High Def Forum
Thank you for visiting. This is our website archive. Please visit our main website by clicking the logo above.

Component to Composite: is it possible?

10-04-2007, 08:34 PM

I have a TV tuner installed in my PC that has AV-in ports. I use it to record shows from my receiver through the AV-out in my TV.

However, I'm having problems recording from xbox360/playstation 3 sessions, because they use component cables - not composite, and the signal is different (I'm on 1080i).

So my question is: is there a method or a device I can use to convert the component's signal to something my recorder can understand?

Your help is appreciated. :)

10-05-2007, 08:32 AM
It seems you have two choices:

A dedicated converter for about $500


An AV receiver for about $500 (or more)