View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 05:14 AM   #207  
junehhan
High Definition is the definition of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
I'm not altering my driving habit because I work 1/2 mile from home. I've had my 2003 Chevy S10 for almost 4 years and I only have 26k miles on it. However we usually go out in my wife's car so that helps. Seems anybody with at least one kid and many with none are buying SUVs these days. This is a gas-guzzling, selfish and domesticated society we live in.
Like it or not, it drives the economy and may be the only thing keeping some automakers from entering the history books as so many other automakers have in the bad sense. For some automakers, it's the only thing they seem to earn a profit on while it pads the pockets of other firms that are financially doing pretty well. Look at how GM's new lineup of redesigned mega-utes and trucks appears to have temporarily slowed down their bleeding of red ink. The thing about America, is that people have choice and they choose to live comfortably. America is a big spread out nation, and solutions that work for other more densly populated area's of the world either won't work or are not acceptable by our standards. Whether America is selfish or not, the world could not possibly exist at the current economic level without America as we are the largest consumers of export products for many nations of the world.
junehhan is offline   Reply With Quote