View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
Loves2Watch
Former Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebronson View Post
When I view plasmas, they don't seem to have the motion blurr. On the other hand, the colours aren't as vivid and the screen appears darker to me. Of course the LCD will look brighter on the sales floor of a store that has high intensity lighting. Things are much different once you see a plasma in your home.

I viewed plasmas and leds with similar specs, side by side and find myself liking the LEDs more.Again you did that comparison in a store which in no way represents the ambient lighting in your home.

Besides, most salesguys I've spoken to say that plasma is an old technology that most likely will be phased out. I've been hearing that for years from "salesguys". Plasma still exists as there is nothing currently better.

Another thing that bothers me, is that plasmas degrade. LEDs on the other hand won't. I guess when an LED is done, the whole thing goes, but until that happens it's just as good as when new. Plasma TV's degrade no sooner than a LCD display would.(20 years +)

I'm wondering if I'm not as good with the UNB55B6000 as with the UN55B7000. The price difference is however is less than $200. So maybe the marginal difference is worth the newer model.

Thanks guys for your input.

-Peter Oh
Just for your consideration since you may have some not quite right impressions of plasma technology. I seriously recommend that you look at one in someones home who has it properly adjusted. All in all plasma clearly has a superior picture. Plasma doesn't exhibit motion blur/smear and has much better off axis viewing angles.

Last edited by Loves2Watch; 07-02-2009 at 05:07 PM..
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote