View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #15  
Shark2k
High Definition is the definition of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
A computer or games will never be hooked up to this panel, but I will be buying a blue ray down the road
What I suggest you do is A) go back to the store and see if they can put in a Blu-ray movie and play it at 1080p on one set and 720p on another set. The same movie, at more or less the same spot in the movie so you can see if you actually notice a difference between 720p or 1080p. If you do not notice a difference I would go with the 720p set. If you notice a difference and it's not all that big of a deal to you, again go with the 720p. If you notice a difference and it is a big deal to you (wow, that really looks clearer and sharper in 1080p, I like that much better, type of thing) than go with the 1080p set.

B) if A is not feasible (the store does not have two of the same movies to show, only one TV is hooked up to Blu-ray or whatever) then you could try something else (which would be a little more difficult). This would be, finding two of your friends that have the same Blu-ray movie (and consequently have a Blu-ray player) and hopefully a friend that has a 1080p TV. Then you see if your friends will let you borrow the players and movies, hook them up to two different (I would keep them the same type though for testing) inputs (i.e. two HDMI or two Component). Put the movies into the players and go through different scenes and than switch back and forth between the two inputs and see if you notice a difference. From there, the same decisions would be used as in option A.

That's my 2 cents on the whole ordeal. From what I've read and know, a 50" will probably still be difficult to notice the enhancements of 1080p. But, I would strongly recommend trying to do A (as it is the easiest on your part and you don't have to trouble friends).

-Shark2k
Shark2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links