View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #3217  
Ray Von Geezer
High Definition is the definition of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
So that long rant was just an act? OK man, it's cool, whatever. We can always use some comic relief over here.
Ah, no. Parts were certainly tongue-in-cheek (I agree, some here take it all far too seriously for my tastes) but it comprised of earnest responses to Mike's points which I'm happy to debate with anyone, particularly if they can park their old format war trammel at the door.

I'm not sure about relating long posts with rants though, is that a cultural thing? I admit that while I can see why some find value in brevity, it's not something I'm very good at. That's why I think the "like" button is such a great idea, and with the simple addition of "dislike" and "ambivalent" buttons we could avoid having to post at all and spend our time better in the pub.

On the plus side, I do feel I've gained a better grasp of forum convention:-

Long post directly addressing points raised and not using partisan language = ranty & divisive
Short post not germane to anything and including terms such as "people like you" and "you and any other Blu-Ray consumer" = not ranty or divisive.

There's another one about comparing posts based on emotional content or something, but I've not got that yet. Is my decoder ring in the post?

Have a great weekend mate

Ray Von
Ray Von Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote