View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #15  
Type A
1080 Optical Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshulman
Regardless of whether it should be necessary or not, noone would have these problems if they picked up an extended warranty. The $50-60 I spent when I bought my 360 originally was the best $50-60 ever spent. When mine failed, I swapped it out at Best Buy, got a new unit (this time with HDMI) and paid $7 for another 2 year warranty.
Complete bullshit. I consider it an insult, and a joke, to PAY a third party to protect my investment from manufactures defects...ESPECIALLY in a Billion Dollar industry. Did M$ send you a tube of K-Y Jelly after you paid BB for that extended warranty?

Quote:
I think a recall would have been good, but how long would that take to get everyone a new unit? Being realistic, I think a recall would have been very difficult to do and in many cases unnecessary.
Doesnt matter how much or how long it takes when its the right thing to do.

Quote:
Extending the warranty to 3 years was the right thing to do. Gaming is not a necessity, so it stands to reason if someone is out their console for a few weeks, its not the end of the world. I think MS is doing what they can and need to in order to resolve the issue - so long as units they are replacing are not failing.
Its more than gaming. And, thats a BIG part of the problem, customers are often inconvenienced more than once. Guess this tread officially needs this video of repeat returns:

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/..._Warranty.html

Last edited by Type A; 12-12-2007 at 12:24 PM..
Type A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links