View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #8  
Shark2k
High Definition is the definition of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob Jones View Post
In other words, follow the advice of MShulman. I find that he is usually right on the money and on the technology.
But if you can't notice the difference between 720p and 1080p now, than you won't be able to notice the difference in 4 years. And the TC already mentioned he can't tell the difference, nobody on this forum is telling him he won't notice a difference. It's already fact. Whether or not there is more content available in 1080p in 4 years then, does not really matter. Since it is the TCs TV and not the people that will visit and watch HD content (who might be able to notice the difference) it should be based upon his preference. So, since the TC has said that he cannot notice the difference between 720p and 1080p, than there really is no reason for him to get the more expensive TV.

While more people might say 1080p is "TrueHD" the fact remains that 720p is also technically "TrueHD", it's just not the highest resolution you can go right now. Other than the better resolution you get from 1080p, as far as I'm concerned (and I know, correct me if I'm wrong though) there really is not a benefit of 1080p over 720p. Which means that in 4 years from now, unless the TC can notice the difference between 720p and 1080p, it really wouldn't matter that he bought the 720p version.

And on different note and just out of curiosity, rbinck was this statement "I don't agree with the statement you can't see the difference. I would rather say you won't notice the difference." just a general statement or directed to me. (I guess I'm paranoid for no reason and think you were talking to me )

-Shark2k
Shark2k is offline   Reply With Quote