View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #13  
PFC5
Former Super Moderator - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRoscoe View Post
Points well taken...but...

As PFC5 mentioned in his post, he has A TON of SD-DVD's he may never watch again, again sounds familiar to someone such as I who began home video collecting in 1983, I don't care what you buy (own) a point in time WILL arrive when that video will be on the "Seldom-Seen List"...

Extra's only matter IF they're well done (many are not), and besides, most don't buy a particular video for the extra's...it's the movie that counts...

Have you tried VUDU?...if not you may be pleasently surprised as I was...

When you rent a video how many times do you usually watch it?...for most it's only once (or maybe twice)...and how many times in 24 hours can you watch a video before growing tired of it?, let alone over 5 days...

Streaming HD video/audio hasen't reached ANYWARE near it's potential yet, when it does....
I often fall asleep while watching a movie and the next chance i get may well be after the 24 hours since I started to watch it 9or someone else in the family watched it), so Vudo wouldn't be a good fit for my family. I am paying only about $2.00 or less to rent only BD movies from Netflix depending on how fast they get watched and returned, so this fits much better for me and my family's viewing habits. If only they could stop changing the encodings so I do not have to delay watching a movie with the wife or family because I have to go searching for the firmware updates I would be much happier.
PFC5 is offline   Reply With Quote