View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
jkkyler
I bleed for HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindriu80 View Post
i have a soundbar with the Sony bravia TV and its not up to my two floor standing JBL speakers and JBL subwoofer.

I'm not sure if I made a mistake buying my NAD Stereo Receiver several years ago but if I want surround sound I guess I will have to buy a AV receiver.

I can't fit speakers behind the sofa though and the living room is small enough width wise.

I have lots of questions of surround vs stereo like :
Can I get existing sound quality out with a new surround receiver or able to switch to stereo ?
Yes most modern days AVR (Audio Video Receivers) are able to produce 2 speaker stereo , 5.1 / 7.1 surround sound and many different environments in between at the press of a button. I watch most tv and movies in surround sound and almost always switch to 2 channel stereo for music (unless th music was specifically produced in surround sound . The best of both worlds. ALso in 5.1 surround sound the surround speakers go to the side of the listener not in the rear - rear surrounds are added to the side surrounds in 7.1 .
HT- Panasonic TH-50PZ800U 1080p plasma, Panasonic PT-AX200u LCD projector, Elite Vmax Electric 100' screen, Pioneer Elite SC-71 AVR, Paradigm Titan Monitor v5 fronts, Paradigm CC-190 v6 center, Paradigm Atom Monitors v5 surrounds(x4), HSU research VTF-2 sub, Bowers + Wilkins ASW610 sub, HTPC/Gaming rig, Sony BDP-S550 blu-ray, Uverse HD-DVR, Roku 2

Bedroom: RCA 40: LED, BD-player
Den - Vizio 20"1080p LCD + RCA BDP

Don't believe everything you read on the internet - Albert Einstein
jkkyler is offline   Reply With Quote