View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #995
ckone180
What, me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by discmanmfe View Post
Listen, if you are stubborn and want to spend more money than you need to, be my guest. I will give you a good price on the Brooklyn Bridge.
Ha ha ha! I never said I spend more money than I should! I purchased quality inexpensive cables($8 HDMI, 3), and I was suckered into the Monster Cable game at first. I have both types of cables to compare by myself, and I must say, damn! There is no discernable difference to my eyes.

Quote:
It is just becomes a matter as to how much a seller wants to make. One also needs to consider if the seller is inventorying goods which is costly which adds to the selling price.
What it boils down to in this particular game is the profit the retailers desire to make. Therefore, they limit their selection to two (sometimes just one) brand, and that is where they make a lot of profit. Not just a inventory issue.

Quote:
It is also important to buy from a company that you trust. If I remember correctly, we still live in a free country and not in Russia.
That's why you can buy from whomever you want.
And if you remember correctly, that is a talking point of ECTVs. Very like-minded there are we?

Quote:
You don't need Costco's 90 day return policy if you are purchasing the right product. This is for people who have no idea what to buy, so they want to try it literally for free for 90 days.
Even the best of brands have their lemons, or products that have issues do to shipping, missed quality control inspections, storing and set up. These issues may have nothing to do with the manufacturing process, may just simply be a component jarred loose from rough shipping, that will not prove itself evident until 10 or so days after purchase. 90 days is a good benchmark, why would MOST B&M stores adopt this magical number?

Quote:
Don't buy garage. If it breaks within 90 days, it is probably "B", "gray" or refurbished goods.
Once again, not really a true statement. Let us take a normal person, who works throughout the week. This person only has time to watch TV for, let's assume, 2 hours per day. If he has a small pinch in a wiring harness leading from the power supply on the inside of the set, and operates this unit without prior knowledge of such, the wires will eventually begin to heat. Let us imagine he hasn't been able to sit down in front of the TV for a couple of weeks for a real power day, 2 movies and a bit of gaming. The amount of heat generated after the 6 hours of operation could cause the insulation to wear down, creating a short. At this point he is an owner for 14-15 days. The set fails. The more realistic scenario would be that it would take longer to wear the insulation down, but I have sped up the process. He now has a TV that is better suited for return than repair, due to timely servicing not being available in the rural area he lives in. 14-15 days are outside of the return policy for ECTVs, and we can argue about whether or not they would accept it anyway. The point is that their return policy is only 7 days.

Quote:
It makes no difference to me if you don't want to purchase from East Coast TVs as I am not an owner or receive any money for recommending them. I am just a very satisfied customer just trying to help the unknowledgeable people who want to get good pricing.
And I truly appreciate those people who are just trying to help others in their decisions, and assist them in making an educated one. I, however, am just trying to shed light on the LACK of customer service in this regard. And yes, they may not go strictly by their policy, but what is written is the only liability they must meet.

Quote:
Only those who have done their homework will probably buy from East Coast TVs. If they find a lower price, they will probably buy elsewhere.
I disagree, this is where you are correct. We agree to disagree. This is a blanket statement with absolutely no basis in reality. Those people who do their research may or may not purchase from ECTVs. It is a matter of perception. If I were trying to gain knowledge and read this thread, I would run far away from ECTVs, as there are many, many other retailers, online or B&M, that compete with the pricing and have much better policy and customer service. When we are discussing a product for $2000, a hundred dollars is not that big of a deal when you can rest assured that you are being backed by companies that can support you in every way.