View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #12  
txcrude
HD fan

Default mounting speakers high

Thanks for the great article and the discussions.

I have two rooms I need to setup.

1) media room - I am planning on using in-wall speakers in a 7.1 setup. had them pre-wired so the speakers will be about 3 1/2 ft from the floor, around eye level when sitting. I am planning on using the same speaker (Polk RC85i) for center as for the six surround speakers. as far as I have read that is an acceptable alternative to a dedicated (and more expensive) center speaker, especially when looking at in-wall. I am also planning on using 1 or 2 subs in the corners. The room is about 22 ft long so I will start with one sub in the front first.

One more thing ... I would like to have two rows of seats, so the second row would be slightly behind the left and right surround, but in front of the rear left and right surround.

2) living room - because of the layout and open setup, the 4 surround speakers (5.1 setup) are pre-wired at about 10 ft height. I also plan on using Polk RC85i (or RC65i) where the tweeter can be directed downwards. Is this going to be an issue to have the speakers so high ? Obviously I will be using the media room for the real movie experience.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Now if I could only find a deal on 12 identical Polk (7.1 + 5.1 setups) in-wall speakers.

Last edited by txcrude; 12-03-2008 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: forgot one thing
txcrude is offline   Reply With Quote