View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #1722  
bruceames
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosty View Post
A lot of releases like Twlight and Courageous this year are more favorable DVD genres than leading Blu-ray genres so more of the positive TBO impact has benefited DVD sales even more than Blu-ray.

I agree we have a small sample size.

But we also have a large jump in the YoY trend that will have some inertia to stay at a higher level as there are not that many weeks in the 2010 period in 1Q 2Q and 3Q 2011 that were above $40M for Blu-ray last year.

So there will be less chances to depress that metric. Especially after we get into late April through mid September.

It will be interesting to see how it develops and where Blu-ray ends up on weeks where the box office advantage is less pronounced.
Q1 is typically light on Blu-ray favorable genres, and last year was no exception either. We're getting apples to apples from what I can tell, and remember that last year there was no Blu-ray exclusive Lady and the Tramp, which topped the charts over Twilight and came in second the following week. It basically cancels out the DVD bias of Twilight, as I had illustrated in an earlier post.
bruceames is offline   Reply With Quote