High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Car Forum Talk about your favorite cars, setups, garages (got pics?)!

2011 Ford Escape 4WD or 2011 Hyundai Sonta 2.0T

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #16  
AMD must survive
Thread Starter
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by House72 View Post
Buy a GPS.. Navi systems are a rip when it comes to cars, an extra grand for one.. No thanks, I'll go buy a portable GPS unit, and take it car to car..

Congrats on the new SUV..
They have to order it, which means that it will take 4-8 weeks to arrive. Buying the navigation system is currently the only way to get a built in factory HD radio along with Sirius Travel-link. I used to own a Garmin before, and nothing beats a nice and big factory touch screen nav system.
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #17  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
House72's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 39
Posts: 3,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdgamer View Post
They have to order it, which means that it will take 4-8 weeks to arrive. Buying the navigation system is currently the only way to get a built in factory HD radio along with Sirius Travel-link. I used to own a Garmin before, and nothing beats a nice and big factory touch screen nav system.
yea, an aftermarket touch screen does.. Their cheaper, and far better..

It's your ride, your money.. As long as your happy, that's all that counts..
House72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #18  
AMD must survive
Thread Starter
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by House72 View Post
yea, an aftermarket touch screen does.. Their cheaper, and far better..

It's your ride, your money.. As long as your happy, that's all that counts..
With Ford, vehicles with nav systems have just about every part of the car integrated into the touch screen, and that definately makes it nice. Plus this is the only way you can currently get HD Radio on the Escape. The nav systems for Ford also have a 30 gig hard drive that allows you to rip all your music CD's and store them for playback.
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #19  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
House72's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 39
Posts: 3,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdgamer View Post
With Ford, vehicles with nav systems have just about every part of the car integrated into the touch screen, and that definately makes it nice. Plus this is the only way you can currently get HD Radio on the Escape. The nav systems for Ford also have a 30 gig hard drive that allows you to rip all your music CD's and store them for playback.
You can't get HD radio any other way?? No after market headunits offer HD radio, I find that hard to beleive.. Ford got you for a quick and easy grand, if not more.. lol






















































You know, I'm only messing with you about the factory Navi...
House72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #20  
AMD must survive
Thread Starter
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by House72 View Post
You can't get HD radio any other way?? No after market headunits offer HD radio, I find that hard to beleive.. Ford got you for a quick and easy grand, if not more.. lol



You know, I'm only messing with you about the factory Navi...
Yeah, that is the only way you can currently get HD Radio in the Escape. I don't do aftermarket radios simply because they don't look right when you plug it into a factory setup.

Go to http://www.fordvehicles.com and you can read about the factory nav package on the Escape. It really is awesome.
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #21  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Barrington, Il.
Age: 67
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdgamer View Post
Well, I went ahead and made a decision for a Steel Blue Escape Limited with a light camel interior. I went ahead and decided to go with the I4 AWD version and opted for the navigation system, package 302a, and the auto parallel park thingie.
Great choice, you won't be sorry!
Congratulations
Emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #22  
AMD must survive
Thread Starter
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Great choice, you won't be sorry!
Congratulations
Actually it might not be set in stone and I may be going to the Hyundai. There seems to be an argument right now between a couple of managers there because the ordered vehicle wouldn't arrive for 4-8 weeks, and they are afraid that they wouldn't be able to give me a tax credit for the trade in. If they are not able to, then I am definately going to the turbo Sonata. One manager thinks it isn't a problem, but the other manager through a BF.
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #23  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Barrington, Il.
Age: 67
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdgamer View Post
Actually it might not be set in stone and I may be going to the Hyundai. There seems to be an argument right now between a couple of managers there because the ordered vehicle wouldn't arrive for 4-8 weeks, and they are afraid that they wouldn't be able to give me a tax credit for the trade in. If they are not able to, then I am definately going to the turbo Sonata. One manager thinks it isn't a problem, but the other manager through a BF.
Dealer games,
tell them it's what you agreed to or it's the Sonata!

Of course don't buy the Sonata, go to a better dealer, get the better car, the Ford!.
Emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #24  
AMD must survive
Thread Starter
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Dealer games,
tell them it's what you agreed to or it's the Sonata!

Of course don't buy the Sonata, go to a better dealer, get the better car, the Ford!.
I don't mess around with any of the other Ford dealers. The Kerry Automotive group are vultures who behave just like the Honda dealers do. The Castrucci Automotive Group are just frickin aggressive. There is another Ford dealer, but they have a terrible service department. All of the small independant Ford dealers have gone out of business in the last several years, including the one next to my house that our family has bought cars from.

The two managers have emailed the owner of the dealer to get a final verdict on what to do. However it is just my luck that the owner just broke his ankle and apparantly is in the ICU. If I can't get a response by tomarrow, it is off to the Hyundai dealer.
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #25  
Thats what it is
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 163
Default

Good luck with the negotiations...and even if you buy a car at a dealer with shoddy/suspect service, you don't have to get it service there...just a thought.
Strange (to me) how you are contemplating a sedan and an SUV...truly apples and oranges
scoutyjones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #26  
AMD must survive
Thread Starter
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutyjones2 View Post
Good luck with the negotiations...and even if you buy a car at a dealer with shoddy/suspect service, you don't have to get it service there...just a thought.
Strange (to me) how you are contemplating a sedan and an SUV...truly apples and oranges
That is what every dealer has been telling me. I am more of a technology geek and have a tendency to compare not the type of car, but the type of equipment and gadgets a car might have given my budget. Both the turbo Sonata Limited and the Escape AWD Limited satisfy that part of me. The fact that the Escape has AWD is a bonus, because I wouldn't consider doing an SUV that was only 2WD or FWD.
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #27  
AMD must survive
Thread Starter
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Damn...........


Just got a call from the dealer and they told me that the state of OH has told them that what they wanted to do for my particular case is illegal. As a result, the owner text managed the sales manager and told him not to do it.

Well, I guess i'm off to the Hyundai dealer.
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #28  
Thats what it is
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 163
Default

Stop at a Kia dealer and just look at the Sorrento...it might peak your interest.
Either way, good luck!
scoutyjones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #29  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Barrington, Il.
Age: 67
Posts: 2,324
Default

Wow, guess the blood don't bleed blue anymore .
Emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #30  
AMD must survive
Thread Starter
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Wow, guess the blood don't bleed blue anymore .
You might be surprised, I turned around and came back home after making it 1 mile on the interstate. My salesguy is off tomarrow, but I made an appointment with him for 9am to go comb over what possible vehicles fitting my criteria might exist that could be traded. We'll just have to see tomarrow as I never figured that it would be this insanely difficult to buy a 4 cylinder Escape with a factory navigation system. If they are unable to find something, then i'll just drive straight to the Hyundai dealer. They found a couple Escapes with the nav today, but they all had a V6 + every option like those big chrome rims that I have no desire to pay for.
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:09 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands