View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #127  
unotis
UNOTIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
You want to use 20%, go ahead, I can't find any evidence that is the correct ratio. The only certain percentage I know is that 100% of PS3 consoles sold are capable of playing Blu-ray. I do not know how many have been used, but my analysis that either Blu-ray has a much higher attach rate or the PS3 is being used quite often for Blu-ray is true. I choose to believe the PS3 is being used quite often and about 40% of PS3 owners have used it for Blu-ray. I choose to believe the average PS3 owner owns an HDTV or he wouldn't own a PS3.

Warner is aware of the PS3 capabilities and marketshare and the PS3 is going to be consideration is my opinion and the HD DVD enthusiasts that try to state otherwise are not going to change that opinion. The PS3 is so significant, I believe it will be an important factor in the decision and Warner will decide to turn Blu after consideration of all factors and all offers.

Chris
Both of the percentages are seemingly too high, BobY says he has proof from Blu-Ray sources that the attach rate is less then 20% and he can provide it.

And I do wish for your sake that potential could replace actual use of the PS3 as a Blu-Ray player (heck I wish Blu-Ray would finally complete development of the format), but I think the Studios would use the real number of discs sales per owner/player as a reason to support a format.

STUDIO: Let's see which is better for our profit margin? Choose the format that has a rapidly increasing customer base and one that buys 4 times as many movies at full profit per player or the one that has firesales (BOGO) and dumps their movies at half price just to maintain a small sales advantage because their customer base buys very few movies per player in comparison. And also the one format has increased their sales 50% in the last 4 months and it appears that growth will just increase in 2008.

Now, Which should we choose???

Wait, it is a no brainer and good business sense, HD DVD!

Last edited by unotis; 12-19-2007 at 11:26 AM..
unotis is offline   Reply With Quote