View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #7  
Sparky638
What is HD?

Red face Digitenna

I recently made some changes to my rual location that finally brought my internet capabilities up to what is currently available in metropolitan areas and it allowed me video connections previously unavailable to this area. With this, I seriously reconsidered installing an OTA antenna with the thought of cutting the connection to the overpriced, undervalued Direct TV receiver that has entertained my family for the last five years plus partaking in the new digital reception that's "all the rage".

My reason for going with DTV was my fear of roofs after falling off while fixing my old analog system for the umpteenth time due damage caused by high wind occasions that occur more often in rual areas that use deep fringe antennas.

I had heard about the Digitenna about a year ago and after searching on Google I realised that the manufacturer is very close to my location - only five minutes away. During the last year I asked around to see if anyone has any experience with this product and although there were only a few they all had nothing but good things to say. We live about 60 miles from Milwaukee, WI in one direction and the same distance from Green Bay, WI in the other so it has always been a challenge to get good reception. My in-laws installed one recently and it is beyond comparison to Radio Shack, etc.

Regarding the Digitenna product, the reason this antenna seems costly is its superior construction. It has no folding elements and connections are almost nonexistent. The smaller range antennas are shipped fully assembled and the larger ones are designed to conform to shipping requirements while minimizing problamatic connection errors to guarantee unequalled performance.

Another thing to consider is that each antenna comes with a lifetime warranty! I honestly don't know of any other antenna with that kind of guarantee but I welcome any corrections.

Folks, visit their site or give them a call and ask for the owner, Brad Eckwielen. This guy is an antenna expert who makes a great product. And no, I don't know him or do I have any gain for saying this. My interest is informing you about a product that you may have unfairly judged.
Sparky638 is offline   Reply With Quote