High Def Forum
Thank you for visiting. This is our website archive. Please visit our main website by clicking the logo above.

Splitting HD Component into a HD Component and a RCA Composite

01-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I have a original Xbox 360 (with no HDMI port), an Olevia 32" HDTV and a new piece of hardware for my laptop called eyeTV 250. Since my tv is HD, I use the HD component cable to connect my tv and my xbox.

But, now I have eyeTV which I'd like to use to record the video from my xbox as I play. I could use the RCA composite cable to connect the xbox straight to the eyeTV hardware, but then there would be a considerable delay between real time and what I'm seeing. I'd like to split the cable somehow so I can play on my HDTV using the HD component cables, and record on eyeTV. The eyeTV takes either S-Video or RCA composite.

I guess what I'm looking for is:
HD Component -> HD Component + (RCA composite OR S-Video)

I've scoured the internet with no luck. Does such a beast of a cable exist?

I hope I got all the cables right, because I don't know much about the different formats. I went by the "Cables (The Basics)" thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can clarify anything if necessary.