High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Car Forum Talk about your favorite cars, setups, garages (got pics?)!

Anyone get a Fusion yet?

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #1  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Barrington, Il.
Age: 67
Posts: 2,324
Default Anyone get a Fusion yet?

Just wonderin'

2010 COTY
Emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #2  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Just wonderin'

2010 COTY
I do like that they put a 6 speed manual in it! However, I am waiting for 3 things.

1.) More money.

2.) My current car to die.

3.) ECOBOOST! When they put a turbo in it, coupled with a 6 speed manual, it may be the best combination of power, fuel economy, and family space.
sjt1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #3  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Barrington, Il.
Age: 67
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjt1985 View Post
I do like that they put a 6 speed manual in it! However, I am waiting for 3 things.

1.) More money.

2.) My current car to die.

3.) ECOBOOST! When they put a turbo in it, coupled with a 6 speed manual, it may be the best combination of power, fuel economy, and family space.
I agree that the Ecoboost 4 cylinder with 6 speed would be a pretty sweet ride!

For economy though the Hybrid is hard to beat.
Emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #4  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 7,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjt1985 View Post
I do like that they put a 6 speed manual in it! However, I am waiting for 3 things.

1.) More money.

2.) My current car to die.

3.) ECOBOOST! When they put a turbo in it, coupled with a 6 speed manual, it may be the best combination of power, fuel economy, and family space.
Just in case you havn't seen it, but the automatic Fusion actually gets significantly better fuel economy than the manual transmission does

I have a 2010 Light Ice Blue Ford Fusion Hybrid with the medium stone interior and every single factory option including the powercode remote start. I am currently averaging 39-40mpg in mixed driving, and am getting 45-54mpg when i'm doing mostly city driving. Damn incredible considering that my vehicle only has 1300 miles on the odometer now. It is even more incredible when the EPA rates it at 36highway, 41 city.

It is still hard to believe that i'm getting 45-54mpg in the city as I am NOT hypermiling, and those are Toyota Prius'like fuel economy numbers for the city. The guys on the Fusion forum insist that fuel economy will improve even more after 3000 miles, which is similar to what the factory manual says. I find it funny that Ford beat Toyota at their own game.
junehhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #5  
High Definition is the definition of life.
Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Barrington, Il.
Age: 67
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junehhan View Post
Just in case you havn't seen it, but the automatic Fusion actually gets significantly better fuel economy than the manual transmission does

I have a 2010 Light Ice Blue Ford Fusion Hybrid with the medium stone interior and every single factory option including the powercode remote start. I am currently averaging 39-40mpg in mixed driving, and am getting 45-54mpg when i'm doing mostly city driving. Damn incredible considering that my vehicle only has 1300 miles on the odometer now. It is even more incredible when the EPA rates it at 36highway, 41 city.

It is still hard to believe that i'm getting 45-54mpg in the city as I am NOT hypermiling, and those are Toyota Prius'like fuel economy numbers for the city. The guys on the Fusion forum insist that fuel economy will improve even more after 3000 miles, which is similar to what the factory manual says. I find it funny that Ford beat Toyota at their own game.
I was anxiously awaiting your report .

One question, are those mpg numbers from the vehicle computer or are they calculated by you after you fill up?
A guy at work has a Prius and I would tease him about the 58mpg he said he would get. I challenged him to actually calculate it and sure enough actual mileage was 4mpg less. From there on out I refer to it as "Toyota" mpg vs. "actual" mpg .
Emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #6  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 7,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
I was anxiously awaiting your report .

One question, are those mpg numbers from the vehicle computer or are they calculated by you after you fill up?
A guy at work has a Prius and I would tease him about the 58mpg he said he would get. I challenged him to actually calculate it and sure enough actual mileage was 4mpg less. From there on out I refer to it as "Toyota" mpg vs. "actual" mpg .
I have actually done both. From what i'm reading on the forums, actual fuel economy is between 1-2mpg lower than the on computer calculated fuel economy. For my first tank of fuel, it took me 14.3 gallons to fill up after driving 560 miles. That comes out to actual fuel economy of 39mpg while the onboard dash calculated it at 39.3.

This was with combined highway and city driving at roughly 60city/40 highway. When i'm putzing around the neighborhood in stealth mode, the fuel economy numbers get pretty incredible for a 3800lb mid-size sedan.
junehhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #7  
"Shitter was Full"
 
Bigloww's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 8,321
Default

We were offered either offered Fusions or Escapes for company cars again this year. I took the Escape for the added room for parts and such. But really liked the Fusions and made the decision pretty hard. A couple co-workers just took delivery of their Fusion's and really like them allot, even though they were pretty much base models. The upgrade was the Taurus and 1 person just took delivery of that. He really likes the new Taurus too. Ford is really doing a fine job at putting out quality vehicles that are getting allot of looks. The new SHO looks pretty dam bad ass and the band for the buck is quite impressive.

U.S.A. U.S.A U.S.A
Bigloww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #8  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 7,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigloww View Post
We were offered either offered Fusions or Escapes for company cars again this year. I took the Escape for the added room for parts and such. But really liked the Fusions and made the decision pretty hard. A couple co-workers just took delivery of their Fusion's and really like them allot, even though they were pretty much base models. The upgrade was the Taurus and 1 person just took delivery of that. He really likes the new Taurus too. Ford is really doing a fine job at putting out quality vehicles that are getting allot of looks. The new SHO looks pretty dam bad ass and the band for the buck is quite impressive.

U.S.A. U.S.A U.S.A


You have no idea how badly I wanted the new Taurus SHO having been a former owner of a 95 MTX SHO and 99 v8SHO. However, there was just no way I could afford a $42-45k car. This truly shows how important good leadership is. Jacques "the knife" Nasser screwed things up by losing focus about what Ford should be doing, and Bill Ford Jr. nearly ran Ford into the ground as I don't think he was up to the responsibilities of being Ford's CEO. Alan Mulally has done one helluva job in saving Ford, and it was his brain that kept Ford from going into bankruptcy. Mulally saw that tough times were coming and mortgaged off all of Ford's assets including the blue oval itself to raise enough cash to weather tough times.

I am a small Ford shareholder(very small), but I have always been a Ford fan and it really makes me so happy to see my favorite American company coming around like this. You have no idea how badly I hated Jacques Nasser and Bill Ford Jr. as I was afraid that they were going to run Ford into the ground.

What really irks me about some of the reviews i'm seeing for the new SHO are the magazine guys who get a new SHO without the ugpraded brake pads, and then complain about brake fade and smelly brakes when no normal person is going to be driving like that on the street anyway.
junehhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #9  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
daleb's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 7,654
Default

If you look at the reliability figures for all automakers Ford is right there behind Toyota and Honda. Of course, those numbers are based on the last several years, so if you are just talking about how much Ford has improved, it is even a brighter picture.
The Fusion is certainly a case in point.
GM and Chrysler stats still look like crap in comparison.
Glad to see the Fusion to take a mpg lead too...of course the Prius has been around a long time in comparison and doing a superb job, but I'm glad to see an American co. finally walk up to the plate and knock one home.
The Taurus could become a 'standard' again, but this time one that will last, in more ways than one.
daleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #10  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junehhan View Post
Just in case you havn't seen it, but the automatic Fusion actually gets significantly better fuel economy than the manual transmission does

I hadn't seen it, but did look it up, and you are right! Still, I wouldn't get an auto. I'm pulling far superior numbers from my Civic compared with EPA estimates (doubt I could do that with an auto). Also, I hate how disconnected I feel with a slushbox - standard trans may jerk a bit sometimes, but it is certainly responsive. Plus, I still don't feel that auto transmissions are built for the long haul (bad experience on a 2001 Lexus, with less than 100K miles), so I'd rather pay to replace a clutch or two instead of an entire trans.
sjt1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #11  
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 29
Default

I won't get anything else until my car dies. Who knows what will be available then, LOL...
Richard4890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #12  
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 7,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjt1985 View Post
I hadn't seen it, but did look it up, and you are right! Still, I wouldn't get an auto. I'm pulling far superior numbers from my Civic compared with EPA estimates (doubt I could do that with an auto). Also, I hate how disconnected I feel with a slushbox - standard trans may jerk a bit sometimes, but it is certainly responsive. Plus, I still don't feel that auto transmissions are built for the long haul (bad experience on a 2001 Lexus, with less than 100K miles), so I'd rather pay to replace a clutch or two instead of an entire trans.
I would highly recommend that you at least take a Fusion automatic for a test drive, as it might change your opinion. I took a Fusion SE auto for a test drive a while back and I was very impressed. This is one of the most responsive transmissions i've ever driven, as it responds very well and seemed to always be in the right gear for the driving conditions. It is an incredibly smooth shifting transmission. After all, the worst thing that can happen after you test drive it is realize that it isn't for you if you decide that.
junehhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource >
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


to Anyone get a Fusion yet?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High Def on DVD? Jephph High Definition Media 21 07-22-2008 01:37 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:31 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands