High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource (https://www.highdefforum.com/index.php)
-   Blu-Ray Movie Reviews and Software discussion (https://www.highdefforum.com/blu-ray-movie-reviews-software-discussion-66/)
-   -   Blu-Ray Movie Review Format-READ BEFORE POSTING A REVIEW PLEASE (https://www.highdefforum.com/blu-ray-movie-reviews-software-discussion/44499-blu-ray-movie-review-format-read-before-posting-review-please.html)

Cass 06-04-2007 11:59 PM

Blu-Ray Movie Review Format-READ BEFORE POSTING A REVIEW PLEASE
 
Hi All,

It has been suggested by a great member of the HDF (PFC5) that we all follow a review format commonality. Please try to adhere to the following:

1. Title = "Movie Name" Blu-Ray Review
2. The 5 Star Ratings for; Movie Content, Video Quality, Sound Quality, Extras Value, and maybe a Family Content Value Rating.
3. A side section that has the movie disc specs (i.e. Studio Name, MPAA Rating, Disc Size/type (DL, Combo, etc), Video codec used, Audio codecs used, Director Name, Starring Cast)
4. Standard Sections of the review body could be broken up as follows: Synopsys, Video Quality, Sound Quality, Extras, Summary which would include a "Family Value" notation and a Buy, Rent, or Never Mind, recommendation.

Thanks for your reviews!!! :yippee:

rajkraj 02-26-2008 01:45 PM

Someone Plzz Tell Me How To Download Free Hd Movies ...

borromini 02-26-2008 01:52 PM

They aren't free for download.

PFC5 07-31-2008 12:21 AM

Doesn't ANYONE read the format structure in this sticky?

This is not the chat about BD movies section but the REVIEW section. That is WHY there is a format to follow. :rolleyes:

mfabien 07-31-2008 05:20 AM

This thread project seems to be duplicating the The New PQ Tier thread for Blu-Ray

in the AVS Forum...

It requires a lot of work and input from members to reclassify movies in a more proper rating.


Benzodiazepine 02-05-2009 12:22 AM

LOL, they didn't read the format?

More reviews please!!

ImRizzo 02-18-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFC5 (Post 663113)
Doesn't ANYONE read the format structure in this sticky?

This is not the chat about BD movies section but the REVIEW section. That is WHY there is a format to follow. :rolleyes:

As long as no one enforces them why bother.

Stew4HD 04-09-2009 06:48 AM

Why all the fuss about "proper" review structuring? I will not be doing any more reviews because I don't feel the need to add all that extra fluff to a review.

IMO, just state what you thought of the AQ, PQ and plot. If folks want an all out, full blown 1000 word review.. there are plenty of "professional" sites to go to.

I just see too much bickering here over how some people choose to take the time to post a review..

my 3 cents .:what:

gossamer 04-09-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stew4HD (Post 852615)
Why all the fuss about "proper" review structuring? I will not be doing any more reviews because I don't feel the need to add all that extra fluff to a review.

IMO, just state what you thought of the AQ, PQ and plot. If folks want an all out, full blown 1000 word review.. there are plenty of "professional" sites to go to.

I just see too much bickering here over how some people choose to take the time to post a review..

my 3 cents .:what:

100% agree. My reviews, albiet far and few between, have been "following the format" so to speak. I give a brief plot description, whether I like the movie or not and of course my PQ/AQ rating. What else do you need? Sheesh!

Stew4HD 04-09-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gossamer (Post 852626)
100% agree. My reviews, albiet far and few between, have been "following the format" so to speak. I give a brief plot description, whether I like the movie or not and of course my PQ/AQ rating. What else do you need? Sheesh!

Thanks! I like your reviews which is similar to how I do mine :hithere:

PFC5 04-09-2009 07:45 AM

It does not have to be as "wordy" as Peter's reviews and can be more like my sample review of The Happening, or Mattie _B's review of The Day the Earth Stood Still. By just simply keeping these main format elements, it serves as a sort of check list reminder to the reviewer what to include in the review, and to give a more consistent structure for people. I actually prefer a fairly brief Synopsis myself like you both do myself.

Once we get the "formal" review section up we may just say the hell with it and abandon asking for a structure to the reviews in this section, but hope people try to have the major elements included in their reviews then.

Stew4HD 04-09-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFC5 (Post 852630)
It does not have to be as "wordy" as Peter's reviews and can be more like my sample review of The Happening, or Mattie _B's review of The Day the Earth Stood Still. By just simply keeping these main format elements, it serves as a sort of check list reminder to the reviewer what to include in the review, and to give a more consistent structure for people. I actually prefer a fairly brief Synopsis myself like you both do myself.

Once we get the "formal" review section up we may just say the hell with it and abandon asking for a structure to the reviews in this section, but hope people try to have the major elements included in their reviews then.

It's great to have a formatted structure! I guess I was under the impression that HDF wanted a format more like Peter's. If brief yet structured is still fine.. then I will add a review now and then :)

HD Goofnut 04-09-2009 08:02 AM

I agree with Stew. The standard structure should be simple and not a 12 page essay as Peter tends to write.

awol 04-09-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFC5 (Post 852630)
It does not have to be as "wordy" as Peter's reviews and can be more like my sample review of The Happening, or Mattie _B's review of The Day the Earth Stood Still. ----- I actually prefer a fairly brief Synopsis myself like you both do myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stew4HD (Post 852632)
It's great to have a formatted structure! I guess I was under the impression that HDF wanted a format more like Peter's. If brief yet structured is still fine.. then I will add a review now and then :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD Goofnut (Post 852635)
I agree with Stew. The standard structure should be simple and not a 12 page essay as Peter tends to write.

Oh boy. It's too early for popcorn.... What's a good morning-time snack for a show??? :lol: ;)

Stew4HD 04-09-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awol (Post 852640)
Oh boy. It's too early for popcorn.... What's a good morning-time snack for a show??? :lol: ;)

Peanut butter granola bars are perfect.. or oatmeal and raisin!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum