View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 02:30 AM   #12  
El Despairado
HD DVD: Still the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Omega_Man View Post
Wow, so with simply an announcement by a major movie studio, we have HDM consumers apologizing to each other for voicing their educated opinions or making recomendations and others vowing to switch to SD DVD's only, going forward!

All I can say is WOW!

This is very, very unbelievable to me.

First off, risk is a way of life in this CE game. Period!

There are NO right decisions that one individual can make for all, in this game. We each all make our own choices for our own reasons.

Second off, why do some of you have your tails between your legs and your faces to the floor? You all STILL have the best commercially available HDM play back systems available on the Planet today! Now how many people around the world can say that? (not enough obviously! )

Third, ALL HD DVD players can play SD DVDs and up convert them as well. ALL HD DVD players can play PiP enabled HD DVD titles. ALL HD DVD players can easily connect to the Internet for download, updates, and other unprecedented interactive functionality.

I am honored, not saddened to have access to this level of technology, within my lifetime.

I also recognize that the CE industry is filled with Money Grabbing Whores, that will keep things changing, just to get us all to spend our money, yet again!

I've said it many times here before, the key here is to get the VALUE out of what you have purchased!:
I don't think I could possibly agree with you more, if I had written that all myself. However, it's only up to this point that I can say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Omega_Man View Post
If you do not feel that you have gotten the appropriate value out of your HD DVD purchase decision, then I suggest that you go out and buy some more HD DVD movies, get your HD DVD player(s) connected to the Internet and petition whomever you think will listen to deliver you some new HD DVD movies, until you do!

If you look at things from this perspective, then it really does not matter what happens to HD DVD or BD, now does it?
I do feel I have gotten the appropriate value out of HD DVD. It's delivered everything I ever thought it would and more, and I will keep on getting titles. I personally, really look forward to the sales on HD DVD media when people start clearing inventory. Yes, I am 99% sure this will happen at some point, and that HD DVD has indeed "lost".

However, I really don't think buying up titles or petitioning, etc is going to matter one iota at the end of the day. Too much content has swung the other way. The only hope Toshiba has is that they buy off at least Fox and Disney, but then we are right back to a stalemate, which I would personally welcome, because at least then I had a choice. However, I don't think Toshiba's likely to do that at all, and they'd have to do it immediately to make it pay off. At this point, there isn't much the consumer can do to change what has happened, and what has happened shows that the consumer who was interested solely in the movie aspect of HDM didn't really matter anyway.
El Despairado is offline   Reply With Quote