also plays games in it and I can easily download its applications.
robinkipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 AM   #14  
What is HD?
 
mato2K10's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
Default

There are many kinds of tablet pc, many kinds of applications, for usual entertainment, I like SW, their price much cheap but quality goods, especially looks pretty.
However, you have to know that the most popular in the world is APPLE's IPAD, usually we can say it's the best in the world, but to me, the price is unacceptable.
mato2K10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:17 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands