View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 11:46 AM   #2  
rabbit73
It's the Antenna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcamaro70 View Post
Cablecard no longer works with my tivo, so I cut the cord.....I would love to go OTA and use my tivo roamio series5 with all the apps and local channels. I am so confused about what I need. I attached the map I'm looking at, I'd like to get an attic antenna but I'd also like to get new york channels as opposed to CT channels. I am so out of my element with this OTA stuff and the more research I do, the more confused I get. Most of the channels are due North but they are CT, the west is NY so I'd like to try to get them.
Hello, jpcamaro70. Some days I feel out of my element too, and I've been helping posters with reception problems for more than 10 years.

Thank you for the image of your signal report. An active link to the report would have been a little better, so that we can click on a callsign to see the terrain profile for that channel.

Receiving the NY channels will be difficult with an attic antenna, but we will try to help you make a test to see if it can work for you.

The NY channels are much weaker than the local channels, so you will need a preamp for them, but the preamp might be overloaded by the local channels. What will help is that the NY channels are in a different direction, so the local channels will be weaker because they will be coming in on the side of the NY antenna.

Not only are the NY channels weak, but they are about 55 miles away, and they are 2Edge signals that have terrain interference.

Last edited by rabbit73; 04-12-2019 at 01:18 PM..
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote