View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #1866
Malanthius
High Definition is the definition of life.

Sales? No. Has never looked good to me. Picture quality? That looks good! . I see Imortals as 300 part 2. Total gamer genre. So I understand why it is selling the way it is. Lots of games systems out there that happen to have a Bluray drive in it. That alone will give it a boost. Plus it's an action movie which also helps sell with non gamer consumers.

My point is I think a lot of the percentages are inflated by the fact that collectors are a dying breed. Those that still want to collect I expect to move to Bluray. I'm shocked at how many still collect that have not moved on to Bluray. Hard to get my head around that. But this fact doesn't sit well with me and exposes how poorly Bluray has been accepted by mainstream consumers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosty View Post
Hardly a surprise. Nothing has looked good to you for the format since its launch. j/k

Kinda have to see the results before saying that or are you just assuming sales are going to be low so that the Blu-ray unit marketshare will be high because of that. That would see to be contradicted by the high Blu-ray sales being projected.

But in this case, the point was not so much the philosophical cosmic discussion on Blu-ray ever going to replace DVD's revenues or fully cover its decline. It was more on the news that this specific title not only had an initial high Blu-ray marketshare which is pretty expected for its genre but also that it is on track to be the best selling Blu-ray title for the year and will probably punch above its TBO weight class for Blu-ray sales. I do not remember this title being on the discussion radar before.
Malanthius is offline   Reply With Quote