View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 04:27 AM   #125  
Chris Gerhard
High Definition is the definition of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unotis View Post
Okay, I stand corrected, I went a checked the PS3 has sold world wide 7.5 million, that would make the number of them being used as Blu-Ray players around 1.5 million. which still means HD DVD sells 4 times as much software per player.

We still win in the eyes of the Studios that are trying to decide who to back. And we are continuing to see aggressive increases in HD DVD stand-alones (50% in the last 4 months) if that keeps up and it should we will probably see 2 million HD DVD stand-alones sold and being used by the end of 2008, which should mean 8 times the movies being sold by HD DVD over Blu-Ray and that is where the Studios are going to watch as to where the future profits will be, not how well a game console is doing saleswise (you can call it a media center if you want but it is not really a media center is it?).

Heck at least I don't call it a paper weight, and there are some that would, something being called something doesn't make it so!
You want to use 20%, go ahead, I can't find any evidence that is the correct ratio. The only certain percentage I know is that 100% of PS3 consoles sold are capable of playing Blu-ray. I do not know how many have been used, but my analysis that either Blu-ray has a much higher attach rate or the PS3 is being used quite often for Blu-ray is true. I choose to believe the PS3 is being used quite often and about 40% of PS3 owners have used it for Blu-ray. I choose to believe the average PS3 owner owns an HDTV or he wouldn't own a PS3.

Warner is aware of the PS3 capabilities and marketshare and the PS3 is going to be consideration is my opinion and the HD DVD enthusiasts that try to state otherwise are not going to change that opinion. The PS3 is so significant, I believe it will be an important factor in the decision and Warner will decide to turn Blu after consideration of all factors and all offers.

Chris
Chris Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote