View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 07:59 PM   #8  
dels28
Hoosier Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicaw
I don't know about the trivial thing but after registering and downloading the 23mB file -- the "test drive" of the program didn't help me much - It didn't list my Sony34XBR800 _maybe they call it a 34XBR80? - and it seems to load a predetermined (limited?) set of functions for each device chosen - most of my remotes have a many times more functions than are availablel on the pictured unit - my XBR has 43 buttons + joystick+ 12 more on the numeric pad (55 total)-the sony A/V rcvr has 56 + joystick- the Harmony 880 looks like an ordainary VCR or Sat remote from the pictures (keypad + about 15 other buttons) - and the demo doesn't provide anything but more pictures of it. - A $500 touch screen remote would probably work better - but that's for the folks who buy $3000 DVD players and $50K triode amps IMO - [ Envy ]
In my experience, if you have the time and patience, you should be able to program every feature of your original remote into a Harmony (at least mine). Are you saying you use every single function of each one of your remotes? Don't judge a book by its cover. For my av controls, the Harmony has 10 pages of commands. You can scroll through the pages, the command is then assigned to one of the eight LCD panel buttons. So if your remote has a dot. to enter channel 7.1, the Harmony can ad that dot on the panel screen. I don't know if this answers your question, but other than the ez mic function many av remotes have, I'd be surprised if there is something your orginal remote is capable of doing that the Harmony can't.
dels28 is offline   Reply With Quote